Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can’t do that if you can’t find an unbiased jury, can you?
A jury is, I believe, a very UK-US type of thing. The Netherlands does not have a jury-system, but use the judges themselves. I do not know what the system is in Norway.

Edit: I found my answer in a further comment.

Nettavisen writes about arrest at the cabin:
In a decision from the District Court, the police received the court's approval to search Marius, but Nettavisen has been refused access to this by the Oslo District Court. In the refusal, it also appears that they have not dealt with the issue of arrest and that the prosecution has decided this itself.
At the same time, they confirm that a request for a search has been processed, without writing anything in the rejection letter about what they concluded. The refusal also states that the police believe the investigation could suffer if the decision is made public. This is what district court judge Einar Aas writes in the refusal of access.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
At Se og Hør
Marius' house gives him the opportunity to be by himself while being close to his family. Se og Hør knows that he has recently demolished the house and also on several occasions caused damage at Skaugum, which both the CP couple and the guards have known about. With recent revelations, as far as Se og Hør knows, security measures have been taken around Skaugum, and Marius' access to the property is said to have been restricted.
The CP couple must have had good reasons for having Marius living close to them. They can have control over him when he lives in Skaugum. While he lived in Oslo, there was wild partying and no control.
Sources tell that the CP couple have known about both the cocaine abuse and the violent behavior for a long time. In Marit-Marit's close circle people think that she has been naive in relation to her son and believed his explanations.

Program host Fredrik Solvang wants to have Mette-Marit and/or Haakon to his program "Debatten" to discuss the ongoing case.
- Right now it would be fine if the crown prince couple came. We have a lot to talk about. I think the crown princess, the crown prince or both can come. Everything that has happened around Marius and the family, of course we should have them as guests to talk about it.

Last edited:
:previous:There is so much to digest. So the adorable red house on the grounds of Skaugum is demolished, as in no longer there in the state we see it in, in the pictures? If so where has Marius been living? And, why not new aerial photos showing us the demolished house. I initially took the reports to mean that the inside of the red house was damaged i.e. "demolished", not the entire structure of the house. As for Skaugum, it has been damaged by Maurius and his friends with theft of silver removed with attempts to be sold. I do understand how a gas card could be stolen and not detected right away. My father owned a business where he lent me one of the gas cards while I was at university. The card is paid monthly along with other operational costs. It most likely wasn't detected until it came up for renewal and was then scrutinized.

There are so many facets to Marius's sociopathic behaviors it boggles the mind. I do feel some compassion for Haakon, perhaps less so for Mette-Marit. Trying to rein in a drug addicted criminal like Marius is near impossible without committing him to a psychiatric facility or prison long term. I can see why Haakon and Mette-Marit are not commenting more than they have currently, "it is very serious". They are doing the right thing by keeping their mouths' shut and letting law enforcement and the justice system play out. I will say... what was Mette-Marit thinking taking Marius shopping. :oops:

:previous:There is so much to digest. So the adorable red house on the grounds of Skaugum is demolished, as in no longer there in the state we see it in, in the pictures? If so where has Marius been living? And, why not new aerial photos showing us the demolished house. I initially took the reports to mean that the inside of the red house was damaged i.e. "demolished", not the entire structure of the house. As for Skaugum, it has been damaged by Maurius and his friends with theft of silver removed with attempts to be sold. I do understand how a gas card could be stolen and not detected right away. My father owned a business where he lent me one of the gas cards while I was at university. The card is paid monthly along with other operational costs. It most likely wasn't detected until it came up for renewal and was then scrutinized.

There are so many facets to Marius's sociopathic behaviors it boggles the mind. I do feel some compassion for Haakon, perhaps less so for Mette-Marit. Trying to rein in a drug addicted criminal like Marius is near impossible without committing him to a psychiatric facility or prison long term. I can see why Haakon and Mette-Marit are not commenting more than they have currently, "it is very serious". They are doing the right thing by keeping their mouths' shut and letting law enforcement and the justice system play out. I will say... what was Mette-Marit thinking taking Marius shopping. :oops:
Thrashed is a more apt translation. The house is still standing but the interior has been thrashed by Marius at least once.

I am cynical, but that's probably why MM and her son went shopping in a furniture store.
At least the press is going with the benign (or sympathetic) interpretation. also proposed by some TRF members here, that Haakon and MM let Marius live in the Skaugum estate so that they could better "control him".

Maybe it is true that his behavior would be even more problematic (and dangerous to himself and others) if Marius lived alone in Oslo, but "controlling him" at Skaugum didn't quite work, did it? And, furthermore, by keeping him in the estate, the CP couple indirectly allowed possible criminal activities to take place inside a royal residence guarded by the Norwegian armed forces and police, which is quite serious at a state level.

At least the press is going with the benign (or sympathetic) interpretation. also proposed by some TRF members here, that Haakon and MM let Marius live in the Skaugum estate so that they could better "control him".

Maybe it is true that his behavior would be even more problematic (and dangerous to himself and others) if Marius lived alone in Oslo, but "controlling him" at Skaugum didn't quite work, did it? And, furthermore, by keeping him in the estate, the CP couple indirectly allowed possible criminal activities to take place inside a royal residence guarded by the Norwegian armed forces and police, which is quite serious at a state level.
I think that having more control over him was the reason why they let him stay in the pretty house on their estate. But, you are right it didn't work, which means that he is indeed "unctrollable". What I really cannot understand is the fact that the guardians of the estate, armed forces and police, didn't intervene a long time ago because his parents were helpless and unable to manage Marius. It will be very interesting to learn how such a situation could have been covered up by official personnel who are being paid by the state. The question remains if it will come to the surface at all .

I think that having more control over him was the reason why they let him stay in the pretty house on their estate. But, you are right it didn't work, which means that he is indeed "unctrollable". What I really cannot understand is the fact that the guardians of the estate, armed forces and police, didn't intervene a long time ago because his parents were helpless and unable to manage Marius. It will be very interesting to learn how such a situation could have been covered up by official personnel who are being paid by the state. The question remains if it will come to the surface at all .

I think their aim may have been to contain the behaviour, rather than control it. If these reports are true, it would have become apparent quite quickly that Marius was out of control, at least some of the time. Haakon and Mette Marit may have decided it was better to have him out of control within the estate than out in public. By keeping him close they may have been trying to avoid situations like the one we’ve seen recently; Marius going on a rampage in his own space on their property is preferable to him assaulting his girlfriend and trashing her apartment. Clearly, that strategy isn’t working now, but it may have kept a lid on his behaviour for some time.

Which is all to say, as horrible as things are now, we don’t know how much worse they could have been if Marius’s parents had left him to his own devices and not tried to provide some level of protection.

Back
Top Bottom