Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I remember the small flats I lived in during my twenties, occasionally in seedy neighborhoods, and then compare them with Marius's accommodations on the Skaugum estate I want to weep.😓

In their zeal to make sure that MM's eldest son was not made to feel less than his Royal half siblings, Haakon and MM went too far in the opposite direction and created a monster.😯

Making certain that he is well provided for is one thing, but where was the emphasis on his education and/or preparation for a career and life outside the Royal cocoon? He had too much time on his hands and now the chickens have come home to roost right on the doorsteps at Skaugum.

What a way for King Harald to be winding down the twilight years of his reign.🙁

It’s a tricky issue, though, because I would say that the potential parenting mistakes people have mentioned from the start of the thread wouldn’t usually add up to this level of dysfunction. With indulgent, passive parents who overcompensated for perceived unfairness you’d expect to get a spoiled brat with a chip on his shoulder. Someone who wouldn’t be out of place with all the other spoiled rich kids in Oslo. Maybe not a kid MM and Haakon would want to showcase to the press and public, but also not one who would provoke a full on crisis.

I still don’t think this is a case of Marius getting to this point because of parenting mistakes. I think it’s more likely that Marius has had significant issues for a long time, maybe from the time he was a child, and Haakon and Mette Marit have gotten increasingly out of their depth as time’s gone by. It’s possible the magnitude of this situation will somehow shock them into seeing a better way forward, (which might involve taking an enormous step back and letting the Norwegian justice system parent Marius for the next several years).

No one was divorced.

Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes were adults when their mother married in, not a preschooler.

Do you really believe further ostracizing a young child who then grows up with younger siblings with every privilege in the royal world would have produced a better result?
My point was not that. My point was that it is perfectly possible for royals to have stepchildren without making them members of the royal family…

Where have i said that i think Marius should be ostracized ? Marius was 3 when they married and had no stable paternal home by then. Ofcourse he should be living with his mother then ! I haven’t said anything else.

But he is 27 now (way past the age where he needs to live 100 meters from mummys doorstep), living in a big house on one of Norways few royal estates and behaves as if he is King of the underworld… Do you really think it is wrong that it is controversial for many of us ?

Living on a royal estate means you live on stately property, behind security fences and with military security protection around the clock any time you are home…. That’s a huge privilige with more luxury than even the ambassadors have ! Certainly not a human right.

My point was that it is perfectly possible for royals to have stepchildren without making them members of the royal family…
How do you propose a preschooler being raised by the CP couple with fully-royal younger siblings have been less of a “member of the royal family” than he was without it causing more problems? This isn’t Jordan. The Camilla situation is not remotely comparable.

Other people have pointed out that Marius living on the Skaugum estate as an adult may not be parental blindness or a reward for bad behavior as much as an attempt to keep him where he could be safe and reached and not have him choose the criminal underworld over his family.

First, many thanks to @LadyFinn for the links, summaries, and translations! Your hard work is allowing those of us who can't view those pages to learn the latest. Much appreciated!

The most concerning thing I read is about the Hell's Angels being at Skaugum and meeting with MM. I have to disagree with those who say some in the group might not be so bad. It's identified as an organized crime group by multiple countries. (The Netherlands even banned it entirely.) Anyone who is a member of a recognized organized crime gang is a criminal, either by committing crimes or through association.

I'm sort of at the point where it's "three strikes, you're out!" for Mette-Marit. She entered the marriage with admitted associations with drugs and criminals, including Marius' father. She associated with Jeffrey Epstein multiple times AFTER his conviction for sex-trafficking minors. Now, she's meeting with members of an international organized crime biker gang in her home. (And all that doesn't even include possibly enabling Marius.)

This certainly doesn't point to an upstanding citizen with good judgement. Nor does it speak very well of Haakon's judgement. Or the king's.

This situation is dire. I'm beginning to think that those who think Haakon will be out of the succession -- or that he and MM will have to divorce -- may be right.
When was MM’s association with Epstein? Before Marius’ birth? I’ve not read much about this :oops:

When was MM’s association with Epstein? Before Marius’ birth? I’ve not read much about this :oops:
No, she was not part of such high-profile networks before she met Haakon. She met Epstein several times between 2011 and 2013 and apologized for her lack of judgment/ignorance in 2019.

Se og Hør publishes a new clip of the conversation Marius had with the two polices. The police talks about the role to which Marius was born and has been, with her mother becoming the crown princess and about having half-siblings with the roles they have.
Se og Hør asked the police if this is a common approach in such conversations and if they want to explain the background for such jargon. Press manager Unni T. Grøndal in an email: the police has no comments.

Se og Hør about the petrol card stolen from Skaugum:
This petrol card was issued to "The Royal Court", but was used by unauthorized persons for about a year, according to Se og Hør's sources. Neither the court nor the crown prince couple discovered that the card was used by unauthorized persons.

Back
Top Bottom