King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 33: January 27, 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what she is wearing, lovely thoub. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
great photos, but why hamza is not with them ?? I just saw Ali, faisal and the other prince I don't know what is his name :D

great photos, but why hamza is not with them ?? I just saw Ali, faisal and the other prince I don't know what is his name :D
ghazi , rashed & raad :)

King starts U.K. trip
Amman, Nov 10 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II will Thursday start a working visit to the United Kingdom UK to meet with Queen Elizabeth, and Crown Prince Charles, and hold talks with senior British officials on bilateral relations and ways to develop them in various areas, in addition to political developments on the Arab and international levels.

It looks like orange juice in the glasses and sparkling mineral water in the bottles.

LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 15: British Prime Minister David Cameron welcomes King Abdullah of Jordan to 10 Downing Street on November 15, 2011 in London, England. His Majesty King Abdullah, who is currently on an official visit to the UK will meet Mr Cameron to discuss developments in the Arab region, and the continued efforts to sustain peace in the Middle East. The King will also meet with Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles to discuss the relations between the UK and Jordan.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03DE25X4wD0pR/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08Tq1gb8zdciH/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02i7e2E3qg1Gq/610x.jpg

Britain's Queen Elizabeth speaks to King Abdullah of Jordan during an audience at Buckingham Palace in central London November 15, 2011. Photograph taken on November 15, 2011.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09PsgNXerO9EH/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/027I5Xp4t7cWp/610x.jpg

This is too bad, King Hussein's hugest mistake was thrusting Abdullah to this position, King abdullah has Zero experience in this field, he is not sophisticated AT ALL, Rania is much smarter than him and I won't be surprised if she is the one who is running Jordan. This is too bad. King Hussein should had chosen the smartest of his kids to take over, and for sure the smartest won't be Abdullah.

I think he was just saying his opinion actually it's hard to believe that those men in power would step down easily but at least King Abdullah attitude toward the unrest was smarter than the one of Bachar IMO.

Shrifia, I agree with you that he was just saying his opinion, but I believe that a smart king should never ever say his opinion. Why? because he is going to create a problems. Tell me what will happen if the situation in Syria gets better, then Bashar will remember what Abdullah said about him. this is the first thing. the second thing is abdulla should not ask anybody to leave his position or even say if I were him I would do this, because as we saw in the news there were some revolutions going on in Jordan SO I don't think so that abdulla will leave his position. I hope I made my point clear enough :). this case is very sensitive but unfortunately he is not handling the issues right. I don't believe in his leadership skills.

I don't believe that King Hussein liked what Saddam Hussein used to do with his sons in law or his people, but king hussein is the smartest person ever, he would not say anything and he would not interfere and if he would say anything, he would say something that will not impact him in any negative way later on no matter how the situation goes. as a leader to a country you need to understand what is going on and be shrewd and be neutral.

Last edited:
he makes some good points in the video but relays them very poorly, it is painfully obvious that he struggles with unscripted answers

well for me I see the King very kind and straight forward with lack of political charisma but also Bashar al assad has done mistakes and lacks experience for both were not prepared for this position !

A smart King will never create and enemies, by saying what he just said in that video, he created an enemy. A lack of Political experience and not smart unscripted answers at all.

I am not defending Bashar at all, but I was not expected an answer like the King's answer, great lack of politics experience will get Jordan into troubles.

Last edited:
well in this statement in particular he was brave enough but I am not with those who wanted to deny what he said later ;he must show that Jordan is strong enough and not fearing Syria's threatens !

well in this statement in particular he was brave enough but I am not with those who wanted to deny what he said later ;he must show that Jordan is strong enough and not fearing Syria's threatens !

I don't agree with you on this point xavi83. In this statement he showed how much he is not a good person for this position, to show that Jordan is not fearing Syria's threatens he should say, " as a neighbor we are not fearing the threatens, and we will help the Syrian with their situation, and Bashar has to do something to end this massacre and we will be there for our brothers and sisters in Syria" or he could say anything else that would keep him in a safe side, without mentioning and saying " If I were him I would leave my position". Is he gonna accept that if somebody else have said it to him?!?!

Xavi83 you will understand me on this because you are an Arab, you know that we are Arabs and you know how Arabs think, you know that they will do anything to keep the power and the authority they have. Now if Bashar had nothing against Jordan in the past, believe me after this foolish unscripted answer from Abdullah, Bashar will have for sure something against Jordan. So Sad.

well the king is western thinking and he sees the Arab revolutions are changing the ideas and that we are on the time that he can express his opinion like that cause people are not the same but I agree with what you said but as mentioned the young generations were not prepared and I believe they treated their countries and people like own states ..

Xavi83, I believe it has nothing to do with his thinking, shrewdness is innate. if you are not smart then you are smart. I am not talking about revolutions, and I agree with you when you said he can express his opinion that if he is a regular man not a king.

A smart king should not speak out his mind, a smart king should save himself and his country and never create enemies by saying anything against anybody.

It's very sensitive, specially for a country like Jordan who gets help from a lot of other countries, and maybe Syria was one of these countries.

well may be he has something that made him that assure about bashar destiny ! if this happens it will be of his side , and about the help from Syria this is not true our relations is as before except it is not in the media

xavi83, you did not get my point, I don't care if there is something made him assure about bashar's destiny, I don't care about the revolutions, I don't care about the help from any other country. what I care about is his unscripted, foolish answers, that will drive Jordan to hell. An advice for the king, he should step away and give this position to one of his brothers, anyone smarter than him and could lead the country otherwise he is gonna lose Jordan. or he should name Rania as king and he can be a queen. :D

xavi83, you did not get my point, I don't care if there is something made him assure about bashar's destiny, I don't care about the revolutions, I don't care about the help from any other country. what I care about is his unscripted, foolish answers, that will drive Jordan to hell. An advice for the king, he should step away and give this position to one of his brothers, anyone smarter than him and could lead the country otherwise he is gonna lose Jordan. or he should name Rania as king and he can be a queen. :D

absolutely agree..thank u!

Life84, I dont know why you are surprised about KA`s speech? If you are following Jor-Syrian relations you will realize that Syria has never been a good friend or Neighbor for Jordan even during King Hussein & Hafez Alassad`s years. Even if things move forward in Syria, as you said, the Syrians will never forget all violence inflicted against them in the era of Assad's, Father & Son. So i think that KA was logical in his call for Syrian president to step down. Also i cant understand why you are always linking or comparing KA`s Decisions to QR?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom