General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if it's the right place to ask this question but the family of Al Otaiba was close to the Al Nahyans so here it goes. I've been reading about the Al Otaiba family and how Mana bin Saeed Al Otaiba was close to Sheikh Zayed. One of Mana's daughters Moza is using the title sheikha on instagram, so Mana holds the title Sheikh?

The Otaiba are not Sheikhs; I can't explain why she uses that title, but it's her personal decision.

Al Dhaheri and Al Hamed/Al Qubaisi are Sheikhs.

I don't know if it's the right place to ask this question but the family of Al Otaiba was close to the Al Nahyans so here it goes. I've been reading about the Al Otaiba family and how Mana bin Saeed Al Otaiba was close to Sheikh Zayed. One of Mana's daughters Moza is using the title sheikha on instagram, so Mana holds the title Sheikh?

Its kinda weird. None of Al Nahyans use the name Sheikh in their personal account. Also, only a few people of non-ruling families holds sheikh/ sheikha title. Some Al Dhaheri hold Sheikh title as they are prominent persons. And all current wives of sheikhs from non-ruling families are addressed as Sheikha

Feiraguy, Is there any reason why 3 sons of Sheikha Mouza Al Khaili married Al Khaili? You also said that Omar and Khalid's marriages also happened because of Nahyan bin Mubarak wife's Al Khaili connection. Aren't they enough important without this relation? But what's the reason here? Sheikha Mouza's daughters already married two prominent Bani Mohammed sheikhs. Couldn’t they too marry Al Nahyans? Or these marriages were arranged to honor their mother's family? Atleast Sheikh Saif and Hamed are eligible enough. Are these also same case like Tahnoun?

A question: Are Saif, Hamed and Late Ahmed's mothers in law Al Khailis too?

Last edited:
Do you guys have a list of Saif bin Mohammed’s children and grandchildren? I’ve read this thread again and I know he has two wivews, I know about his daughters and their kids and I know Diab’s family but what about the rest?

Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Butti Al Hamed is also a brother in law of Saif, Hamed, late Ahmed by his marriage. Do you know further about Abdullah's family?

Is Mohammed bin Butti a full brother of Sheikh Zayed's mother?

Saif bin Mohammed's children with his first wife (Mariam Al Otaiba)

Ahmed bin Saif (unmarried or married with a non-Al Nahyan)

Saeed bin Saif (married to Salama bint Ahmed bin Mubarak)

Khalifa bin Saif (married to Mouza bint Khalifa bin Zayed)

Dhiyab bin Saif (married Alyazia bint Nahyan bin Mubarak)

Mohamed bin Saif (married to a non-Al Nahyan)

Nahyan bin Saif (married to Fatima bint Mohamed bin Zayed)

Shaikha bint Saif (married to Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed)

Alyazia bint Saif (married to Abdullah bin Zayed)

Mouza bint Saif (unmarried)

With his second wife (Afra bint Zayed, sister of Saif, Ahmed, Hamed, Omar and Khalid bin Zayed)

Zayed bin Saif (unmarried)

Aysha bint Saif (married to Hazza bin Sultan bin Zayed)

Last edited:
Grandchildren of Saif bin Mohammed:

From Saeed - Tahnoon, Sheikha, Saif, Fatima, Hamdan, Mariam

Khalifa - Latifa, Mariam, Shamsa, Hamda, Sheikha, Saif, Mohammed, Zayed

Mohammed - only known son Saeed

Nahyan - Mohammed, Saif, Zayed, Mariam

Sheikha - Alyazia, Hissa, Zayed, Dana, Shamma, Mohammed, Khalifa

Alyazia - Fatima, Mohammed, Zayed, Saif, Theyab

Diab - Sheikha, Mohammed, Nahyan, Fakhra, Khalifa

Aysha - Shamsa

Last edited:
Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Butti Al Hamed is also a brother in law of Saif, Hamed, late Ahmed by his marriage. Do you know further about Abdullah's family?

Is Mohammed bin Butti a full brother of Sheikh Zayed's mother?

They are not siblings; the age difference between them is 40-60 years. Salama was probably born in the 1880s, Mohamed around 1930s or 40s.
I estimate that she is his great-aunt, probably Sheikh Zayed's first cousin once removed or something close to that

I never looked into Abdullah's family

Feiraguy, Is there any reason why 3 sons of Sheikha Mouza Al Khaili married Al Khaili? You also said that Omar and Khalid's marriages also happened because of Nahyan bin Mubarak wife's Al Khaili connection. Aren't they enough important without this relation? But what's the reason here? Sheikha Mouza's daughters already married two prominent Bani Mohammed sheikhs. Couldn’t they too marry Al Nahyans? Or these marriages were arranged to honor their mother's family? Atleast Sheikh Saif and Hamed are eligible enough. Are these also same case like Tahnoun?

A question: Are Saif, Hamed and Late Ahmed's mothers in law Al Khailis too?

Just one correction: I didn't say that the connection between the Al Khaili facilitated Omar and Khalid's marriages, I just raised that possibility, but I can't confirm it.

Hard to be sure about such intimate details; surely Saif, Ahmed and Hamed had enough influence to marry any Al Nahyan girl, so the obvious justifications for these marriages are the maternal influence and a possible coexistence between the boys and their cousins in their youth

Probably they didn't care about political issues, their mother didn't care, and maybe Sheikh Zayed was too old to care
and, looking at their careers, an Al Nahyan marriage would change absolutely nothing in their destinies

Info about Saif, Hamed and late Ahmed's mother in law?

Media always portrayed Sheikh Tahnoon as a business person. (Not talking about Arab media)

From this link, learned a lot about him in details

What's the age of Zayed bin Tahnoon bin Mohammed and Zayed bin Saif bin Mohammed? Saif bin Zayed's daughter is from 2002/2003. Any chances of them to marry her? They are only her full first male cousins and elder than her. bin Tahnoon seems much old and what di you think about Zayed bin Saif?

I would make suitor list for her.

I thought she was a little younger; if your guess is correct, Zayed bin Tahnoun and Zayed bin Saif are options, bin Tahnoun must be from the early 90's, and bin Saif early to mid 90's.

At that age she might even be an option for Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed; I didn't include her in my previous list because I thought she was younger.

Saif is very powerful and I believe that any Sheikh would be pleased to marry his son to Mouza, you can include any Sheikh older than her in your list. Zayed bin Hazza bin Zayed strikes me as a very strong name.

Last edited:
So Tahnoun now has his own ChatGPT, if any of you access it please report here

https://www.ft.com/content/ab36d481-9e7c-4d18-855d-7d313db0db0d

A very complete article about Tahnoun's profile, from the same site, there are some interesting details that we don't discuss here

https://www.ft.com/content/8efe5c6c-64d3-41de-acce-95ea557fdb64

I was curious if there would be anything more on his personal life that we don't know already. So everyone believes he is an enigma. I guessed it before only what the article states, I think same is the case with Aramco (from the book Blood and Oil).

Most Al Nahyans from 2005 have graduated from high school this year. Mouza's brother Zayed also completed high school and she seems atleast 2-3 years older than him. Probably 3 years is the correct one.

Saif is very powerful.

While you are at this, can I request you to make a top 10 list of most powerful Al Nahyan men as of today ?

Puchu - can you also make above list as per your analysis. Just want to see who will make it to both of your lists.

For Mouza bint Saif bin Zayed-

Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed
Zayed bin Hazza bin Zayed
Zayed bin Saif bin Mohammed
Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa
Yas bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Khalifa
Mubarak bin Sultan bin Hamdan
Mohammed bin Sultan bin Mohammed bin Khalid
Tahnoon bin Saeed bin Tahnoon
Tahnoon bin Hamdan bin Mubarak

I kept Yas as her mother's part benefited a lot. I also think his siblings marrying mbz children also favored by their mother and it resulted strengthening bani Hamdan.

Zayed bin Tahnoon seems more older and I think he is already chosen for an Al Nahyan girl of his age. I dont know why I always think Salama bint Hazza and he will make a good couple. Salama can marry Zayed mbz too, there are some al nahyan couples where the bride is elder than groom.
Shamsa bint Zayed must be a favourite sister in bani Zayed, even to bani Fatima and bani Khalifa.

Brothers or siblings or cousins close to age have arranged most marriages for their children. For example, shamsa and Mbz, late Saeed and Hazza, Saeed and Mouza, mbz and Hamdan.

Last edited:
Most Al Nahyans from 2005 have graduated from high school this year. Mouza's brother Zayed also completed high school and she seems atleast 2-3 years older than him. Probably 3 years is the correct one.

In all these years I've always bet on Fatima bint Mansour, but after this information I'm going to have to change my vote; it is very possible that Mouza will be chosen.
She has great qualities, just like Fatima, but she will have enough time to finish her studies before getting married.

I agree with your list; the focus is on Zayed bin Mohamed; if that doesn't work, Zayed bin Hazza; then it makes sense Zayed bin Saif, Zayed bin Tahnoun and Yas bin Hamdan. All others are unpredictable.

While you are at this, can I request you to make a top 10 list of most powerful Al Nahyan men as of today ?

Puchu - can you also make above list as per your analysis. Just want to see who will make it to both of your lists.

1: Mohamed Bin Zayed
2-4: Tahnoun Bin Zayed, Mansour Bin Zayed, Khalid Bin Mohamed
5-6: Abdullah bin Zayed, Saif Bin Zayed
7-8: Hamdan Bin Zayed, Hazza Bin Zayed
9-11: Dhiyab Bin Mohamed, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad

Nahyan Bin Zayed, Hamed Bin Zayed, Sultan bin Hamdan, Ahmed bin Tahnoun and Nahyan bin Saif are honorable mentions

Edit:

Nahyan Bin Mubarak also a honorable mention

Last edited:
In all these years I've always bet on Fatima bint Mansour, but after this information I'm going to have to change my vote; it is very possible that Mouza will be chosen.
She has great qualities, just like Fatima, but she will have enough time to finish her studies before getting married.

I agree with your list; the focus is on Zayed bin Mohamed; if that doesn't work, Zayed bin Hazza; then it makes sense Zayed bin Saif, Zayed bin Tahnoun and Yas bin Hamdan. All others are unpredictable.
May be that would be a greater reward to Saif for his loyalty to MBZ all through the years. Between who is Saif's wife ?

1: Mohamed Bin Zayed
2-4: Tahnoun Bin Zayed, Mansour Bin Zayed, Khalid Bin Mohamed
5-6: Abdullah bin Zayed, Saif Bin Zayed
7-8: Hamdan Bin Zayed, Hazza Bin Zayed
9-11: Dhiyab Bin Mohamed, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad

Nahyan Bin Zayed, Hamed Bin Zayed, Sultan bin Hamdan, Ahmed bin Tahnoun and Nahyan bin Saif are honorable mentions

So it's MBZ + his 5 full brothers + his 3 sons + 1 son in law, Saif made it to the list because of his loyalty to MBZ. So this list might change if someone falls in or out of favour with MBZ right ?

With his enormous power and wealth and ambitions, I feel Tahnoun might hinder the rise of Khalid MBZ, atleast to some extent. What do you think ? Or will he go back to being a businessman than politician?

So it's MBZ + his 5 full brothers + his 3 sons + 1 son in law, Saif made it to the list because of his loyalty to MBZ. So this list might change if someone falls in or out of favour with MBZ right ?

With his enormous power and wealth and ambitions, I feel Tahnoun might hinder the rise of Khalid MBZ, atleast to some extent. What do you think ? Or will he go back to being a businessman than politician?

May be that would be a greater reward to Saif for his loyalty to MBZ all through the years. Between who is Saif's wife ?

That's how it works in a country like UAE: being close to those who are more powerful than you is a great source of power.
If you make a mistake and move away from the leader, you will obviously lose power.

Saif is loyal and competent; the Ministry of the Interior is basically his fiefdom. Imagine how many sensitive files he has in his hands.
He is very difficult to replace; Mohamed bin Tahnoun, if indeed he succeeds Saif, will have a very difficult task

MBZ has time to prepare Khalid carefully; there is enough time to use all of Tahnoun's talents for years to come

Saif's wife is his Al Khail cousin

If Mouza is from 2002, probably she has already finished graduation and if not, then next year. Btw not all Al Nahyans wait till the convocation. Some marry earlier, depends on each family. Its up to groom in most cases

I dont think Hessa and KSN's wedding is pending for Hessa's graduation. Most daughters of MbZ married in early to mid 20s, so they are waiting for their own reason which is unknown to us.

Last edited:
If Mouza is from 2002, probably she has already finished graduation and if not, then next year. Btw not all Al Nahyans wait till the convocation. Some marry earlier, depends on each family. Its up to groom in most cases

I dont think Hessa and KSN's wedding is pending for Hessa's graduation. Most daughters of MbZ married in early to mid 20s, so they are waiting for their own reason which is unknown to us.

Do you also bet on Mouza for Zayed Bin Mohamed or do you not change your previous list?

Fatima bint Abdullah will be more preferred by MbZ family, I heard that Fatima bint Mubarak's favourite son is Abdullah. So, she may play the key role for this match. Also she is elder than Mouza's daughter.

I dont know nothing about Hamdan bin Mubarak's existing adult daughters. Rashid bin Hamdan's daughter would be also favourite as his daughter is Tahnoon's granddaughter. But I dont know any unmarried daughter of Rashid, if they have then its good match.

So my list goes on-

Fatima bint Abdullah
Shamma / Maitha bint Sultan bin Tahnoon
Shamma bint Mansoor bin Tahnoon
Shamsa bint Hazza bin Tahnoon
Fatima bint Mansoor
Shamsa bint Hamad bin Tahnoon
Shaikha bint Khalifa bin Saif (less chance though)
Mouza bint Saif bin Zayed

I already mentioned her in Zayed's suitor list. Fatima bint Abdullah is also Mouza's age I assume. May be from 2003.

For Mouza, Mubarak bin Nahyan bin Mubarak can also be favourite after bani Zayed, though chances are reduced as her two full uncles are married to Mubarak's sisters.

I already mentioned her in Zayed's suitor list. Fatima bint Abdullah is also Mouza's age I assume. May be from 2003.

For Mouza, Mubarak bin Nahyan bin Mubarak can also be favourite after bani Zayed, though chances are reduced as her two full uncles are married to Mubarak's sisters.

Wow, how did I not notice her presence? For me, it's the strongest name.

Honestly, Zayed bin Mohamed is the favorite name for her, for all the status of being the President's son, Zayed bin Hazza and Yas bin Hamdan have the status of Fatima's grandsons, Zayed bin Tahnoun and Zayed bin Saif are her first cousins ... but in relation to others, they are all on the same level; I don't see much difference in political terms between the sons of Issa bin Zayed, Sultan bin Khalifa, Khalifa bin Hamdan, Saeed bin Hamdan, Hamdan bin Mubarak, Saeed bin Tahnoun, Mansour bin Tahnoun, Saeed bin Saif... that's why I consider it unpredictable

Back
Top Bottom