The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Sussex at the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 today, September 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **

It's a beautiful color on Meghan and the fit is perfect.

I have to admit when I viewed the full view photo, I was distracted by other woman's dress. :ohmy::lol:

The color is stunning. And the fit is like a glove on her.:flowers:

Maybe a necklace to add another touch would have taken to next level.

The Duchess of Sussex at the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 today, September 16:

Meghan is very fond of wearing dresses with no straps and has worn them many times. But I think the fit on this dress is just not great for her.

I love the color on her and the print is pretty too.

I have never been a fan of this style but the colour is lovely. Wish she’d worn a necklace or scarf wrap but it’s not her thing.

I like the dress, although at some angles the laser cuts look like the dress is damaged. The overall look looks unfinished, like there needs to be some additional pizzazz elements like 1 or 2 of the following: a necklace, a different hair style, or a more colorful shoe.

ETA:
OK, I figured out what I feel like I am seeing, it looks like a person of modest means borrowed a well-worn dress from a rich friend or relative.

Last edited:
I like the dress, although at some angles the laser cuts look like the dress is damaged. The overall look looks unfinished, like there needs to be some additional pizzazz elements like 1 or 2 of the following: a necklace, a different hair style, or a more colorful shoe.

ETA:
OK, I figured out what I feel like I am seeing, it looks like a person of modest means borrowed a well-worn dress from a rich friend or relative.

The detailing reminded me of the turquoise leather detailing you sometimes see on cowboy boots and once I saw it, that’s all I could see.

The color is stunning. And the fit is like a glove on her.:flowers:

Maybe a necklace to add another touch would have taken to next level.
I would agree with that but, even so, I think less is more in this case. Throughout the IG the paps have been making a big deal pricing everything from her hair to her soles. It distracts from the occasion and is just plain nasty, so I am glad there is not much for them to complain about, and Meghan still looked great in that colour and style.

I am not sure what I think of Meghans outfit for this evenings event for mental health awareness. When I thought it was a dress I liked it, then I thought a cat suit, not so sure but then I realised a trouser suit. I think it is the neck line , it doesn’t go with a trouser suit.

:previous: I agree that if it had been a dress, that the neckline would have been a better look. However I do like that it is tailored and that is an improvement over some recent outfits.

I like the look out of context. If she’d worn it to an LA evening event related to entertainment, like a Netflix premiere or something, I think I’d be fully on board. But this was a day time event, and it was supposed to be a mental health panel discussing serious issues, and this didn’t feel like something anyone would wear to a day at the office. It is out of place compared to the attire of other attendees.

I don't think it's flattering. It's a bulky outfit. The LV dress with a similar neckline she wore to that Kennedy event was sleek and tailored. This pantsuit is just odd. It's too voluminous.

A bit too fashionista for the event. HRHH is right.

It is a similar neckline to that other event, I agree. However, I don’t mind the colour and the pants. And Meghan’s hair and makeup look lovely.

In my opinion it's completely inappropriate outfit for such serious, somber event. It would look better during some coctail or Hollywood event.

I'm going with ill fitting and not absolutely not flattering, in my opinion. The bland color did nothing either.

I'm going with ill fitting and not absolutely not flattering, in my opinion. The bland color did nothing either.

It was like an inappropriate marriage of two outfits, a trouser suit with the top of a cocktail dress stuck on instead of a jacket.

I couldn't agree more!
I suppose it's trendy, but it doesn't suit her. Also, is it just me, or is the blazer a different shade from the rest?

I couldn't agree more!
I suppose it's trendy, but it doesn't suit her. Also, is it just me, or is the blazer a different shade from the rest?

Meghan appears to be very fond of the off-shoulder / strapless look, which doesn't seem to work for her.

I couldn't agree more!

I noticed that too, but put it down to the lighting. It might not be a set though and if it’s separates of different shades of white, that makes it even more bizarre as a choice for a daytime event where everyone else was in business attire.

The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 -

Agreed. The top is dreadful. It’s unflattering and the off the shoulder band is just enormous. Another poster described it as bulky, and IA.

It’s pretty typical Meghan though. She likes monochrome and neutrals. A lot.

It does look like 2 different shades of white.

Last edited:
I noticed that too, but put it down to the lighting. It might not be a set though and if it’s separates of different shades of white, that makes it even more bizarre as a choice for a daytime event where everyone else was in business attire.

I think this is part of the problem ~~ eveningwear being worn at a 13:30 in the afternoon event. It’s even being discussed here on the “Eveningwear thread.”

Inappropriate daytime wear for the event she was attending. Although I've never minded her 'messy hair', this time it was too messy even for me. Make up much too dark. Engagement ring missing. But i loved the necklace.

Looks like a makeup infomercial, certainly inappropriate for 1:30 in the afternoon. too long, the overwhelming width of the top almost reminded me of a straight jacket, which is really not something you should be wearing a mental health day.

Last edited:
I think this is part of the problem ~~ eveningwear being worn at a 13:30 in the afternoon event. It’s even being discussed here on the “Eveningwear thread.”

That was possibly my fault, I mixed myself up with time differences, but I did think she looked dressed for an evening event.

Oh my gosh! Just awful and totally inappropriate for a serious daytime event. :eek: Certainly attention seeking IMHO. She can do much better :ermm:

I agree with the general view that this was a poor choice for the occasion. Her outfit needed to be much more understated so that it didn’t detract from the real talking point of the event.
That apart, from a fashion point of view, it’s only the off the shoulder aspect I didn’t like, I like the ivory shade and general shape of the bodice and trousers. The earrings and necklace are lovely.

Miss match

Looks like a makeup infomercial, certainly inappropriate for 1:30 in the afternoon. too long, the overwhelming width of the top almost reminded me of a straight jacket, which is really not something you should be wearing a mental health day.

Another attention seeking outfit, makeup and hair; awful.
Outfit unflattering, miss matched and inappropriate for the occasion.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom