Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 4: February-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wub: I am so excited about the pieces that Camilla is wearing! The Delhi Durbar, the Boucheron Honey Comb, the Diamond Riviere--OOOOOHHHH that diamond riviere! Stunner. I wonder what we will see next on HRH???? She has worn two such important tiaras--it would be hard to top either. I'd like to see a fringe tiara or the Teck Crescent Rose tiara next. OR, I could go for the Boucheron with the three row diamond neckace...oh, what the heck--make it the five row! Like in this photo:
QUEEN MOTHERS JUWEL CASKET | TIARA

Last edited:
Well, it's ostentatious but it'd suit Camilla. And the necklace and tiara do sort of go together, which is helpful.

Isn't the next "big dressing" the visit of the Saudi King later this month? I think he has already given 'Milla some impressive gifts so hopefully we will see some of them with the Durbar Tiara.

I really liked the sapphire necklace better than the ruby; can't wait to see the emeralds. If she wore them with the Durbar, how fitting would that be! THe Durbar was made to go with emeralds.

State banquet for the Saudi´s tonight at Buck House. Can´t wait to see what jewels Camilla gets out for the evening! Hope there are lots of pictures

Her Royal Highness The Princess Charles, Princess of Wales and Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland has received the Family Order! She wore it tonight (and that yellow ribbon looked wonderful on her) with the Boucheron tiara and simply radiated. The Future Queen Consort has earned this honor and I know that I am pleased to see that she has received it---

Heavy on the titles...and all for noting the FOEII..lol.

Oh how royal watchers amuse me so.lol.

I'm truly not fond of the limited photo's from British State Banquets. In comparison, you get 'piles' from Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands which are just wonderful but it comes to Liz and Phil and you get no more than 5-6 perhaps and they aren't even anything to rave about.

I think every banquet should be conducted as was the Norwegian visit in 2005 where you had the sovereign's, their consort's (if in attendance), the Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and whoever accompanied the visiting ruling couple..in this instance, a couple of senior Princes or whatever.

Madame Royale, are you saying you are not a Royal Watcher??? I think all of us on this board would fall under the category---
And yes, the number of photos released by Great Britian is scanty indeed. The photos released for the countries you mentioned are always numerous and beautiful.

Duchess of Cornwall at the Buckingham Palace State Banquet for King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, October 2007.​

Royal Family Order and Mrs Greville's Boucheron Tiara

* Courtesy of Jinja and Tamara from RJOTWMB *

° ° °

Saudi sapphire necklace

* photo cleanup courtesy of Madame Royale *



Last edited:
I'm truly not fond of the limited photo's from British State Banquets.
There had been more photos in the past when the State Banquets took place at Windsor. In the last years all State Banquets where held at Buckingham Palace and there only the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the visiting Head of State with his/her Consort come out and pose for photos. You have the same in the Netherlands an official Group-photo, only that they aslo include Willem-Alexander and Máxima, Margriet and Pieter in this ophoto and then only a few photos from the speeches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madame Royale, are you saying you are not a Royal Watcher??? I think all of us on this board would fall under the category---

I can't see how you could interpret, from my comment, that I'm not a royal watcher, jcbcode99. I noted how I'm amused by those who take an interest in such things. It made no reference to my interest as it is clear, for all, that I myself am interested :flowers:

I merely admired the need to relay Camilla's titles..and all for receiving the FOEII..hehe

Camilla's Saudi emeralds looked lovely - a classic design, very usable and not at all overly ostentatious like the Saudi ruby necklace! I guess now that she has necklaces in all the usual colours (diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and rubies) she needs to start collecting tiaras to match as well!!!

These appear to be the Saudi sapphires (worn previously). We've seen the Saudi rubies; the emeralds remain in the presentation case awaiting their public debut. :)

why wear a sapphire necklace with what appears to ne a emerald dress - that woman gets less taste as she gets older!!

It appears if fact that the sapphire and emerald necklaces have the same design...

Madame Royale--I have learned that the lack of face to face interaction on these boards can lead to some confusion!!!!!!! I was being playful (didn't come out that way) and a little tongue-in-cheek because we are all, how does my husband put it, a little obsessed with "this stuff"--I say if you're gonna have an addiction, might as well be Royal Jewels!

And here's me, slaving away wearing my fingers to the bone to provide this magnificent array of smilies so that people don't have to be confused about when they're joking. Not that we have a tongue-in-cheek smilie because the only one I found looks as though it's having a seizure, but any time you think your attempts at humour might be misunderstood, feel free to apply these:;):D:lol::D:whistling::cheers::king::queen3:

Camilla's Saudi emeralds looked lovely - a classic design, very usable and not at all overly ostentatious like the Saudi ruby necklace! I guess now that she has necklaces in all the usual colours (diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and rubies) she needs to start collecting tiaras to match as well!!!

Was it the Sapphires in the picture? dose anyone have a pic of the Emerald necklace Pleeeease. is this only the second time Camilla has had the Grevell tiara on?:ermm:

These appear to be the Saudi sapphires (worn previously). We've seen the Saudi rubies; the emeralds remain in the presentation case awaiting their public debut. :)

Its difficult to tell from the pictures as to whether she was wearing emeralds or sapphires. The dress seemed to be a dark green colour, so it would be odd to wear sapphires with it. Also, the design of the Sapphire necklace worn by Camilla previously (at a Princes´Trust do about a year ago) was quite different. That said, she could have more than one sapphire neckace!!!

Its difficult to tell from the pictures as to whether she was wearing emeralds or sapphires. The dress seemed to be a dark green colour, so it would be odd to wear sapphires with it.
While the Saudi emerald necklace could be of identical design to the Saudi sapphire necklace, it would be an odd (and disappointing) choice given that the ruby necklace, presented at the same time, was so different.

Also, the design of the Sapphire necklace worn by Camilla previously (at a Princes´Trust do about a year ago) was quite different.
The Saudi sapphire necklace worn at the Prince's Trust Gala in November 2006 can be seen in the pic below. It appears to be the same as the necklace worn in London this week.

November 2006 . . . . . . . October 2007

why wear a sapphire necklace with what appears to ne a emerald dress - that woman gets less taste as she gets older!!
The old superstition of Blue and Green should never be seen, is just that. When you have Sapphires and Diamonds of that size, why let a little thing like superstition get in the way! :D Taste has nothing to do with age and Camilla has exhibited nothing but good taste, IMO!
And here's me, slaving away wearing my fingers to the bone to provide this magnificent array of smilies so that people don't have to be confused about when they're joking. Not that we have a tongue-in-cheek smilie because the only one I found looks as though it's having a seizure, but any time you think your attempts at humour might be misunderstood, feel free to apply these:;):D:lol::whistling::cheers:
But Elspeth, even your wonderful smileys can be misunderstood! :flowers: I always think the :rolleyes: exhibits the shrug your shoulders and roll your eyes in a friendly way, until someone said they found it offensive and sarcastic. :ermm: I think we are all guilty of seeing what we expect to see in a post. What we 'hear' clearly when we write can be misconstrued and misread. :deadhorse:

Last edited:
While the Saudi emerald necklace could be of identical design to the Saudi sapphire necklace, it would be an odd (and disappointing) choice given that the ruby necklace, presented at the same time, was so different.

The Saudi sapphire necklace worn at the Prince's Trust Gala in November 2006 can be seen in the pic below. It appears to be the same as the necklace worn in London this week.

November 2006 . . . . . . . October 2007

Hmmm, they do look the same? Im Consoling myself with the fact that Camilla has received the Queens order. So no Emeralds yet. Are there any other major functions in the works where we may get a glimpse of something new and shiny.

Possibly during the CHOGM (Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting) which is to be held later this month after HM's state visit to Uganda.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are attending so there's every possibility that Camilla shall wear a diadem/tiara at the opening banquet.

Time will tell though.

Last edited:
Possibly during the CHOGM (Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting) which is to be held later this month after HM's state visit to Uganda.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are attending so there's every possibility that Camilla shall wear a diadem/tiara at the opening banquet.

What about at the opening of parliament I remember seeing a picture of Diana and Charles in the carriage with the queen a few years back.

Do you think that there may be a chance that Camilla might be invited?

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, I'm probably out of step with most people here, but I think that the tiara which Camilla wore didn't suit her at all! I don't like it, much, as I think it too heavy overwrought and a little ugly, although I think that it looked much better on The Queen Mother (different shaped face).

I'd like to see Camilla with a tiara of her own, designed specifically to complement her features. I can't believe that Charles can't afford one.

Oh, sorry, Polly, here I must disagree. I think the tiara looks so much better on Camilla. Her hair nicely arranged. The queen mother's hair always looked dissheveled, I can't imagine why, she had access to plenty of hairdressers. Yes, she had fine hair, but many of us do and do something with it. Camilla carries this off with elegance.

The diadem definitly better suited the Queen Mother.

Camilla wears it and it's probably to become her signitaure piece but it looks to sit much to high on her head and that sweeping hairstyle she isnsits on maintaining doesn't help..infact it looks to elevate it.

It's quite the robust piece and is wonderful to view though, so I hope she continues to wear it as I'm sure she shall.

What about at the opening of parliament I remember seeing a picture of Diana and Charles in the carriage with the queen a few years back.

It has been a number of years now since the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were joined in Parliament by members of their family.

So no, I don't believe we shall see Camilla making her parliamentary debut any time soon, in this regard.

Oh, sorry, Polly, here I must disagree. I think the tiara looks so much better on Camilla. Her hair nicely arranged. The queen mother's hair always looked dissheveled, I can't imagine why, she had access to plenty of hairdressers. Yes, she had fine hair, but many of us do and do something with it. Camilla carries this off with elegance.

Countess, I don't think that The Queen Mother's hair was ever dishevelled, as such. Rather, she was very old and her hair became quite thin and sparse over the last three decades or so. Even so, she always looked a million dollars, to me.

Camilla, I still think, deserves her very own tiara. Such a worthy and consolidating accolade it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom