Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 7: September 2021 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Danish men tonight for a dinner with the Queen. All looking handsome with their tuxedos.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/media/pgcc5tor/_kna9283.jpg

Seems only Nikolai brought out the velvet, but are those mini skulls on his bowtie? too fashion-forward for this event.
Since it appears it is a formal family dinner I think the skulls are just a little spin on who Nikolai is and if we had any doubt, he carries off his winged collar dress shirt with style and confidence.

Since it appears it is a formal family dinner I think the skulls are just a little spin on who Nikolai is and if we had any doubt, he carries off his winged collar dress shirt with style and confidence.

Or "Memento Mori". :) In the sense of classical rulers and their triumphs, Nikolai is being perfectly appropriate. Especially because this does occur on a day when someone died.

Anyway, it's a very discreet bowtie at a private family dinner and I don't think Nikolai would have worn anything that would have upset or been seen as rude to his farmor — he seems to respect and esteem her greatly.

Having looked closer at a new photo of Nikolai I think it's "Little Grey Men" on his butterfly. I.e. aliens.

Having looked closer at a new photo of Nikolai I think it's "Little Grey Men" on his butterfly. I.e. aliens.

That’s what I thought, too. Glad I’m not the only one seeing aliens.

Ah, his country-vicar outfit.

You can say what you want, I firmly believe William more or subconsciously wish to settle in a village and be the perfect caring vicar for his parishioners.
- In a sense that pretty much describes a good part of his future function.

Look closely at the hem of his pants in the first picture….

It looks as though it was let down to accommodate the length of his legs!

:previous: Yes, but where is the handkerchief?
And what about a lapelpin, since this is an exhibition about jewellery.

My eyes were actually drawn more to Mary's very practical cloak. PH on occasion used such a cloak, but it's rare to see among men.
Unfortunately I'd say because a cloak is funny piece of clothing.
You can for dramatic effect throw it around the shoulder and make a very dramatic and flowing theatrical sortie. ?
So come on, Frederik, wear a cloak. You know you want to. :D

Has Crown Prince Frederik worn an opera cloak when he attended the opera?

In one picture is Daniel, naturally dressed immaculately as the perfect gentleman he is. :cool::cool:

Double-breasted suit.
handkerchief that is neatly folded, not just thrust down the pocket. An appropriately but not flashy masculine watch.
Polished shoes in good condition - something we are not seeing all the time in this distinguished thread...
An archetypical Swedish tie, emphasized by a white shirt.
Daniel is the epitome of a Swedish gentleman. Heja Sverige. :swedenflag:

I don't know who the imposter wearing a turtleneck is though. :ermm:

Prince Daniel always looks immaculate. Never seems to be out of step with the dress for the occasion. He supports his wife, Crown Princess Victoria in every way. They are a very remarkable couple.

In one picture is Daniel, naturally dressed immaculately as the perfect gentleman he is. :cool::cool:

Double-breasted suit.
handkerchief that is neatly folded, not just thrust down the pocket. An appropriately but not flashy masculine watch.
Polished shoes in good condition - something we are not seeing all the time in this distinguished thread...
An archetypical Swedish tie, emphasized by a white shirt.
Daniel is the epitome of a Swedish gentleman. Heja Sverige. :swedenflag:

I don't know who the imposter wearing a turtleneck is though. :ermm:

I agree with you about Prince Daniel, very elegant. Looking every inch like a Prince.

But I am loving Crown Prss Victoria's jacket. They are a handsome couple together.

Thanks for the Laugh with your last sentence. ?

Daniel today at a meeting for mentees in the Prince Daniel Fellowship's mentoring program. Looking good.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Back
Top Bottom