Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes!! I really liked the steel tiara on her too. And I thought she did well in the four and six button tiaras. They were not bad at all. I was surprised as they are very difficult to wear also.

The pearl version is my favourite I wonder what it would look like as a necklace?

Sofia is wearing the Queen Victoria pearl necklace

According to information officer Ulrika Näsholm from the court, Sofia's necklace and earrings are private. But Svensk Damtidning "knows", that Sofia's necklace is from LWL Jewelry.
Sanningen bakom Sofias överraskande halsband _ Svensk Damtidning
https://media.shootitlive.com/16nBnZefITcEgPcF6WDkqxnaqf4/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/3089

Queen Victoria's pearl choker on Madeleine
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

EDIT: LWL Jewelry confirmed that the necklace is theirs, custommade for Sofia
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrOAeUohCGd/

Last edited:
It's not the same necklace, Queen Victoria's choker has less rows of pears than Sofia's.

Seems odd IMO to have something specially made for you that almost exactly matches an item your family loan out.

Seems odd IMO to have something specially made for you that almost exactly matches an item your family loan out.

And the one shw ears doesn't r3eally close in the back. Perhaps a loan from a Jeweller becuyase Silvia wants not to loan out the other to her.

Princess Sofia looked so good tonight!! I loved that dress. She looked so elegant. The choker looked fantastic with the earrings and tiara. That tiara was in the best position it has been in yet. As for the choker, maybe she just liked the one in the royal collection and wanted one herself, or maybe it was a birthday gift because someone saw her admiring it in the collection. If she owns it, she can wear it anytime she likes as well as keep it with her. Or maybe she wanted more pearls or rows on it. It is a stunning piece of jewelry no matter which one it is. And she needed some sort of pearl necklace to go with her tiara. It was also said that the earrings were personal. I wonder if they were given to her with the choker.

Sofia wears jewels badly. The necklace was not for her , tiara badly placed as often.

Last edited:
The choker is like a cheap replica with these irregular beads and too-long diamond parts.

Love her dress and her jewels! My only complaint would be that she didn't wear the amethyst tiara also. She had the bracelet, brooch, and earrings. She has worn the tiara before. Maybe it was too heavy or awkward for a long dinner. I would imagine her tiara is much more comfortable. Who knows. But I did love the purple stones against that dress.

It's a bit disappointing that she wore her own tiara on both evenings. And as you said, the amethyst tiara would have been good with that gown, which really called for coloured jewels.

It's a bit disappointing that she wore her own tiara on both evenings. And as you said, the amethyst tiara would have been good with that gown, which really called for coloured jewels.

Yes!! I totally agree. ? I am sure there was a reason. She obviously could have worn it since she had the other pieces on. Those neutral gowns all the royal ladies have look so good with different color jewels. It lets them change things up a bit. Very smart!!

I really like every thing about this look, some say that the color of the gown washes her out, for me I think the color illuminates her skin, it seems to make her skin glow. The gown, it is a fairytale gown for a princess which she is now, I really love the gown, sweet, cute, feminine, girly and so pretty, took a lot of time and patience to make that gown with all the detail in it. Yet her hair, not good this time, something on the order of what Victoria had would of been great. Maybe in the future she could put amethyst on top of her tiara for she really looks great in that color, it suits her the best of all colors. In all a very nice look and I really hope to see the gown again someday....or send it to me for I would wear it just for the pleasure of having it! :lol:

I really like every thing about this look, some say that the color of the gown washes her out, for me I think the color illuminates her skin, it seems to make her skin glow. The gown, it is a fairytale gown for a princess which she is now, I really love the gown, sweet, cute, feminine, girly and so pretty, took a lot of time and patience to make that gown with all the detail in it. Yet her hair, not good this time, something on the order of what Victoria had would of been great. Maybe in the future she could put amethyst on top of her tiara for she really looks great in that color, it suits her the best of all colors. In all a very nice look and I really hope to see the gown again someday....or send it to me for I would wear it just for the pleasure of having it! :lol:

I agree! ;) Sofia's dark hair looks good with the neutrals and silvers and grays to me. She can pull them off anyways. All three royal women have just luminous skin! Maybe it is the lighting, but they are consistent. We know that Sofia really pops in reds and bright blues. Her eye color helps her too. I think with her hair, it was more like maybe she wanted to wear it down since she wore it up the night before. Victoria's hair looks absolutely gorgeous up--especially with tiaras. But she wears her hair back or up all the time. Sofia obviously likes wearing her hair down almost daily. Wearing it up is special for her. I think it is more personal preference for each lady. It is also a very long night of festivities--two nights in a row. Comfort and being confident with their looks are key I would think. But I so get what you are saying. So true. Time will tell. I watch all the royals, but I love the Swedish royal ladies because you just never know what they are going to come up with every year. They like to switch up their jewels/tiara/gown games. It is refreshing not to be pinned down to just one look. Just my opinion, of course. But they usually do not disappoint.

Love the amethyst pieces with this dress. The amethyst tiara is a hard one to wear

She designed Princess Sofia's Nobel Necklace
Glossy diamond bracelets, sapphire sprouts and pearl cut gems. Jewelry designer Amanda Weibull Laurell is the diamond expert who guides you right in the jewelery jungle.
Amanda Weibull Laurell has always had a great passion for precious stones. A few years ago, she started the jewelry company LWL Jewelry where she creates unique and tailor-made jewelry according to the needs of their customers. Most recently in the line of celebrities carrying Amanda's creations is Princess Sofia, who at the Nobel Banquet carried a necklace from LWL Jewelry.
- It was an incredible honor for me to make the necklace. I have made it by hand with much love and reflection. The idea was to pick up the pearls that were already in the princess Sofias diadem. It feels incredible to have produced a piece of jewelry that has been worn at the year's most important celebration, says Amanda.
How do you do when designing a piece of jewelry?
"After meeting the customer, I start a sketch on the jewelry to look for diamonds, gems and materials. Some customers already have an existing piece of jewelry, perhaps their grandmother or mother's old wedding ring as they want to revitalize in any way. I buy all raw materials and produce myself which allows me to create exclusive jewelry at not overly expensive prices.
Customer of your dreams?
- Crown Princess Victoria or someone from the Danish royal house. Then I would like to dress the Christian Democrat's Ebba Bush Thor, who is an inspiring and strong woman, although I'm not a Christian Democrat, I think she has made a cool journey within such a traditional party.
Hon designade prinsessan Sofias Nobelhalsband _ SvD Perfect Guide

Sofia had five tiara events and wore her own wedding tiara all five times, with just two of the variations:

The Tiaras of Princess Sofia of Sweden in 2018...

although it is slightly disappointing, Victoria's done the same thing before, so t's not unheard of. I do wish we would have seen the emeralds at least once though. And it is good that she's proud of the tiara that was bought for her.

Sofia had five tiara events and wore her own wedding tiara all five times, with just two of the variations:

although it is slightly disappointing, Victoria's done the same thing before, so t's not unheard of. I do wish we would have seen the emeralds at least once though. And it is good that she's proud of the tiara that was bought for her.

Is it bad to say I don't miss the emeralds :whistling:

They remind me of spearmint candies. Much prefer the diamond version.

I really didn't like the tiara on her wedding. But the new stones, and wearing it more headband style really suits her. It's why the small cut steel suits her well, better then anyone. That headband style works on her.

Is it bad to say I don't miss the emeralds :whistling:

They remind me of spearmint candies. Much prefer the diamond version.

I really didn't like the tiara on her wedding. But the new stones, and wearing it more headband style really suits her. It's why the small cut steel suits her well, better then anyone. That headband style works on her.

I didn't like the emeralds at first, but it looks a lot better on the flexible band now. It looked so much better at the 2017 Nobel Laureates dinner than in 2015.

Since she had debuted her changed own tiara she has only worn these one in it's several versions. I actually was surprised that she got to wear several differnet tiaras from the Family collection so early in her marriage as both Victoria and Madeleine wore the same 2 tiaras for tiara Events after they had started to wear tiaras. But maybe it had to do with the redesign of her Wedding tiara.

Last edited:
This tiara is like sophie Wessex wedding tiara, so much better when reworked. Not just removing the emeralds but making it more headband style. The wreath with the spearmint candy emeralds was horrible. Prefer the diamond version.

This tiara is like sophie Wessex wedding tiara, so much better when reworked. Not just removing the emeralds but making it more headband style. The wreath with the spearmint candy emeralds was horrible. Prefer the diamond version.

I think changing the base of the tiara has made a big difference to it, and made it much more wearable. I like the tiara in all 3 of its "new" versions: with pearls, emeralds and without any toppers.

^^^ I would have to agree. It has become a tiara for all occasions and I have to admire the artistry of the jeweller that turned a somewhat ordinary little tiara into an adjustable piece of magic that is an attractive and enviable tiara in its own right but becomes magical when Sophia wears it.

Back
Top Bottom