Introductory/State Visits to Sweden, Norway, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Germany: 2024, 2025

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really enjoyed following this state visit. Thank you to everyone who updated and shared the photos, links to sites, and gave insight to all things Greenland and Denmark.
It was a great visit but not a state visit. A head of state cannot go on a state visit to his own country.

In extension of the early summer state visits to Sweden and Norway, The King and The Queen continue the travel to Denmark’s neighbouring countries until October. Thus, the days of 21-22 October, The King and The Queen will make accession-related visits in the German capital Berlin and with the Danish minority in Schleswig-Holstein. Denmark and Germany are closely linked through strong cooperation across the border when it comes to trade, green transformation and security policy.
More information: TM The King and The Queen go on accession-related visits in Germany 21-22 October 2024

A visit to Germany, wow. Frederik and Mary can't be accuse of taking it slow their first year as King and Queen.

part of their visit will be a joint Nordic celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Nordic embassy complex in the German capital. Victoria and Daniel have already annouced they will be attending.

A visit to Germany, wow. Frederik and Mary can't be accuse of taking it slow their first year as King and Queen.

part of their visit will be a joint Nordic celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Nordic embassy complex in the German capital. Victoria and Daniel have already annouced they will be attending.
I agree! Only 9-10 months into their first year as the royal couple and it has been non-stop (..)

So, this is more of an official visit it sounds like which includes the Nordic Embassy anniversary celebration. Looking forward to this trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the German president visit Denmark, something that don't happens since 2002, when Johannes Rau visited the country, or am I wrong, please?

I remember when the embassy complex was opened 25 years ago.
Of course there were a lot of embassies, consulates, ministries and what not moving from Bonn to Berlin after the Reunification. Many former East German ministries and similar buildings simply weren't big enough.
In all that the Scandinavian countries decided: Let's be practical. We'll build a whole complex that would serve as both embassy but also a culture/show-case for Scandinavia - and share the costs.

Of course there were a lot of embassies, consulates, ministries and what not moving from Bonn to Berlin after the Reunification. Many former East German ministries and similar buildings simply weren't big enough.
In all that the Scandinavian countries decided: Let's be practical. We'll build a whole complex that would serve as both embassy but also a culture/show-case for Scandinavia - and share the costs.

It's hard to believe 1999 was 25 years ago 😯 wow.
This just makes sense, an embassy for all Scandinavian. Efficient and the collaborations can be great.

"In 1999, King Frederik's mother, Queen Margrethe, inaugurated the same embassy complex.
- Separately and yet together, said the Queen at the inauguration in Berlin."

More on the visit,
"It is huge news. The Danish minority has always had a close bond with the Royal Family, and we remember with great pleasure when HM Queen Margrethe II visited us in 2019. We are very much looking forward to the fact that we will now have the opportunity to meet the Royal Couple and that we can show them how the Danish-minded in South Schleswig hold fast to and cultivate Danish language, culture and identity here in the region where it has historically always belonged. The visit will undoubtedly strengthen the bond between us and Denmark", says SSF chairman Gitte Hougaard-Werner.

I thought it was the Nordic countries who got together, not just the Scandinavian?

I thought it was the Nordic countries who got together, not just the Scandinavian?
Yes, the Nordic countries. Therefore the Presidents of Iceland and Finland will also attend the 25th jubilee of the Nordic embassy complex.

Back
Top Bottom