Family news and pictures thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Crown Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja at the inauguration of Oslos new bishop, Ole Christian Kvarme at Oslo cathedral

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 437
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 528
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
More still from colourpress,
Is there some brown in her suit since she is wearing brown shoes and glows...
No doubt Sonja forced the hat on her, Im sure she would have not worn a hat had Sonja not been there;)

Here is Kvarmes first ceremon as bishop of Oslo, its in Norwegian, he was previously bishop of Borg, he was invested by the Norwegian Preses among the bishops, the Bishop in Nidaros Finn Wagle. Kvarme is now officially the royal famiys pastor, and if everything goes well he will christen Märtha Louises and Aris 2. child in the summer.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article1008166.ece

The new bishop is controvertial because he has said that he will not appoint openly gay as priest, but has also said that it is his intention to be the bishop for everyone....

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 343
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 467
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 385
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 517
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Larzen said:
More still from colourpress,
Is there some brown in her suit since she is wearing brown shoes and glows...
No doubt Sonja forced the hat on her, Im sure she would have not worn a hat had Sonja not been there;)

doesn't she normally wear hats for this kind of events, larzen?

carlota said:
doesn't she normally wear hats for this kind of events, larzen?

I depends on what you mean, it is her and Haakons first inaguration of a bishop so there is no presedence. The last times she and Haakon went to church, for the former bishop of Oslos last service, and some weeks later for a church jubilee she did not wear a hat. She did wear a "hat\earmuff thing" for the Tsunami memorial where she attended alone, but that day it was declared courtmourning because of the funeral of Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte so maybe it was an exception. She never wears hats for normal engagement like Maxima and Mary sometimes does, but puts one on for very formal engagements like national day, state visits and funerals and weddings abroad.

Two times she has attended Nobel, Queen sonja was not there and she did not wear a hat, one time (very pregnant) Sonja was there and she wore a (ugly) hat.

I dont know if that answers your questions, I think she usually wears ugly hats and usually looks uncomftarble wearing them, so I dont mind her not wearing it, better not wear one than wearing something stupid like a dead bird or wires sticking out of your head:rolleyes: . Todays hat looks nice enough and I guess occation appropriate

One more picture from NRK, and two from nettavisen

Attachments

• nrk.jpg
    nrk.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Todays hat looks nice enough and I guess occation appropriate

I agree. She is a devoted Philip Treacy client.:p

Thank you Larzen for the photos. I'm not liking Mette-Marit's hat on this occasion. While it doesn't look like a "dead bird or wires sticking out of [her] head" :)p) I don't think it suits her. The rest of the outfit (except the brown shoes) looks nice.

MM looks great and so natural.I don't see why that would be controversial. After all he is a Christian priest.
Larzen said:
The new bishop is controvertial because he has said that he will not appoint openly gay as priest, but has also said that it is his intention to be the bishop for everyone....

I like Mette-Marit's hat. It's not one of those really wide hats that completely covers her face.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article370451.ece

Haakon will be protector of this years TV money collection. This year the money will go to FOKUS - Forum for women and education questions. The money will be used on women that suffer from domestick violence, women living in countries where there is war, against sercumsition,trafficking and human trade in Asia, Africa, the Middel east and South East Europe

Im a little suprised that Haakon will do this since Mette-Marit is patron of FOKUS, but she was patron of the last two TV auctions though.

Also some pictures from nettavisen and dagbladet from recent events
1 Good bye Service for Bishop Gunnar Stålsett
2 and 3 Holmenkollen
4-7 Haakon had forgotten money during the service for the new bishop of Oslo, but got some from one of his aides, the Queen and Mette-Marit kept thei money ready for the collection

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 427
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 420
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 414
This thread is reserved for new news and pictures of events and occasions attended by several members of the Norwegian Royal Family. Extra special events, such as May 17, will get their own threads, as deemed necessary.

Remember that pictures in this thread don't need to be reposted to individual threads.

Have fun!

Crown Prince Haakon (Crown Prince Regent at these times) Queen Sonja today opened today a new national centre called Wergeland House in Eidsvoll. The house will make room for education and exhibitions about Norwegian history and the demands of democracy. The official ceremony took place in the same room as the Norwegian constitution was signed in 1814. Around 3 000 school kids met the royals and their hosts with flags and cheers. From ANB, NRK & Romerikes Blad.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 3619943892_598536g.jpg
    3619943892_598536g.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 378
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 330
  • 480561.jpeg
    480561.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 423
The agenda for the rest of june so far. There might be changes and additions

Very Busy program for the Queen, not exactly what the Doctors ordered...

CP Haakon embarks the Royal yacht. That means that he kicks of the part of the year whn the yacht is used. He will inspect the ship and the crew

CP Haakon presides state council

CP Haakon is present for the opening of the university of environment and bioscience at Ås
Norwegian page http://www.umb.no/
English page http://www.umb.no/?avd=30

12.00 CP Haakon and Queen Sonja give an audience to the winner of the Abel Prize Read about it in English here
http://www.abelprisen.no/en/

CP Haakon and Queen Sonja is present wen the Abel Prize is handed out

Queen Sonja is present at the banquet (usually black tie) for the winner of the Abel prize at Akershus castle

Princess Astrid visit Bæreia Kongsvinger. AFAI understnad a place for veterans and their familys to meet and exchange experiences with war

Papers to look for pictures
http://www.glomdalen.no/

CP Haakon and CPss Mette-Marit open festspillene in Bergen. Its several days of entertainment and theatre, shows etc. The King is High Protector for this event, but it was decided before he got sick that Haakon and MM would attend this year. Always alot of people and very good mood

Their page in english
http://www.fib.no/index.php
Papers to look for pictures from this event
www.bt.no
www.ba.no

10.00 Queen Sonja is present for the conferance European Cities Against Drugs at hotel Bristol, Oslo

Queen Sonja is present for the Tine relay. Its a yearly even t organized by the biggest milk producer in Norway wher schoolclases makes team and run...

Haakon preside the state council

The Queen visit Stockholm to open the exhibition Queen Astrid 100 years. Will other royals attend this event?

Queen Sonja is present at the National Theatre to open the exhibition "Kiss the Frog"

30.05-01.05
CP Haakon and Cpss Mette-Marit visit Poland

Can't Princess Astrid and Martha-Louise help out?

Alisa said:
Can't Princess Astrid and Martha-Louise help out?

Princess Astrid is helping out. She's on the programme.

Princess Märtha Louise is on maternity leave.

Thanks for the programme,Larzen.So busy for the Royal Family.The King and Princess Martha Louise can not undertake engagements now so very busy for the Crown Princely Couple,The Queen and Princess Astrid.Especially The Queen,she has 3 engagements in 3 day's time!Lots!

Busy days for Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner

30.05-01.06 Crown Prince Regent Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit visit Poland, they will travel with a rather large business delgation.

01.06 The Queen is Present for a concert with the St. Olaf Choirs

03.06 Crown Prince Regent Haakon preside state council

03.06 Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner is Presen tfor the 100 anniversary of Frederikstad sanitesforening

04.06 The Queen is present for the opening of "open Castle" at Oscarshall castle, Oslo

04.06 Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner opens a memorial exhibition about Halvor Sandø, Namsos

06.06 The Crown Prince Couple is present for a reception at the swedish ambassy to mark their nationalday

07.06 The King resumes his duties as Regent:) :)

07.06 at 10.30 King and Queen And Crown Prince couple is present for the solemn memorial in Stortinget for the centennial celebration

07.06 at 19.20 The King, Queen , CP Haakon, CPss Mette-Marit, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid is present for Stortingets concert to mark 100 years without the Swedes:D, The concert will be shown live on TV2. Then everyone except the King is listed for the same enagement again at 21.00, but I guess that means that the King will just be there for the first part

Im happy we will have some new pictures of Märtha Louise, we have hardly seen any since the birth of Lea Isadora. Hopefully she will also take part in the Swedish royal couples visit on 10-11.06. Princess Ragnhilds husband has said that they will take part, and Princess Astrid also so it would be nice if the intired family could be there

Last edited:
is the concert a gala event? will we see them all dressed in long? :p

The royal family has quit all of their 102 protectorates. They're doing a re-evaluation of how many they can take on, and will take new applications after the evaluation.

The King has been the protector of 42 organisations for the past years, and the Queen has 18. I think it is a matter of cutting down some of the work-load for them, and maybe evening it out a little bit. They're not as young as they once were, and both of them have struggled with health problems in the past years.

It may also give new organizations a chance to get royal protectors.

Nelson Mandela and his wife Graça Machel had an audience with the King today, Haakon, Mette-Marit and the Queen was there for the group picture. On saturday Mette-Marit will attend the 46664 Mandela concert in Tromsø

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=280343
from cover.es and anb.no

Attachments

• mandela.jpg
    mandela.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 346
  • CAZEPO57.jpg
    CAZEPO57.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 476
  • CA3I6TVZ.jpg
    CA3I6TVZ.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Nelson Mandela (3rd L) and his wife Graca Machel (3rd R) meet the Norwegian royal family in the Royal Castle in Oslo June 9, 2005. The Mandelas are in Norway to attend the '46664 Arctic' concert in Tromso, northern Norway, on June 10.

Attachments

• norway.jpg
    norway.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 436
  • mandelanorpic.jpg
    mandelanorpic.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 478
Agenda after the swedish visit, there might be changes and additions

June 11
20.00 Mette-Marit attend the Mandela 46664 concert in Tromsø

June 12
11.00 The King, Queen and Haakon attend Sunday Service in Oslo Cathdral
11.00 Mette-Mairt attend Sunday Service in Tromsdalen church Tromsø

June 13
13.15 The King have audience and Lunch with the President of Germany
13.30 Mette-Marit opens the new "Lærings og mestrings senteret":confused: at Oslo University hospital

June 15
09.00 Haakon attend the HSH conferance in Oslo
12.00 Haakon inspects the Kings guard at Guard military camp, Huseby
14.15 Haakon puts down the first stone for a new military building at Akershus

June 16
12.00 Christening of Leah Isadora Behn

June 17
11.00 The King presides state council
15.30 The King and Queen hosts a reception for honorary consules

June 18-19
The King and Queen visit Bergen

June 23
17.30 The Queen opens a new visitorcenter at Borgund stavkirke (a church)
17.30 Haakon is present for Norwegian Marchingbands Associations (very liberal translation) festival

June 24
The King presides state council

Last edited:
does anybody know anything about the visit that Haakon and Mette-Marit may or may not pay to the US? I can't find anything about it. Now that she's pregnant they may not come, but in case they do, I'd like to be prepared. All I know is they are supposed to come to the midwest?

And i also heard about their going to the United Kingdom with the King and the Queen on the Official Visit in October?

GömdNatt said:
does anybody know anything about the visit that Haakon and Mette-Marit may or may not pay to the US? I can't find anything about it. Now that she's pregnant they may not come, but in case they do, I'd like to be prepared. All I know is they are supposed to come to the midwest?

I think that it may be postponed. Mette-Marit won't be making the flight across the Atlantic at least, I'm fairly certain.

can't wait until leah isadora's christening!!! :)

norwegianne said:
I think that it may be postponed. Mette-Marit won't be making the flight across the Atlantic at least, I'm fairly certain.

well, if it was planned for soon they could probably go. maxima went to kenia and uganda being pregnant and so did mary (thailand) and letizia (japan) in their very first months of pregnancy so if it was planned for soon they will probably go... idon't think there will be any problem with mm's pregnancy.

Last edited:
can't wait until leah isadora's christening!!! :)
Yes, just imagine all the crazy/ugly hats we`ll get to see:D , and I wonder what Pia Haraldsen will delight us with:eek:

The USA visit was AFAI can remember planned for end of October beginning of November, she cant make a trans-atlantic plane trip and a 10-14 days trip at that stage in her pregnancy

She has also been to Poland at about the same pregnancy stage as Letizia (Japan) and mary (Thailand\japan)

Last edited:
carlota said:
well, if it was planned for soon they could probably go. maxima went to kenia and uganda being pregnant and so did mary (thailand) and letizia (japan) in their very first months of pregnancy so if it was planned for soon they will probably go... idon't think there will be any problem with mm's pregnancy.

It really depends on the woman and the pregnancy as each pregnancy is different for the same woman.

Mary, Maxima and Letizia travelled to other nations in the early stages of their pregnancy (and in Maxima's case, mid-pregnancy, too), but that doesn't mean it's the standard for pregnant women.

In Mette-Marit's case travelling might not be recommended for her for several reasons, including the fact that her second pregnancy had to be announced early because she was suffering from severe morning sickness. Also, given Mette-Marit's fear of flying (which may or may not be completely treated), while pregnant her fear may have returned or her anxiety over flying increased.

Mette-Marit and the royal court should ultimately let the Crown Princess decide if she feels she can go and not make her go just because other princesses have travelled early in their pregnancy. The health of Mette-Marit and the baby is ultimately what's most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom