Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At a press release from the Elden law firm:
Nora Haukland was interrogated for six hours by the police today about the relationship with Marius
She explained about alleged physical and psychological violence from Marius during the time they were together. She has also handed over material she has been in possession of which supplements her story.
She has explained about several alleged incidents which are said to have taken place in both public and private arenas. "In certain incidents, there have also been third parties present," the press release states.
It is currently unclear whether the police need to further question Haukland. She does not wish to publicly comment further on the matter at this time. It is important for her that the police are given peace of mind to carry out their investigation, and that it is the police who decide what happens next in the case. It has been a great emotional burden for her to explain about very personal relationships, but she also feels it as a great relief to finally be able to be open about the events during her cohabitation with Marius.

Juliane Snekkestad has already been in several hearings.
- At least one more hearing is planned, says her lawyer Petter Grødem.

Last edited:
At a press release from the Elden law firm:
Nora Haukland was interrogated for six hours by the police today about the relationship with Marius
She explained about alleged physical and psychological violence from Marius during the time they were together. She has also handed over material she has been in possession of which supplements her story.
She has explained about several alleged incidents which are said to have taken place in both public and private arenas. "In certain incidents, there have also been third parties present," the press release states.
It is currently unclear whether the police need to further question Haukland. She does not wish to publicly comment further on the matter at this time. It is important for her that the police are given peace of mind to carry out their investigation, and that it is the police who decide what happens next in the case. It has been a great emotional burden for her to explain about very personal relationships, but she also feels it as a great relief to finally be able to be open about the events during her cohabitation with Marius.

Juliane Snekkestad has already been in several hearings.
- At least one more hearing is planned, says her lawyer Petter Grødem.
Six hours of interrogation?! Wow, that's intense, especially considering that she's the alleged victim.

I am glad that the ex girlfriends are keeping strong about their statements and are not been intimidated by pressure from the outside, whoever that might be.
It is disturbing to me that the recent victim has been sighted together with the abuser driving to where? I am still confused where it happened, in her or his apartment in Oslo or in a house at Skaugum?

I am glad that the ex girlfriends are keeping strong about their statements and are not been intimidated by pressure from the outside, whoever that might be.
It is disturbing to me that the recent victim has been sighted together with the abuser driving to where? I am still confused where it happened, in her or his apartment in Oslo or in a house at Skaugum?

The photos were taken at the gate to Skaugum.

It's reassuring to learn that at least Haukland has submitted evidence and have witnesses. And considering for how short a time they appear to have been together, the relationship must have been pretty tumultuous.
Because I'd imagine Marius defense attorney would focus on evidence,
Why didn't you report him?
Why didn't you leave him?
Where there witnesses?
Did you get treatment?
Are any injuries documented?

As for the third victim. Even if the police decided to go ahead, there wouldn't be that much of a case if she does not cooperate and even less if she actively downplays what happened. Let alone decide to shoulder some of the blame herself. Such things are common with domestic abuse.

And we may hope, for the peace of mind of these three victims that we now know of, and potential future victims in particular, that this ends in a trial.
Because I fear that only be being publicly shamed will this result in something "being done" about Marius. Unfortunately by now I have few illusions or hopes left for Marius. I don't think he is really interested in therapy, but after such a trial he could be sentenced and pressured into some sort of therapy.
And at least future girlfriends will be warned warned, because this will be the trial of the year in Norway and everybody breathing will learn the details of what went on in these relationships. And as such friends, family and everybody else around Marius may keep an eye on any future relationship he will have and hopefully be able to intervene.

I wrote in a previous post that best thing would be for Marius to plead guilty to everything. I still think so but until there are two Thurdays in a week, he won't.
I think the last hope for Marius, and by extension the NRF in this mess is Ingrid. Perhaps she can reach him.
A younger brother in the shape of Magnus, not so much. But a younger sister he clearly try to "protect" in whatever way that is and probably appreciate being a role-model for, she might get to him.

And we may hope, for the peace of mind of these three victims that we now know of, and potential future victims in particular, that this ends in a trial.
Because I fear that only be being publicly shamed will this result in something "being done" about Marius. Unfortunately by now I have few illusions or hopes left for Marius. I don't think he is really interested in therapy, but after such a trial he could be sentenced and pressured into some sort of therapy.
And at least future girlfriends will be warned warned, because this will be the trial of the year in Norway and everybody breathing will learn the details of what went on in these relationships. And as such friends, family and everybody else around Marius may keep an eye on any future relationship he will have and hopefully be able to intervene.

Yes, and now the Norwegians also know that Marius was fined for cocaine use already when he was 20 years old in 2017. So he has used drugs for a long time.

In addition to sighted together driving around Skaugum it was reported that they met multiple times at the apartment.

I wrote in a previous post that best thing would be for Marius to plead guilty to everything. I still think so but until there are two Thurdays in a week, he won't.
I think the last hope for Marius, and by extension the NRF in this mess is Ingrid. Perhaps she can reach him.
A younger brother in the shape of Magnus, not so much. But a younger sister he clearly try to "protect" in whatever way that is and probably appreciate being a role-model for, she might get to him.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel that Ingrid would have a better chance of getting through to him than Magnus would?

The questioning is Marius canceled today, but is planned to be carried out during next week. The reason is that his lawyer is prevented from appearing today.
This is confirmed by police prosecutor Henriette Taxt Røstadli to NRK.

The king's staff are criticized again, but the royal house experts have divided opinions about the handling of the Marius case.

Juliane Snekkestad finished her interrogation on Thursday afternoon after 2.5 hours. She has been questioned by the police in recent days.
- She has answered questions that the police have asked her and she intends to continue doing so. The police have several questions. There will be another hearing next week, but it is not yet clear exactly when, says her assistance lawyer Petter J. Grødem.

Grødem says Juliane is in a demanding situation.
- It is clear that it is burdensome, and a demanding case to stand in. There is tremendous pressure and a great deal of media pressure, but she wants to get her story out and prevent this from happening again. She stands upright in this, says Grødem.

Grødem was asked how Juliane felt that Marius' interrogation was postponed?
- It is clear that it is a burden to wait to see how he reacts to this matter. We had expectations, or hopes, of knowing something more today. I understand that it became difficult if his lawyer could not attend, but it is clear that it is an additional burden.

Police log: Patrol made contact with Marius Borg Høiby 33 minutes before he was arrested
NRK has been given access to excerpts from the assignment log for the police, which shows what happened on the day Høiby was arrested.

Hats off to Julianne and Nora for their bravery and courage. I cannot fathom how incredibly difficult it was having endure hours and hours of interrogation and having to basically re-live the trauma and abuse.

These women are to be commended.👏🏾👏🏾

Is also refers to the victim as his girlfriend. But I've seen her being referred to in the press as his ex-girlfriend.
Does that mean the press was wrong?
That Marius continue to consider her his girlfriend, even though she is not?
That the break is very recent indeed. So recent that Marius out of habit - or hope - refer to her as his girlfriend?

Rereading news from this case, one thing which strikes me as odd is the latest victim's lawyer actually (unless I have missed a statement, which is quite possible) does not seem to have categorically stated that her client and Marius Borg Høiby are no longer in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Instead, she has said that she (the lawyer) does not perceive that they are still in a relationship and that her client has not given her any information that they are still in a relationship.

So (unless I have missed a statement), was the lawyer unable or unwilling at that stage to explicitly ask her client about the status of the relationship (is it possible that the lawyer thought it might traumatize her client to ask her direct questions about Marius?), or was the victim unable or unwilling at that stage to give her lawyer a definitive answer about whether the relationship was permanently ended (it would be understandable if she did not want to make any major decisions while still recovering from trauma, and it might explain the ongoing contact, which the lawyer acknowledged long before the Skaugum photographs were published)?

The questioning is Marius canceled today, but is planned to be carried out during next week. The reason is that his lawyer is prevented from appearing today.
This is confirmed by police prosecutor Henriette Taxt Røstadli to NRK.

I assume that either his lawyer had an emergency or something important happened beind the scenes?

Out of curiosity, why do you feel that Ingrid would have a better chance of getting through to him than Magnus would?
Because IMO Marius has a macho-mindset.
I believe Marius see himself as an alpha male and as such he will be disinclined to listen to advise, especially from people he do not see as alpha males, let alone if he has no respect for whoever it is. While he may be very fond of Magnus, I doubt very much he would listen to advise or appeals from Magnus. Marius is the older brother. The big strong brother. Magnus is the younger, little brother. Forget it, won't happen.
But a younger sister, he is likely very fond of and has by all accounts a good relationship and whom he see as his duty to protect, support and advise, that's another matter. Ingrid is not threat to his alpha male position. She can't be, she's a younger girl. He can be caring and kind towards Ingrid all day without that being seen as a weakness.
And Ingrid has one argument that might reach him: What if it was my boyfriend who did what you did, but to me? I.e. using his macho-protective thinking against him.
And losing Ingrid's respect and probably making her upset and disappointed in him, might also reach him.
Because I think Marius has a big need for being respected and looked up to. After all, what else, but being a caring and protective older brother, has he accomplished that would make anyone admire and respect him?
Rereading news from this case, one thing which strikes me as odd is the latest victim's lawyer actually (unless I have missed a statement, which is quite possible) does not seem to have categorically stated that her client and Marius Borg Høiby are no longer in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Instead, she has said that she (the lawyer) does not perceive that they are still in a relationship and that her client has not given her any information that they are still in a relationship.

So (unless I have missed a statement), was the lawyer unable or unwilling at that stage to explicitly ask her client about the status of the relationship (is it possible that the lawyer thought it might traumatize her client to ask her direct questions about Marius?), or was the victim unable or unwilling at that stage to give her lawyer a definitive answer about whether the relationship was permanently ended (it would be understandable if she did not want to make any major decisions while still recovering from trauma, and it might explain the ongoing contact, which the lawyer acknowledged long before the Skaugum photographs were published)?

I assume that either his lawyer had an emergency or something important happened beind the scenes?
As I understand it the third victim broke up as a result of of this incident, so it was an ongoing process while the lawyer gave her statement, so it's no wonder her statement was a little guarded.
If the victim exclaimed: I'm done with him! He's out! - or I've broken up with him.
Then of course it is the understanding of the lawyer that the relationship is over.
The lawyer has to relate to what her client tells her, not what she suspects, fear or believe personally.

So while the statement is a little guarded, I reading it was not in doubt at all as to the relationship having ended. It's by no means an uncommon way of phrasing it. It's phrased in a way I might use myself about something I'm 99% certain of.
- So it's my perception that Marius was abusive towards this third victim. I can't say it with 100 % certainty, but I'm very sure.
You get my point?

:previous: Thank you for the explanation. It would make sense and hopefully, for the good of the parties involved, you are right about Marius's relationship with his only sister.

I think everyone (including the latest victim, both lawyers and Marius Borg Høiby himself) has acknowledged that Marius was abusive to his latest girlfriend; that is not in doubt. What I commented on was the lawyer's guarded language on the subject of whether they were still in a relationship. As you say, if the victim's decisionmaking was an ongoing process, that would be good reason for her lawyer not to be too definitive at that stage.

Because IMO Marius has a macho-mindset.
I believe Marius see himself as an alpha male and as such he will be disinclined to listen to advise, especially from people he do not see as alpha males, let alone if he has no respect for whoever it is. While he may be very fond of Magnus, I doubt very much he would listen to advise or appeals from Magnus. Marius is the older brother. The big strong brother. Magnus is the younger, little brother. Forget it, won't happen.
But a younger sister, he is likely very fond of and has by all accounts a good relationship and whom he see as his duty to protect, support and advise, that's another matter. Ingrid is not threat to his alpha male position. She can't be, she's a younger girl. He can be caring and kind towards Ingrid all day without that being seen as a weakness.
And Ingrid has one argument that might reach him: What if it was my boyfriend who did what you did, but to me? I.e. using his macho-protective thinking against him.
And losing Ingrid's respect and probably making her upset and disappointed in him, might also reach him.
Because I think Marius has a big need for being respected and looked up to. After all, what else, but being a caring and protective older brother, has he accomplished that would make anyone admire and respect him?
He has some pretty powerful alpha males in his life, with the king, the crown prince, and his own father. I wonder if any of them has any influence over him.

Marius seems to be reckless and arrogant:
In October 2023 Marius posted a video on Instagram where he was seen driving at 91 km/h on Skaugum.
"There was a guard who was about to smoke", he wrote in the post, followed by a laughing emoji.
The police received a report about the incident on 26 October 2023. Four days later, the case was dismissed based on the state of the evidence, documents VG has seen show.
The police received a tip about the rough driving via the internet patrol Sør-Vest's Facebook account.
The documents don't tell whether Marius was questioned by the police.

He has some pretty powerful alpha males in his life, with the king, the crown prince, and his own father. I wonder if any of them has any influence over him.
I don't know about his father. I don't think Marius respect Haakon at all.
First of all Haakon is not his father, so he should just mind his own business. And now that Marius is an adult Haakon absolutely should mind his own business!
We don't know the family dynamics within the CP family, Perhaps Haakon does not assert himself enough in the eyes of Marius. Perhaps Mette-Marit really is the one who has the final word in the family. Something Marius would probably see as weakness.
I don't think that the concept of a soft man with soft values and a soft approach is something Marius respect nor understand.
I suspect that Marius believe that the ideal family man sits at the head of the table and has the final word. Basta! Something I'm sure Haakon, being a modern man, does not do.

And as for King Harald, I imagine Marius see him as nice and kind as a grandfather should be but also old and weak. A king should rule not reign.

I think that would fit with a macho mindset.

It is my impression that many children who have been over-indulged often yearn for a firm hand. And when they grow up they try to be firm but having no real experience in how to be firm but loving and caring they go to the other extreme.

I don't know. Perhaps Marius is simply by nature an entitled and selfish little b*st*rd with next to no empathy for anyone else and who is simply good at manipulating people around him, so he's gotten away with way too much for way too long.
Love him or whip him, it would make no difference, he'd still be a rotten apple.

Let's just hope that whatever personality Marius has, it can be treated.

Haakon is a lot of nice things, an alpha male I don’t think he is.
I'm not so sure about the 'alpha male' theory. Everything about Marius screams that he takes his stances out of insecurity, which is the opposite. Furthermore, we still don't have any evidence of him getting into fights with other males (pretty much another prerequisite); just being violent against women. I don't know what Morten Borg is like but I'm really not sure he would have been better off growing up with someone like King Olav as opposed to Haakon and Harald.

Marius honestly just seems to be entitled, unpleasant, deeply insecure, violent, (whatever other things he deals with)... and someone who (hopefully) respects his sister and is still willing to confide in and listen to her. Maybe a tad macho, and disrespectful of people and society generally, but that's not an alpha male. Pretty mixed-up.

I don't know about his father. I don't think Marius respect Haakon at all.
First of all Haakon is not his father, so he should just mind his own business. And now that Marius is an adult Haakon absolutely should mind his own business!
We don't know the family dynamics within the CP family, Perhaps Haakon does not assert himself enough in the eyes of Marius. Perhaps Mette-Marit really is the one who has the final word in the family. Something Marius would probably see as weakness.
I don't think that the concept of a soft man with soft values and a soft approach is something Marius respect nor understand.
I suspect that Marius believe that the ideal family man sits at the head of the table and has the final word. Basta! Something I'm sure Haakon, being a modern man, does not do.

And as for King Harald, I imagine Marius see him as nice and kind as a grandfather should be but also old and weak. A king should rule not reign.

I think that would fit with a macho mindset.

It is my impression that many children who have been over-indulged often yearn for a firm hand. And when they grow up they try to be firm but having no real experience in how to be firm but loving and caring they go to the other extreme.

I don't know. Perhaps Marius is simply by nature an entitled and selfish little b*st*rd with next to no empathy for anyone else and who is simply good at manipulating people around him, so he's gotten away with way too much for way too long.
Love him or whip him, it would make no difference, he'd still be a rotten apple.

Let's just hope that whatever personality Marius has, it can be treated.
It sounds like a stint in the military -- or at military school -- would have done that boy a world of good!

I was reading a (Google translated) article from TV2 that describes Martin Borg as having "previously been convicted of violence, serious drug offenses and drink-driving" and for cocaine possession. Fra slottsbalkongen til glattcella - her er «lille Marius» sitt liv i søkelyset

He may have been more a role model for Marius than anyone knew.

I'm not so sure about the 'alpha male' theory. Everything about Marius screams that he takes his stances out of insecurity, which is the opposite. Furthermore, we still don't have any evidence of him getting into fights with other males (pretty much another prerequisite); just being violent against women. I don't know what Morten Borg is like but I'm really not sure he would have been better off growing up with someone like King Olav as opposed to Haakon and Harald.

Marius honestly just seems to be entitled, unpleasant, deeply insecure, violent, (whatever other things he deals with)... and someone who (hopefully) respects his sister and is still willing to confide in and listen to her. Maybe a tad macho, and disrespectful of people and society generally, but that's not an alpha male. Pretty mixed-up.
Macho behavior IMO is usually based in insecurity and a feeling of in-adequateness. It's a compensation.

I somehow doubt that the norwegian armed forces would want to have a convicted 27 year old with well known and untreated anger issues, and drug and alcohol dependency among them handling loaded guns… He would be like a loose cannon

I honestly don’t know what the best way of treating him would be… It’s tempting to ”put him in his place”, but it rarely helps if he already has no respect for anyone ”above him” and has shown several times that he is ready to go as long as he feels he needs to prove that…

A possible first step would be for a psychiatrist to investigate how willing Marius really is to break his addictions and behaviour…

Then the second step would be to help him leave the social circles where he has been for several years and wich has helped him retain and continuing his self-harming lifestyle and behaviour… And that’s an incredibly hard task that only those who are really really determined and resilient succeeds in…. My gut feeling says Marius isn’t even close to be there yet

But most importantly he needs to face the legal consequences of what he has done… And that’s why it is so important that these women do not drop the charges or stop cooperating with the police… A closed case without punishment always gives a feeling of ”puuhhh i got away lightly yay” and that wouldn’t really benefit anyone in this case… Least of all Marius himself

That he is violent against women, tell me, that he had/has a problem deep inside with his mother, the first and most important woman in his life. Maybe it was much more trouble for him, that his mother married the crownprince, he had never again so much time with her, never was the same, than he had got the halfsiblings, who were more important in the family and for Norway.

Lawyer Mette Yvonne Larsen confirmed to Aftenposten, that the third and latest victim was questioned by the police on Thursday evening.
She was questioned for three hours at the police station and, according to Larsen, the questioning will continue at a later date.

The charge against the crown princess's son, Marius Borg Høiby, has been extended to include threats, on the basis of telephone conversations between the 27-year-old and the victim on August 4, reports Aftenposten.
- Høiby has not taken a position on the new charge. I can't say anything about it until he does. It will happen in an upcoming hearing, says Høiby's defender, Øyvind Bratlien, to Aftenposten.

Now Marius Borg Høiby (27) is charged with violence, damage and threats against his then girlfriend.

Last edited:
More trouble for Marius:
At half past one on Friday, the police issued a press release about the case. They informed that Høiby has also been reported for having stolen a scooter.
- On 7 August 2024, Borg Høiby was reported for utility theft of a scooter. The case is being investigated as illegal possession of movable property.
There is a different person offended in the scooter case than in the other cases. They say in the press release that there is great interest in the case, and that they therefore have the choice to inform about the report.
Mette Yvonne Larsen confirms that the charge of threats comes on the basis of the telephone conversations between the Høiby and the woman. Larsen was in a three-hour-long interrogation with her client on Thursday.
She says that the victim explained the case in detail.
- The questioning was ended because it was getting late. She will return and continue the questioning on a later occasion.

What an earth is Marius doing? After the violence on 4 August, he does this.

There has been many columns and articles in Norwegian media about how the media is handling this case. Some experts think the media should not reveal every detail of it, some disagree.
At this column among other things:
It's not new that Høiby has had a lifestyle that stretched boundaries. It's also not new that he has had acquaintances with a lifestyle that there are even more reasons to question. Tips, photos and other information have trickled into the editors over time.
Nevertheless, even though the media knew a lot, his lifestyle and social circle were only exceptionally mentioned. It took a criminal case for it to become a national news story. And even then, at least initially, it was not a case that the son of the crown princess has a lifestyle with self-destructive tendencies. Speaking publicly about drug use, psychological challenges and other problems was something Høiby himself (perhaps with the help of some advisers) chose to do.
I think that the Norwegian press has to a large extent judged correctly when they have chosen to hold back until now.

Last edited:
Honestly, I dont want to know what has been covered up in the past, and I strongly believe if that night the police had not been involved, forced to file charges, there is a big chance all of this would have been swept under some carpet, the victim being mollyfied by Marius or his mother.
It really gives me bad vibes about MM (not that I did not have them before but that is for another thread), that she let her son floating around like this, I am repeating myself. Unbelievable. The only one I am sorry for is the victim (plus the other women coming forward now, bravo to them), but MM and the rest of the NRF deserve every bit of the sh*itshorm that is now going on against them. Their silence (not only in this matter but also in the ML farce of a wedding that was sold to Hello/Hola) tells me they are like deer caught in the headlights and have no clue what to do.

Honestly, I dont want to know what has been covered up in the past, and I strongly believe if that night the police had not been involved, forced to file charges, there is a big chance all of this would have been swept under some carpet, the victim being mollyfied by Marius or his mother.
It really gives me bad vibes about MM (not that I did not have them before but that is for another thread), that she let her son floating around like this, I am repeating myself. Unbelievable. The only one I am sorry for is the victim (plus the other women coming forward now, bravo to them), but MM and the rest of the NRF deserve every bit of the sh*itshorm that is now going on against them. Their silence (not only in this matter but also in the ML farce of a wedding that was sold to Hello/Hola) tells me they are like deer caught in the headlights and have no clue what to do.
I hate to say it but MM also always gave me the impression she'd do anything for Marius, except straighten him out. All speculation of course but when I heard she talked to the victim, I could only assume it was to try to "fix" things for her son or defend him, which is what she has a history of doing.
It's abhorrent that it reached this stage of Marius having victimized 3 women. Was the family really so blind? How much cover up have they done for him in the past, on this matter, his drug use, and god forbid, other bad behavior?

I hate to say it but MM also always gave me the impression she'd do anything for Marius, except straighten him out. All speculation of course but when I heard she talked to the victim, I could only assume it was to try to "fix" things for her son or defend him, which is what she has a history of doing.
It's abhorrent that it reached this stage of Marius having victimized 3 women. Was the family really so blind? How much cover up have they done for him in the past, on this matter, his drug use, and god forbid, other bad behavior?

Yes, this makes also me thinking about how much cover up has been done for Marius.

Royal expert Tove Taalesen is shocked by the latest information in the case, and believes this shows a man who is completely out of control. This is a great personal crisis and tragedy. Not just for him, but also for his family.
Taalesen believes Marius has been out of control for a long time, and that it is only now that the truth is coming out. But she is still surprised by the new turn of events and this is a very sad case, and she expects further information to come out in the case. This must be absolutely terrible for the whole family. The royal couple is also drawn into this family crisis which is completely out of control. Taalesen is happy that the truth is coming out, and this shows that the vast majority of families have problems, including the royal family.

Yes, many families have problems, but not like this though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom