General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely it's enough that PA and CW attended the Jimmy'z party. Why is there the expectation that several Grimaldis have to turn out? I'm sure their diaries are as full as can be....

Surely it's enough that PA and CW attended the Jimmy'z party. Why is there the expectation that several Grimaldis have to turn out? I'm sure their diaries are as full as can be....

... Or, perhaps, the Casiraghi siblings. It would have been fun see the kids having fun in the place their parents met almost thirty years ago!!! ;) ;) ;)

In case you are referring to my "unfortunately", that was only related to
Caroline and the wish to see her more often. I am the last one to expect
compulsory attendance of every family member everywhere..:)

Iceflower, this wasn't aimed at you, only to those who expect a full turnout of Grimaldis at every function. Realistically, the diaries of the Grimaldi must be a nightmare.

... Or, perhaps, the Casiraghi siblings. It would have been fun see the kids having fun in the place their parents met almost thirty years ago!!! ;) ;) ;)
Caroline met Stefano at Jimmy'z? I didn't know that!

Caroline met Stefano at Jimmy'z? I didn't know that!
From The Ruling House of Monaco by John Glatt:
...In April Princess Caroline became engaged to her long-term lover Robertino Rossellini and began planning a September wedding. The pair, who had been together since Caroline divorced Philippe Junot in October 1980, had been brought closer together by tragedy. Rossellini's mother Ingrid Bergman had died of cancer in August 1982, just fifteen days before Princess Grace's accident. Later that year Caroline travelled to the tiny Swedish fishing village of Fjallbacka and solemnly watched Rossellini scatter the ashes of his mother.
But the engagement was to be short-lived. Reports in European newspapers stated that the impulsive and passionate Caroline had thrown caution to the winds to have a romantic weekend in Paris with German actor Matthieu Carriere, while Rossellini was away on business. When Rossellini countered this infidelity by romancing Italian starlet Isabella Ferrari, the couple broke off the engagement and scrapped plans for a month-long vacation on the Greek island of Paxoi. Instead, Caroline joined some Italian friends on their yacht to cruise the Mediterranean to Sardinia. And met a man who would change her life.
Stefano Casiraghi, the handsome twenty-three-year-old heir to a Milanese oil-refining and construction fortune, had first met Caroline a year earlier at Jimmy'z nightclub in Monaco. Although Caroline was with Rossellini at the time, their companions noticed she and Stefano had a great rapport.
'I felt right away there was something in the air,' said Casiraghi's then-girlfriend Pinuccia Macheda.
:flowers:

:previous: Thank you very much Thecia!
Imagine if Caroline would have married Robertino? They both are children of great, beautiful Hollywood actresses, who died in 1982, casually.
But, destiny wanted Caroline to marry Stefano and give the world those three gorgeous children Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre are. :flowers:

Indeed, the coincidences would have been rather spooky. As much as Robertino seems like one of the nicest guys Caroline's ever been with (behind Stefano and sort of tied with Vincent ;)) I'm glad that fate had other plans. Obviously, Stefano came into her life for a purpose. And of course he blessed her with three beautiful children as well. :flowers:

A mega headache for PA and Monaco: Bernie Ecclestone wants to take the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix away from Monaco!

Needless to say, he wants more money. Apparently, countries like India, the US and Russia are offering more money.
There will be negotiations between him and Michel Boeri from the Formula One authorities.....

Monaco sera-t-elle privée de son Grand Prix de F1? | nicematin.com

There is a precedent for this here in the UK, at Silverstone....

This is just sabre rattling. Monaco is generally recognised to be the jewel in the F1 crown. All the major sponsors want to be seen there. I agree there's a precedent in Ecclestone playing one country off against another, but IMO Monaco isnt seriously at risk.

That's just what I was thinking, other than Silverstone the Monaco Grand Prix is the only one I actually watch.

Those that count in this sporting event like Monaco because it is unique. India and Russia could never compare. My advice to Prince Albert is avoid people like Eccelstone. The late Prince Rainier had a difficult time clearing up the mess in Monaco in the 1950s, and I doubt if the French government would be as accommodating as it was then if the sleaze returned.

That's all very well, but Bernie Ecclestone - small as he is - does have a loud mouth and an insatiable hunger for money.

Last year the F1 teams almost broke away and formed their own league. Monaco can easily come up with the bucks to start a rival circuit. I would be careful Mr. Ecclestone. I thought he got fired last year.

I thought he got fired last year.
That was Max Moseley. Bernie Ecclestone is a powerful, & I think pretty highly respected figure in F1, -he's certainly been around a long time. But Monaco wealds its own power & attraction for sponsors - I dont think Mr Ecclestone would seriously put that at risk.

For all german Grace fans: There is an exhibition about Grace in the castle of Bad Pyrmont till September. Very nice.

Grand Prix de Monaco:

The Automobile Club of Monaco and the FOA have extended their contract for another ten years.

The next Grand Prix de Monaco will be taking place on May 29, 2011.

On Friday 30th July, the Principality launched a report named:

"L'attractivité au service du développement économique de la Principauté de Monaco"

Michel Roger, the Minister of State, had demanded an investigation into the economic development of Monaco. After a host of consultations, the report was launched last week. There is now a "Livre blanc Monaoc 2029", a White Book" on Monaco's future.

PA had already provided the "road map" - now it's up to Roger and the government to apply themselves to the "ten priority axes of action" ... or something....

P.S. Charlene should not have any problem with the title of the report - every word is an English one.

A headache for PA - and all about football.

Tomorrow (Friday) the UEFA Supercoupe will be played at the Stade Louis 2.

Unfortunately the Monegasque season ticket holders at the Stade will not be allowed to attend the match.

One member of a supporters group said: "One is there for all the Ligue matches at the Stade, even for those who aren't quite as interesting. and the one time there's a great match, we are left at the door".

Supercoupe : les supporters de l'AS Monaco privés de stade | nicematin.com

Two events:

1) The President of Bosnia is opening a consulate in Monaco.

2) Monegasque kids are back in school - C'est la rentrée !!

Prince Title

Why do the rulers of Monaco only become princes and not kings?

Why do the rulers of Monaco only become princes and not kings?

Because it is a Principality and not a Kingdom. It is all made up situations, by people a long time ago to create subservience.

Because it is a Principality and not a Kingdom. It is all made up situations, by people a long time ago to create subservience.

It is really too small to be called a kingdom. Menton and Roquebrune used to be part of the principality, but in 1861 these towns seceded. Perhaps if Monaco were larger, calling it a kingdom might be possible.. or not

Lately, I have been reading websites about Princess Stephanie and many of them refer to her as Countess of Polignac. Is this correct?

I think yes, because Stephanie's paternal grandfather Prince Pierre of Monaco was born Count Pierre de Polignac; so also his children and his male line descendants bear this title as well.

Back
Top Bottom