King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I only have the impression that the Queen doesn't have as many official appearances as before or is it true ??

I don't think she has a lot but I don't think that's anything very new. I don't think she's had all that many for at least a couple years now.

Last edited:
Queen Sonja does look very smart here in her charcoal grey suit and turquoise green blouse. Not certain if I like the thick black hose but then again it is very cold in Oslo at the moment. She still looks lovely though.

King Harald watched the women 10km and men 12,5km pursuit World Cup Biathlon event at the Holmenkollen Ski Arena in Oslo, February 4, 2012.
Here he congratulates German winner Magdalena Neuner: Picture

Last edited:
King Harald has always been interested in sporting events, hasn't he?

King Harald has been at the Holmenkollen Ski Arena in Oslo today again to watch the women and men mass start.
kongehuset.no - Skiskyting i Kollen
Google Translation
German Magdalena Neuner and Norwegian Emil Hegle Svendsen received the Holmenkollen medal today. The medal is awarded to athletes who have achieved outstanding results over several years and are an outstanding representative of their sport. Holmenkollen medal is the highest honor awarded for sports performance skiing in Norway. The medal has been awarded since 1895, but only since 2011 also the athletes in biathlon are candidates for this award.

more pictures from the weekend
http://svenskdam.se/2012/02/kung-harald-tittade-pa-skidtavling/

Last edited:
About the King and Queen's 75th birthday this year: there will be the possibility to congratulate them on their birthday (King Harald: February 21, Queen Sonja: July 4) by signing directly at the castle or electronically via internet on Kongehuset.no.
There will be no public celebration of the King's 75th birthday on February 21. Instead, the King and Queen's anniversary is celebrated together on May 31.
kongehuset.no - Gratulasjonsprotokoll
Google Translation

Mmemorial ceremony at Evenes Airbase

18.03.2012 - Cold Response - His Majesty The King attends the military exercise Cold Response (Troms 18 - 19 March).

18.03.2012 - Memorial ceremony - H.M. The King attends the memorial ceremony at Evenes Airbase after the plane crash at Kebnekaise. (1 pm)

This will be broadcast by NRK1 and nrk.no from 13.00 on Sunday 18 Mar

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: You are so right, Google changed it to Glasgow and I just copied the headline. Sorry. I changed the original post.

King Harald granted representatives of the National Rifle Association of Norway (DFS) audience on March 5, 2012, to talk about the status and work of the DFS. The DFS is a patronage of King Harald.
"The King was clearly well-informed about our activities, and expressed great appreciation for the activity in the DFS. We had originally only 15 minutes, but the king's interest was so great that the time was stretched a few minutes", says President of the DFS Vaaje stressing that it is a great honor on behalf of DFS to be allowed to meet King Harald at the Palace.
På audiens hos H.M. Kong Harald - DFS
Google Translation

Today, March 23, King Harald gave three reporters of the Åkersposten newspaper an interview. The newspaper turns 15 years and asked the King for a meeting and an interview.
Jubileumsmøte med Kongen - Hamar Arbeiderblad
Google Translation
The three reporters were received in the best manner, and they met a happy and interested King Harald. "He interviewed us before we managed to get on with our questions", they said after the meeting.
Kongebesøk og ministerskifte - Hamar Arbeiderblad
Google Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom