Counts Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Countess Athena, News Part 1: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So are university graduations more low key? No cap or gown. Or is that a later ceremony?
I saw Nikolai's girlfriend post similar photos when she finished a few days back.
Beside maybe Oxford or Cambridge, no one has to wear caps or gowns at their graduation in Europe. Most people discuss their thesis wearing a blazer or a suit.

Nikolai advertising IWC Schaffhausen.

Beside maybe Oxford or Cambridge, no one has to wear caps or gowns at their graduation in Europe. Most people discuss their thesis wearing a blazer or a suit.
As a european, I have to respectfully disagree. I graduated wearing cap and gown! And my university is not the only one in Romania where this is done

So are university graduations more low key? No cap or gown. Or is that a later ceremony?
I saw Nikolai's girlfriend post similar photos when she finished a few days back.
I haven't seen the photos, but my understanding is that they were not photos of her graduation properly, but rather of her final Master's Thesis defense (a.k.a. the final oral public exam for the degree). Normally you are not required to wear academic robes for exams, except in Cambridge or Oxford probably.

The person who referenced the pictures must have confused the defense with graduation, but they are not the same,

Indeed it is! Great photos and such an heartwarming idea!

Very nice that he can use the Chateau of grandmother, year after year.
The post was excellent

Count Félix has a birthday and turns 22 today.
Félix celebrates his birthday at Château de Cayx, in France, with his family.
A photo of Félix with his brothers was released by the royal house.

Nikolai for Euroman DK magazine
"The front page is adorned by Count Nikolai, who in a big, exclusive interview talks about his style icon of a grandfather, good etiquette and a well-meaning dress advice from his father."

Nikolai for Euroman DK magazine
"The front page is adorned by Count Nikolai, who in a big, exclusive interview talks about his style icon of a grandfather, good etiquette and a well-meaning dress advice from his father."
I wonder will they ever stop using his title on the cover of these magazines. I also wonder if that is what he wants or if the magazine dictates it. It really cheapens the integrity of his career and his title. I question whether he would be getting all of these covers without his name. I also feel the interviews are mundane, reserve, and repetitive. There’s always something referring back to the family, you never really get a feel of who Nikolai is.

He watched his girlfriend on the catwalk and gave a few words

"- Super beautiful, I'm so proud of her. It was super fantastic to witness, says Nikolai to SE and HØR after the show.
Count Nikolai has just finished his studies, but his future plans are not yet fixed, he says.
- I don't know yet, I think I have to go out and find out what is going to happen. I'm keeping my options open, anyway.
Whether abroad can be part of Count Nikolai's future is certainly not out of the question, but a Danish adventure is not off the drawing board.
- Both yes and no. I haven't actually decided on anything yet. So it can easily be - it can also easily be, it just stays here in Denmark"

Nikolai and his girlfriend Benedikte attended another fashion show in Copenhagen today, August 7:

He watched his girlfriend on the catwalk and gave a few words

"- Super beautiful, I'm so proud of her. It was super fantastic to witness, says Nikolai to SE and HØR after the show.
Count Nikolai has just finished his studies, but his future plans are not yet fixed, he says.
- I don't know yet, I think I have to go out and find out what is going to happen. I'm keeping my options open, anyway.
Whether abroad can be part of Count Nikolai's future is certainly not out of the question, but a Danish adventure is not off the drawing board.
- Both yes and no. I haven't actually decided on anything yet. So it can easily be - it can also easily be, it just stays here in Denmark"
It doesn’t sound as if he is in a hurry. Hopefully he finds a purpose in life.

"Now we have had a locked path at CBS for the last five years, so now we have to see what will happen afterwards.
Previously, however, Nikolai stated to Australian G.Q.
that he would like something with "flexibility" and "room to travel quite a bit"."

Happy birthday to Nikolai! The royal house has shared two beautiful photos. The first one taken in New Zealand, the second one with his family taken at Chateau de Cayx.

Last edited:
Nikolai has also given an interview for DK1 and here are a few quotes.
- When you see and her him, you are in no doubt that he is a son of Joachim. But I think Alexandra is very much in agreement with what he says.

He has finished his education of Cpenhagen Business School:
"So far I've had various studie-jobs (jobs that are relevant for his education) within various areas of business, but now I'm looking forward to using it (his education) more professionally."

He's a public figure:
"I know there are eyes resting me and an attention/interest. But that's not a pressure. I simply want to be the best version of myself.
Today I'm at a place in my life, where I'm super-happy to be. I have just finished my education and (I) just enjoy life as it is right now."

He is still a part of the royal family:
"That will always mean a lot to me. You cannot run from who you are - no one can and. So I will hopefully one day take it to the highest level. I will always walk with my chest forward, hold my head high and carry the family-name with honor."
(I interpret this as him saying that he will endeavor to always do his utmost in maintaining and living up to honor it is to carry the family name. Basically a: Noblesse oblige.

- He declined to answer questions about his time at Herlufsholm and the family-crisis when he lost his title as prince.

In the Euroman interview, he talked about being careful about his appearance. How he considered PH to be an icon. How he was taught manners at home, which included dining at the table with napkins under his arms. Style-wise his dad only demanded one thing of him, that he should always tuck his shirt down his pants.

"He declined to answer questions about his time at Herlufsholm".

He always had great things to say before. I wonder what the question was

Nikolai was spotted and gave a short interview on his birthday

I think he wisely intends to keep a distance from that subject.

Let's have some trivia about Nikolai.
BT has compiled 25 things, some of which I will include here.
2) The only rule regarding clothes Joachim has been adamant about is: Tuck the shirt down the pants.
3) He had a dream about being a race-driver.
6) His favorite snack is crisp pork-rind.
7) He is "honorary-citizen of Legoland" which means he has free admittance for life.
11) Nikolai wore a tux for the first time when he was 14, at his mother's 50th birthday.
12) While at Herlufsholm, Nikolai got a warning for breaching the alcohol rules of the school.
15) Nikolai does not drink Cola.
17) Apart from his evening-prayer he has no set daily routines.
19) His favorite director is Christopher Nolan and his favorite movie is Interstellar.
20) At home they had a swear-box. 5 DKK per swear-word. The one at the end of the week had cussed the least won the content. Usually Joachim lost. - (Wonder when it dawned on Nikolai that Joachim probably did it on purpose.)
21) He started piano-lessons when he was nine.
22) The first album he listened to as a child was: Justin Timberlakes 'FutureSex/Lovesounds'.
23) Dress-wise Nikolai Coster-Waldou is perhaps the man Nikolai associate with the most.

In the Euroman interview, he talked about being careful about his appearance. How he considered PH to be an icon. How he was taught manners at home, which included dining at the table with napkins under his arms. Style-wise his dad only demanded one thing of him, that he should always tuck his shirt down his pants.

Not surprising. Joachim has always been very formal (I say this as a compliment) I remember how in one of the documentaries for his wedding to Marie, he is the one dressing up the boys and explains to a tired Felix why the tie has to be tied in a certain way.

I'm also very fond of this precious documentary. At 25:34 we can see how Joachim, with the help of uncle Frede, tries to make sure Nikolai has his coat on... Oh boy, at the end QMII and Alexandra had to intervene...but the coat was put ON.

Aaaand I feel old. :)

Me too. Nikolai is a year younger than my son.

A sweet video, in which Joachim tells the Master of Ceremonies that Nikolai responds in Danish when addressed in Danish. But when addressed in any other language he responds in English.

Why do you say he reminds you of Joachim, @Muhler? Just curious (since I like them both).

His choice of words, that's like listening to Joachim. Joachim has an advanced and very correct vocabulary.
Of course looking at him.
And the seriousness with which he approach things and is aware of himself. - I know this conservative/liberal style is fashionable among many young men these days, but it's also very much Joachim.
And finally no mumbling or swallowing the endings of the words. He clearly has been drilled in speaking clearly.

Back
Top Bottom