King Felipe's Current Events 5, May 2022-June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speech by King Felipe VI on the occasion of the 375th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the Kingdoms of the Netherlands and Spain.

King Felipe attended a celebration marking the Cinco Dias economic newspaper's 45th anniversary in Madrid today, June 13:

** rex gallery ** casareal **

Last edited:
King Felipe and King Willem-Alexander presided over the institutional act of presenting the first green hydrogen maritime corridor between the ports of Algeciras and Rotterdam today, June 14:

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal **

Last edited:
I wonder if King Willem-Alexander's ancestor Prince Willem I of Orange (who revolted against the Spanish crown) and King Felipe VI's ancestor King Felipe II of Spain (who put a bounty on Willem's head) would find it touching to see their descendants and heirs performing joint royal duties...

I wonder if King Willem-Alexander's ancestor Prince Willem I of Orange (who revolted against the Spanish crown) and King Felipe VI's ancestor King Felipe II of Spain (who put a bounty on Willem's head) would find it touching to see their descendants and heirs performing joint royal duties...
I think William would have minded it less than Felipe. William of Orange was more pragmatic, as opposed to the more dogmatic Felipe. At least that is how we Dutch are told in historyclasses. I don't know how the Spanish view this period and their king.

Both King Willem-Alexander and his mother Beatrix have both enjoyed a warm friendship with the Spanish kings ,Felipe VI and Juan Carlos I.

Today, June 15, King Felipe received members of the jury of the "June 15 Award", of the citizen initiative "España juntos sumamos (EJS)":

Later he attended the International Journalism Awards in Madrid:

** rex gallery ** casareal **

Last edited:

I doubt they think about this nowadays.

Last edited:

Elizabeth I of England famously did not get along any better with the same Felipe and yet everyone, including the participants, seemed pleased when the next Elizabeth last hosted the current Felipe.

Fun facts :
1. King Felipe VI of Spain is a descendant of Willem I of Orange (multiple ways, more than 5 ways).
2. King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands is a descendant of Felipe II of Spain's uncle (Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor).

King Felipe received the National Soccer Team, champions of the "UEFA Nations League 2022/2023", today, June 19:

Later he received King Abdullah and Prince Hashem:

** casareal **

In the evening King Felipe and King Abdullah attended a dinner for the ''Aqaba'' event in Cordoba:

Last edited:
Today, June 21, King Felipe attended the closing ceremony of the General Staff Course of the Higher School of the Armed Forces and he received participants of the Young Ibero-American Leaders Programme of the Carolina Foundation.

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal 1 ** casareal 2 **

Last edited:
King Felipe presided over the act of delivery of the "Medal of the Congress of Deputies" to the former presidents of the Chamber today, June 22:

** casareal **

King Felipe receive the IX “Alberto Jiménez Becerril Anti-Terrorism Award”, in recognition of his support for the victims of terrorism during a ceremony in Seville today, June 23:

** casareal photos ** casareal **

Last edited:
My attention is drawn to the spectacular tapestry behind them and wonder how impressive the original colors were when it was created. I wish it was restored!

My attention is drawn to the spectacular tapestry behind them and wonder how impressive the original colors were when it was created. I wish it was restored!

There are some really beautiful paintings and tapestry at Zarzuela but sadly the woodwork and panelling is too dark and gloomy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom