Archduke Alexander of Austria and Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch, 30 Sep. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious as to whether the invitation labeled her as Countess given her disputed or questionable ancestry.

I'm curious as to whether the invitation labeled her as Countess given her disputed or questionable ancestry.

It bears mentioning that even if she had a legitimate-male-line ancestor who was unquestionably created a Count by a Russian emperor, that would not make her a Countess herself. The Russian nobility was abolished by the Bolshevik government in November 1917. None of the succeeding governments since the fall of Communism have rehabilitated it.

Considering her husband the archduke's family comes from a non-disputed royal line, and yet has no tiara for a bride to wear don't know what that proves :ermm:

Carl Christian's daughters/in law have had to borrow from Luxembourg.

Russian noble family could have 1. either lost it during revolution 2.sold it after revolution 3. it been inherited by another line like why Carl Christian does not have one, because his mother's was inherited by his older brother.

Like Kathleen she is clearly wearing a headpiece of some kind, just not a tiars.

Actually there is a tiara in this branch of the Family. The peacock tiara of Archduchess Yolande which was worn by both of Carl Christian's sister and his sister-in-law and several daughter-in-laws of his older brother.

But if their mother's tiara was inherited by Christian's older brother rather than himself as Countessmeout said, then it would be fair to say that Christian's (to my knowledge he does not use the name Carl) branch of the family does not have one.

As for the change of location: Though the much-circulated article was petty and personal in its tone, I did not detect any suggestion in it that the writer wanted to stalk the bride or photobomb the wedding (and even in that hypothetical case, on-site security surely could take care of a stalker or two). The theories about saving costs and/or wanting to be close to the groom's grandmother who was nearing the end of her life seem more plausible explanations for the switch.

As for the change of location: Though the much-circulated article was petty and personal in its tone, I did not detect any suggestion in it that the writer wanted to stalk the bride or photobomb the wedding (and even in that hypothetical case, on-site security surely could take care of a stalker or two). The theories about saving costs and/or wanting to be close to the groom's grandmother who was nearing the end of her life seem more plausible explanations for the switch.

The groom's grandmother health may also have been an explanation to the relocation, but there was a public website for the wedding when it was to take place in Mortreux, and it was shut down a few days after the campaign against the bride had begun. So it is very difficult to assert there is absolutely no link between the campaign and the relocation.

I find the discussion around the bride’s title quite amusing. The groom himself is using a title from a republic. The Habsburg’s reign ended in 1918, over 100 years ago! You could say that they are also using a pretend title.

I find the discussion around the bride’s title quite amusing. The groom himself is using a title from a republic. The Habsburg’s reign ended in 1918, over 100 years ago! You could say that they are also using a pretend title.
Well to be fair, there is a section on the forums about questionable titles so it what it is. No one is saying she’s less worthy of marrying Alexander because she’s not noble, but claiming to be a noble or creating stories about having a title isn’t necessary. The Habsburgs may not be a ruling family now, but most people know that they were at one point a ruling family so comparing a formerly ruling family to a person who is claiming to noble pretensions is a bit off.

Posts about bodyparts, Tessy de Nassau, unsourced and unverifiable 'I am told that ...' and finally repetitive and agenda-driven posts about the bride and her family have been removed, as well as responses to these posts.

The point about the family of the bride erronously claiming a title been made over and over again. Posters will understand the argumentation without repeating it ad nauseam and without adding other malicious remarks, insinuations and speculation. This is not the right thread to continue this title discussion in. Please move on.

Last edited:
I like Natacha's wedding bouquet. Though there are no brightly colored flowers, it is a distinguished arrangement.

Back
Top Bottom