Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
149px-Coat_of_arms_of_Princess_Sofia%2C_Duchess_of_V%C3%A4rmland.svg.png

Arms of Princess Sofia of Sweden

Welcome to Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing December 12th, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
This wedding tiara continues to surprise me!! It has turned out to be a very versatile tiara for Sofia. I love the pearls in it. It looks fine without anything but diamonds really and I do like the emeralds. The emeralds have not been worn again since the base seems to have been altered. I think that will make a big difference. We will see. But I love her jewels tonight!!!

The added pearls does wonders for the tiara.

The tiara looks grander with the pearls, now it has more of a traditional royal tiara vibe, but it looks great without pearls or stones, too.

One tiara and three different looks. Talk about versatility. I think I like the last two versions the most.

I never liked the original tiara. It seemed a trend with the 'starter' tiaras of the Swedish royals that they aren't attractive (Victoria's door stopper and Madeleine's cyclops eye looking one). The emeralds on hers remind me of spearmint candies.

But I must say it looks much better with the pearls here, or even without. Much more versatile and flattering tiara for her.

I love Sofia's hair and tiara arrangement. I just saw it on the Fail website and had to come here straightaway pronto to say so.

Wow Princess Sofia seems to be experimenting with her jewels ,the pearls work well so a rather good jewel reinvention.

Love the pearls and diamonds ..I hope she leaves the emeralds in a box.

LaRae

Love the pearls and diamonds ..I hope she leaves the emeralds in a box.

LaRae

I thought the tiara looked lovely. I think the emeralds will probably look fine when worn with the base as it is now. I think the problem was always the previous base, and the way it sat on the head.

I thought the tiara looked lovely. I think the emeralds will probably look fine when worn with the base as it is now. I think the problem was always the previous base, and the way it sat on the head.

I completely agree! I think the main problem with the tiara wasn’t the stones but the base itself. It was tiny. Like a little circlet on her head. Now that the base has been spread out and is possibly a little flexible, it should improve it drastically. This redesigned base, worn with just diamonds and then diamonds and pearls has been the best. Now we need the emeralds to make a showing to see if the redesigned base will improve them as well. I hope so! It has been a lot of fun watching this tiara evolve. We usually don’t see that much. Most tiaras have been around for years. But I think the convertible ones are really clever. I wonder if this one could be a necklace too. Someone mentioned that before. We shall see.

Sorry, no matter what Sofia puts on the tiara, it still does not match the high standard of SRF tiaras and looks like something from a Miss Whatever contest.

Oh lovely! :flowers:
And great to see that a purchased tiara has turned out to be so versatile for her. Truly money well spent.

Sorry, no matter what Sofia puts on the tiara, it still does not match the high standard of SRF tiaras and looks like something from a Miss Whatever contest.

So very true. It isn’t my favorite tiara in the collection. But it was the one the royal family gave her. So she is working with it to make it better I believe. That is all you can do. Got to start somewhere. And she has already had access to the small steel cut, the four and six button, and the amythest tiaras. So it isn’t the only one she has. She will wear it and be associated with it for a long time since it is tied exclusively to her as a new royal bride. And the fact that it was a gift from the King and Queen will always mean it will be around.

Princess Sofia looks beautiful. The best of the whole group.

The small Steel tiara has been her best look IMO. She needs to go back to using that one.

LaRae

I think the alteration to this tiara has certainly made it both look more attractive and gave it greater flexibility. It looked sweet spread out like a halo of diamond snowflakes and the addition of the pearls gives it gravitas, however, I have to agree with pranter that her best look by far was the steel cut tiara. She positively aced it.

Im in two minds, I wasn't a massive fan of the emeralds but it looked IMO a much more significant tiara in its original form. I think it looks a bit more 'teeth like' in this new more open format but the pearls do soften it a little. Would like to see some better, clearer pics of the most recent versions to really be able to form an opinion.
Intrigued that quite soon after receiving a tiara Sofia is playing around with it so much.

Ok looked at this better quality pic http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Nobel+Prize+Banquet+2017+Stockholm+DxZJD-1GeWIx.jpg
still not sure, i want to like it but its just a bit spike like for me TBH

Last edited:
The small Steel tiara has been her best look IMO. She needs to go back to using that one.

LaRae

Totally agree. :flowers: Though I also oddly like the four buttons on her.

Sofia has a way of pulling off tiaras that others cant. Both the small steel and the four button are kind of the ugly ducklings of the royal tiaras, but she looks great in both.

I think the four buttons has been her best tiara performance so far. Funny, I never thought I'd say that in connection to the four buttons... :)

She has worn the Fout Button tiara far better than Madeleine or Victoria ever did. She also wore the Amethyst really well and the Cut Steel was magnificent on her. But I feel like Sofia can wear a variety of tiara shapes, sizes and colors and get away with it.

I think she would look great in the Aquamarine Kokoshnik. She has the blue eyes and dark hair that seems to make that tiara shine just a little bit extra. I would also like to see her in the ruby tiara. It's a tricky on, in many aspects, but she might be able to pull it off.

I am certain now Sofia's tiara has been reset/reconfigured. The pearls looks great!

I would love to see the tiara with the emeralds now - the tiara sits so much better on her head. It has a halo effect now

Emeralds are my favourite stones.... but I must say the look with pearls is very nice !

Stunning new look with her tiara. And she read my mind to stop with that severe part down her head with a tiara on top. This look is much softer on her, so pretty.

Fabuloso glorioso! Very beautifil, very regal!

Back
Top Bottom