Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 9: June 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The chore coat is very popular this year, even for those who don’t actually do chores while wearing one!

The chore coat is very popular this year, even for those who don’t actually do chores while wearing one!
Forgive my ignorance, what's a chore coat?

I am sorry but King Frederik is far behind King Felipe , King Philippe , King Charles III, the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. They are elegant dressed as Kings et have a Royal look.
it depends, you mean casual or as King? I agree when it comes to King outfits but I actually like Fred's casual style. Felipe or Charles do not excel in casual.

Forgive my ignorance, what's a chore coat?
Frederick is wearing one! I believe they are meant to emulate the coats that farm workers wear, although they may come in finer fabrics. They are very popular now for casual wear. If you google chore coats, you’ll see a range of them at all price points, by many different makers. The one that the King is wearing doesn’t look too expensive.

So, that's a chore coat.
Well, I think I need one - to do chores. Like being walked by the dog and going to the baker for pastry and similar arduous tasks. And plenty of room for the phone, poo-bags, keys, tissue and all the other things my wife stuffs down my pockets, because "that's more practical."

I think Felipe is one of the best dressed royal men around. His style has always been conservative but impeccable. Like a fine wine, the older the gets, the best he looks. He even looks great in informal clothing - he's ditched the grandpa's jeans and is now dressing in a simple, comfortable and effortless style that looks good.

I may be prejudiced being a Spaniard though :giggle:

Hmm, not that much to say actually. King Felipe is tall and slim, so almost anything should fit him well. And it's hot in France and Spain these days, so casual is fine.

Hmm, not that much to say actually. King Felipe is tall and slim, so almost anything should fit him well. And it's hot in France and Spain these days, so casual is fine.
Felipe is not exactly your average “tall and slim”! Being almost 2 m/6’6”, if he didn’t have the resources for mighty good suppliers and tailoring, he might not look so great…

I think Felipe is one of the best dressed royal men around. His style has always been conservative but impeccable. Like a fine wine, the older the gets, the best he looks. He even looks great in informal clothing - he's ditched the grandpa's jeans and is now dressing in a simple, comfortable and effortless style that looks good.

I may be prejudiced being a Spaniard though :giggle:

You’re not prejudiced. A link I’ve posted before from a non-Spaniard about why he looks so good (at least in suits): Thread by @dieworkwear on Thread Reader App

Not royal himself but for me the best dressend men in royal circles at the moment is Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
I agree, Edo is very well dressed. He is clearly not averse to spending money on good tailoring.

I agree, Edo is very well dressed. He is clearly not averse to spending money on good tailoring.
I also agree that Edoardo dresses very well.
I like how he wears formal clothing such as a morning suit and top hat.

Felipe is not exactly your average “tall and slim”! Being almost 2 m/6’6”, if he didn’t have the resources for mighty good suppliers and tailoring, he might not look so great…

You’re not prejudiced. A link I’ve posted before from a non-Spaniard about why he looks so good (at least in suits): Thread by @dieworkwear on Thread Reader App

His height is one of the reasons I think he looks so good. His tailoring is perfect both in formal and gala suits. He reminds me a bit of the last Prince Phillip, always perfectly dressed, but with the handicap of being much taller than he was.

Felipe's weak point has always been his informal wear. He doesn't have a tailor for informal pants and used to pick whatever was comfortable from ready made stores with the result of looking like an old grandpa :).

Fortunately, he's been choosing his jeans and informal pants more carefully these days. He's never going to look like a trendy, hip royal, but no other royal can touch him in perfectly tailored suits or gala dress..

Last edited:
A stylish King and Crown Prince for the handball final.
Of course Frederik wore red pants to support the team!
I'm liking Christian's pattern jacket.

A stylish King and Crown Prince for the handball final.
Of course Frederik wore red pants to support the team!
I'm liking Christian's pattern jacket.
They look great!! Love the red pants! Hey it takes confidence to rock red pants.

It does, and a gold medal final for your national team is the right place to rock them.
Christian's jacket was also a highlight for me. Stylish
Yes! And I give Frederik Credit for not only representing the Danish colors with the red pants and white shirt, but also making reference to Paris Games with the blue jacket. Relaxed and laid-back. Love it!

Yes! And I give Frederik Credit for not only representing the Danish colors with the red pants and white shirt, but also making reference to Paris Games with the blue jacket. Relaxed and laid-back. Love it!
He look so handsome. Extra points for the blue jacket!

Body shaming of any sex is completely unacceptable and against Forum rules. Further posts body shaming will be deleted and members may face a warning, suspension or being banned.

OK , quick disclaimer , rarely read the daily fail online or print , but I happened upon this article about how popular a particular VB dress has become . Cannot comment on the dress , my attention was immediately taken by King Filipe's double buckled shoes . attending a reception at Buckingham Palace Awesome .

I'm afraid I am not expert enough to post a link or picture .

Back
Top Bottom