Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the Blue with yellow/gold?

LaRae

Much prefer to see him in the black uniform. That will look so sharp!

LaRae

I doubt we will see him in anything but black. It is tradition, not just for the heir, that they wear the senior most uniform. I don't see Harry breaking with that tradition.

Even with William’s wedding The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Kent wore their Guards uniforms and The Prince of Wales wore his navy uniform.

Who was the last royal other than William who had a choice of uniform?

Charles was Colonel of The Welsh Guards but married in his RN uniform.

Last edited:
Good point. :flowers: Maybe Harry will have major input in that regard. Americans tend not to have gaggles of children attendants at weddings, so this may be something Harry weighs in on more.

I'm wondering if there will be lots of flowers, as in noticeably lots. :flowers:
I can just imagine it, oceans of peonies, what a wonderful visual. And please, no trees as they do not belong inside a church. Actually, it's the venue that gives more scope for imagination versus 'set in stone tradition'.

As to Harry, he has more leeway in his choice of attire in that it is a "Private Wedding". Having adult bridesmaids could be a nice change. Autumn Philips chose adult bridesmaids wearing strapless green gowns. Princess Mary of Denmark had adult bridesmaids in different shades of cyclamen pink.

To me, the most elegant and serene wedding was Princess Anne's. No fussy anything.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...ettyImages-613463158/i/Princess-Anne-1973.jpg

As to Harry, he has more leeway in his choice of attire in that it is a "Private Wedding". Having adult bridesmaids could be a nice change. Autumn Philips chose adult bridesmaids wearing strapless green gowns. Princess Mary of Denmark had adult bridesmaids in different shades of cyclamen pink.

To me, the most elegant and serene wedding was Princess Anne's. No fussy anything.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...ettyImages-613463158/i/Princess-Anne-1973.jpg

I thought those strapless green dresses were hideous!
And they showed tan lines, very unattractive.

I hope Meghan won't choose anything like that.

I hate it when tan lines show, it's tacky. Use something to cover it or wear something that covers it.

LaRae

I hate it when tan lines show, it's tacky. Use something to cover it or wear something that covers it. LaRae

To those who think this way, I am startled. Really? :huh: That's a level of perfectionism (and deviation from naturalness) I could never support. Why should it matter? Truly, celebrate it! :flowers: Forget the image.

Naturalness? What makes it natural to have tan lines? It's one of the worst things you can do to your skin. It's not like they don't have other options if they feel 'too white'.

LaRae

Naturalness? What makes it natural to have tan lines? It's one of the worst things you can do to your skin. It's not like they don't have other options if they feel 'too white'. LaRae

Tanning is not about 'whiteness'. :sad: Having skin 'sun-kissed' is healthy and feels healthy: it's a sun-shower. (Doing anything to any extreme is never healthy). It is natural to be tan, and consequently natural to have tan lines. (In fact, if one lives in a sunny clime one needs to have a tan to protect the skin).

Ask any farmer, ask any gardener, ask anyone who works in the outdoors in the elements: 'tan-lines' are natural outcomes if you have a certain color of skin to begin with. That this would be a debate puzzles me. :huh:

But anyway, I would never clip a friend who might be my bridesmaid because they have tan lines. Wouldn't occur to me. And would never suggest to them that they look 'tacky'. But that's me. Clearly there are different sensibilities regarding this. I'm fine with that, just giving my pov. In peace. ❤️

Last edited:
Yes, IMO as well. Love the Blues and Royals uniform.

Even with William’s wedding The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Kent wore their Guards uniforms and The Prince of Wales wore his navy uniform.

If the Duke of Edinburgh is still wearing uniforms, I'd expect him to continue with his tradition and match whatever Harry wears as closely as possible. He seems to have matched the groom's attire whenever possible (Mark Phillips wore the uniform of the Queen's Dragoon Guards, which the Duke had no position in, so he wore his field marshal's uniform to at least match the service).

Last edited:
Tanning is not about 'whiteness'. :sad: Having skin 'sun-kissed' is healthy and feels healthy: it's a sun-shower. (Doing anything to any extreme is never healthy). It is natural to be tan, and consequently natural to have tan lines. (In fact, if one lives in a sunny clime one needs to have a tan to protect the skin).

Ask any farmer, ask any gardener, ask anyone who works in the outdoors in the elements: 'tan-lines' are natural outcomes if you have a certain color of skin to begin with. That this would be a debate puzzles me. :huh:

But anyway, I would never clip a friend who might be my bridesmaid because they have tan lines. Wouldn't occur to me. And would never suggest to them that they look 'tacky'. But that's me. Clearly there are different sensibilities regarding this. I'm fine with that, just giving my pov. In peace. ❤️

Let's just go with that idea...Meghan has a farmer and a gardener in her bridal party...they have products one can use to even out tans.

I never said anything about not having someone in the bridal party because they had tan lines. I simply think it is tacky to have exposed tan lines for something like this.

LaRae

I never said anything about not having someone in the bridal party because they had tan lines. I simply think it is tacky to have exposed tan lines for something like this.

LaRae

I agree!
Besides, there is no such thing as a healthy tan; if you have a tan, then you have skin damage, like it or not.

But my post was about those strapless green dresses. I thought they were ugly, and I hope Meghan chooses something more elegant.

Meghan may go with all junior bridesmaids and they will all look cute anyway. If she goes with adult attendants then I would hope, with her general sense of style, they are not the horror some bridesmaid dresses end up being.

LaRae

I am wondering if after the Wedding, they'll be back for Trooping the Colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry may choose to get married in his Blues and Royals uniform. The regiment he served in.

William had to wear his highest ceremonial uniform but Harry probably has more leeway

And insult the group that he recently got his position for? I cannot imagine the queen allowing such an affront. If he wasn't willing to wear that uniform he should have said so before the queen bestowed this honour on him.

Why would Prince Harry have more freedom of choice in uniform attire for a wedding than his brother William?

And insult the group that he recently got his position for? I cannot imagine the queen allowing such an affront. If he wasn't willing to wear that uniform he should have said so before the queen bestowed this honour on him.

Why would it be an affront? There is going to be plenty of opportunity for Harry to wear uniforms reflecting his honourary positions in the future. Him choosing to wear the uniform of a position that he worked to achieve in his own right shouldn't be seen as an insult to a uniform that he only holds honourarily.

Why would Prince Harry have more freedom of choice in uniform attire for a wedding than his brother William?

Harry typically has more freedom than William simply because William is the heir, while Harry is not. It's the same with Anne/Andrew/Edward compared to Charles.

:previous: Because William's wedding was a Sem-State Wedding and partially funded from the public purse and Harry's is a Private Wedding paid for by the BRF except, of course, security.

When Charles got married he wore his RN uniform. He held the rank of Commander at the time. He was also Colonel of the Welsh Guards. Colonel is higher than Commander.

I know for William’s wedding the Queen made him wear his Guards uniform. His highest rank but Harry probably has leeway. If Charles didn’t have to wear his highest rank Harry probably doesn’t have to.

When Charles got married he wore his RN uniform. He held the rank of Commander at the time. He was also Colonel of the Welsh Guards. Colonel is higher than Commander.

I know for William’s wedding the Queen made him wear his Guards uniform. His highest rank but Harry probably has leeway. If Charles didn’t have to wear his highest rank Harry probably doesn’t have to.

I've always wondered too - do we know this, or do we assume this? I've never actually seen a verifiable source saying "the Queen told William he had to wear his Guards uniform". To me it seems like William wore the uniform and him being forced to looked like a good line for a story at some point, so a reporter said it, it was repeated by other stories... and thus has become "fact". Just like it was "fact" that Pippa Middleton was going to arrive at her wedding via a horse drawn carriage - right up until she arrived in a car.

:previous:

I have no idea if it’s true. It was one of many tabloid stories about the wedding.

As with W&K it would seem H&M will have two receptions and will also have a carriage ride through Windsor. Apparently there is more wedding details dropping after the embargo ends per a few reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom