GD Henri Appoints his Son Guillaume as Lieutenant Representant, 8 Oct. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Xavier Bettel was the first Prime Minister who asked endly the Waringo Report after such a lot of complains. His Predecessor Jean Claude Juncker , knew but never wanted to do anything.

Bunte online mentions, that Prince Guillaume wore a pair of glasses at the occasion and praises him for that. But I can't see the pic there! :unsure::confused:

Does anybody know, where to find it elsewhere?
It is on two of the Instagram photos. Looks like rimless glasses

It is on two of the Instagram photos. Looks like rimless glasses

Thank you very much! I myself have developed out of necessity an interest in glasses lately - But like Prince Guillaume I am a bit hesitant... The Prince's glasses look very good, but very fragile too.

Thank you very much! I myself have developed out of necessity an interest in glasses lately - But like Prince Guillaume I am a bit hesitant... The Prince's glasses look very good, but very fragile too.
You are welcome. I think Guillaume looks good with the glasses. If your eyes get worse, it is a necessity. I have three different glasses, one for reading books and for the PC (as you are German, it is called "Gleitsichtbrille")which is very convenient, and two others for distances outside, one with sunglasses and another normal one. They have such beautiful designs nowadays for glasses. You will get used to wearing them.

Interesting, a rather quick engagement after laying down his duties... Will be interesting to see how this evolves.
Is this not the sort of thing Guillaume would do now? Or is the Lieutenant Representative more on the state side of things and less so ceremonies like this?

From a quick glance at government bulletins from the time of the previous lieutenancy-representative, it seems the actual monarch (Jean) continued to carry out public engagements and even take precedence over the regent (Henri) at major public events such as state visits and National Day. So Henri is following his father's precedent, at least.

Nevertheless, I personally find it counterintuitive. Of course, legally, the sovereign has simply handed over his constitutional powers to his regent, and the Constitution has nothing to say about other public engagements that do not involve the sovereign's constitutional authority. But it would seem more logical to me for the regent who is exercising the head of state's legal powers to also exercise the head of state's other major duties.

However, if the people of Luxembourg are happy with the arrangement, then all is well. And I suppose this sort of "regency on paper only" allows for a more gradual transition and learning curve for the next grand duke.

I think what is most jarring is that its so soon after the ceremony making Guillaume lieutenant-representative, just a few days alter Henri takes on a central ceremony alone. I guess over the next year or so Gui will take on more and more but just seems odd to me. Even having both of them there would have made more sense IMO.

Back
Top Bottom