Duchess of Edinburgh Jewels 1: Mar 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful to see the duchess wearing the Lotus Flower Tiara for the very first time!

It’s being widely reported in the media that Queen Camilla loaned the Lotus tiara to Sophie. This appears to be an interesting new development in that on the one hand it is in the Queen’s, rather than the King’s, discretion regarding the use/loan of the collection, and also that there appears to be a change in approach to sharing or pooling at least parts of the collection - given that Catherine recently wore the tiara.

It’s being widely reported in the media that Queen Camilla loaned the Lotus tiara to Sophie. This appears to be an interesting new development in that on the one hand it is in the Queen’s, rather than the King’s, discretion regarding the use/loan of the collection, and also that there appears to be a change in approach to sharing or pooling at least parts of the collection - given that Catherine recently wore the tiara.
We could see the same with the three row collet-festoon necklace which was worn by the Princess of Wales for the coronation and now by the Queen.

A welcome change on the Windsor jewel front and hopefully we will see a more of this in the future!

I hope this means that the beautiful wedding tiaras worn by the York sisters and the Duchess of Sussex also will go into rotation for Sophie and Cathrine, they are to beautiful to just lie in the vault.

I hope this means that the beautiful wedding tiaras worn by the York sisters and the Duchess of Sussex also will go into rotation for Sophie and Cathrine, they are to beautiful to just lie in the vault.
I hope so; with so many lovely choices, there's no reason to see the same few over and over.

I hope this means that the beautiful wedding tiaras worn by the York sisters and the Duchess of Sussex also will go into rotation for Sophie and Cathrine, they are to beautiful to just lie in the vault
I fear we will not see Catherine wearing Meghan's Wedding tiara. Would probably to controvers. But why not for Sophie as there seems to have been no Issues between the two woman.

I suppose the Lotus flower has a special meaning in Japan, so it was a nice gesture to wear it.

I don't recall her wearing it again either. It was really touching that Edward designed it himself but the overall look wasn't that impressive (if he also was the one to pick the bouquet; he did a wonderful job in that area) - and if Sophie never wore it again, I'm afraid she wasn't as pleased with it either (other than the thought that went into it).

I think she has worn the earrings at least twice in the early 2000's, but I can't precisely remember the occasions.

She's definitely worn her wedding earrings a number of times since the wedding, definitely more than two but also not a heap of times. I have a funny feeling she wore the necklace once more (in public) about a year after the wedding but I can't be sure that my memory is correct. It is either too precious and is only worn en famille, or she just doesn't like it; hard to say. Pearls do not appear to be worn as much by the Royal Family these days, except for when the Late Queen died, as they are a symbol of mourning I think.

The earrings are quite nice and relatively easy to combine with other jewelry and clothing; the necklace not as much - but good to see it has been used on a few other occasions.

I always liked the black and white pearl set ,hopefully we will see it worn again.
I think the earrings are a much more successful design than the necklace. Personally, I don't think the cross in pearls works.

Back
Top Bottom