Archduke Alexander of Austria and Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch, 30 Sep. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

I agree that the campaign online was and is vindictive. But out of curiosity: how does that relate to the change of location? Did anybody talk about this?

On "Shutterstock" there are more photos:
One is of Priscilla Habsbourg (born 1979) with her husband? Fiancee? . She looks wonderful in a blue long gown and her Partner is Hot!
Also Josef Liechtenstein attended (obviously again without "Cloclo")
And the Prince of Nassau (Wenzeslaus?) with his wife Katryn Mechie (looks pregnant IMO)
And Pelagie de Mac Mahon with new husband (looks also pregnant IMO)

:previous:

I agree that the campaign online was and is vindictive. But out of curiosity: how does that relate to the change of location? Did anybody talk about this?

Maybe Beloeil was thought more easy to protect against campaigners, if someone wanted to demonstrate against the new Archduchess.

And the Prince of Nassau (Wenzeslaus?) with his wife Katryn Mechie (looks pregnant IMO)
The Prince of Nassau is Constantin (eldest son of Jean and Hélène).
Pelagie of Bourbon-Parma is definitely pregnant https://histoiresroyales.fr/princes...-revele-grossesse-mariage-archiduc-alexander/

And in another picture, (the 9th of this gallery)
Archduchess Adelaide can be seen holding a baby. They might have had their fourth child, but there's no official information about it

Both of the groom' s sisters attended with their husbands:
You can see Gabriella, Marie Christine and Rudolph (next to MC) in the photos where the happy couple leaves the church. They are on the right side.

One is of Priscilla Habsbourg (born 1979) with her husband? Fiancee? . She looks wonderful in a blue long gown and her Partner is Hot!

Thanks for the tip! I believe they can be found here: https://www.shutterstock.com/nl/editorial/sets/14133112

The hereditary prince de Ligne is accompanied by a misidentified lady. Is it known who she is?

https://www.shutterstock.com/nl/edi...rleans-braganza-her-brother-prince-14133112br

Sancia said:
Maybe Beloeil was thought more easy to protect against campaigners, if someone wanted to demonstrate against the new Archduchess.

I hope nobody would be crazy enough to do that. Spreading venom anonimously is very different than doing it in person. The church is located in the village and onlookers can be seen on some photos.

Last edited:
I hope nobody would be crazy enough to do that. Spreading venom anonimously is very different than doing it in person. The church is located in the village and onlookers can be seen on some photos.

I also hope, but I didn't find another explanation to the wedding relocation. The bride's family lives in Switzerland, so does the groom's one, so that the inital venue was logical. And the wedding has been relocated only after the campaign against the bride.

Last edited:
On May 18th it was annonced Wedding on September 30th at the Sacre Coeur Church in Montreux folowed by a reception at the Fairman Palace along the Leman Lake.
All has been changed , the wedding took place in the small village of Beloeil and afterwards in the de Ligne Castle
But why these change from Switserland to Belgium ??

Wow. Queen Mathilde was there as well.

In the first photo you can see Imre holding his newborn baby boy Karl. It seems Adelaide and Christoph's baby was born only a couple of months before Karl.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx3dCxUN6mB/?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==

Why "obviously"? What am I missing?
I don' t see a reason why she shouldn' t accompany him. Kathleen and Adelaide also have babies but they were there.
It' s just my opinion. Josef is always photographed without her.

The sudden change in venue, could it not be because the funeral of Archduchess Yolande was held at the same church, the Eglise Saint Pierre?

The sudden change in venue, could it not be because the funeral of Archduchess Yolande was held at the same church, the Eglise Saint Pierre?

No, the change was decided months ago, in June or July.

Maybe his grandmother was living in Belgium and they wanted to give her a chance to attend so they changed the venue. But in the end she could not make it.

If you scroll down on shutterstock there is a new photo. It shows a heavily pregnant young Lady in a wine red dress together with three gentlemen. Anyone know who they are?

The Palace of Beloeil, seat of the Princes de Ligne, is absolutely beautiful, especially by night. It's not for nothing that it's nicknamed "the Belgian Versailles".;)

Marie Christine might be pregnant as well. In that photo where she is seen applauding the happy couple during leaving the church there might be a belly hidden by her clutch.

Last edited:
The Palace of Beloeil, seat of the Princes de Ligne, is absolutely beautiful, especially by night. It's not for nothing that it's nicknamed "the Belgian Versailles".;)

It is a beautiful place indeed. But it is in dire need of a renovation. I was there not so long ago and it is clear the family does not have the funds for the up-keep. Especially the garden was a sorry sight. They call themselves indeed the Belgian Versailles for marketing purposes, but in Belgium Laeken is far more impressive. It is charming of course that the castle is still family owned and they had an excellent lunch menu.

Last edited:

There must have been an evening reception because I can imagine Priscilla with that beautiful dress there. She would have been way to overdressed with that gown for the church wedding.
I think some of the photos are from the reception.

It is a beautiful place indeed. But it is in dire need of a renovation. I was there not so long ago and it is clear the family does not have the funds for the up-keep. Especially the garden was a sorry sight. They call themselves indeed the Belgian Versailles for marketing purposes, but in Belgium Laeken is far more impressive. It is charming of course that the castle is still family owned and they had an excellent lunch menu.

Oh, that makes me sad!: I hope they are able to keep beautiful Beloiel as a privately owned family Palace.

Where did you read about the luncheon menu?

No, Kathleen wore a pearl circlet.

Given the bride's family claim that they are of an established comital line, I would think they'd have their own tiara, like HGD Stephanie's family the Lannoy of Belgium.:whistling:

Considering her husband the archduke's family comes from a non-disputed royal line, and yet has no tiara for a bride to wear don't know what that proves :ermm:

Carl Christian's daughters/in law have had to borrow from Luxembourg.

Russian noble family could have 1. either lost it during revolution 2.sold it after revolution 3. it been inherited by another line like why Carl Christian does not have one, because his mother's was inherited by his older brother.

Like Kathleen she is clearly wearing a headpiece of some kind, just not a tiars.

So many Royal couples brought their little ones to the wedding, I am surprised that Guillaume and Stephanie didn't at least bring Charles?

Considering her husband the archduke's family comes from a non-disputed royal line, and yet has no tiara for a bride to wear don't know what that proves :ermm:

Carl Christian's daughters/in law have had to borrow from Luxembourg.
Actually there is a tiara in this branch of the Family. The peacock tiara of Archduchess Yolande which was worn by both of Carl Christian's sister and his sister-in-law and several daughter-in-laws of his older brother.

Thanks for the tip! I believe they can be found here: https://www.shutterstock.com/nl/editorial/sets/14133112

The hereditary prince de Ligne is accompanied by a misidentified lady. Is it known who she is?

https://www.shutterstock.com/nl/edi...rleans-braganza-her-brother-prince-14133112br

If this was the case and I HIGHLY doubt this was the case, Alexander and Natacha wouldn’t have invited multiple press to the wedding and allowed the wedding date and location to be known. The wedding date also wouldn’t be published in the bulletin and newspapers in advance.

They knew people would come to the Church, there were barricades for royal onlookers and photographers.

My guess is it came down to money. I’m sure they were able to rent the Chateau de Beloeil Orangerie for a discounted rate, if not almost free, if not free. The original plan was Fairmont Montreux which is A LOT of money for their cheapest menu option, I know because I also considered them for a venue. Basing this just on photos from guests, there were at least 150-200 people for the reception and not the ceremony. From what I could remember it was almost 50,000 CHF when I asked for my wedding for the bottom tier menu for around the same guest count and it goes to 100,000+ for the top tier and additional items you can add. And basing this also from guests photos and what one of the vendors posted of the reception, the wedding Alexander and Natacha ended up having did not look to cost 50,000+, maybe 10-15,000.

I would post the photo of the reception from one of the vendors but I forget which account I took the screenshot from and it will be removed anyways.

Basically a long table/head table with white table cloth and then round tables with white table cloths surrounding the long table/head table. I don’t even think there were centrepieces, if there were, it was very small and red lightning. The Church also had minimal flowers. Natacha is an events planner. It just looked bland to me, but who cares, it’s not my wedding.

This isn’t to make fun of their wedding. I just simply wanted to state that in my opinion, the wedding location changed to Château de Beloeil because of costs.

I would post the photo of the reception from one of the vendors but I forget which account I took the screenshot from and it will be removed anyways.

Basically a long table/head table with white table cloth and then round tables with white table cloths surrounding the long table/head table. I don’t even think there were centrepieces, if there were, it was very small and red lightning. The Church also had minimal flowers. Natacha is an events planner. It just looked bland to me, but who cares, it’s not my wedding.

This isn’t to make fun of their wedding. I just simply wanted to state that in my opinion, the wedding location changed to Château de Beloeil because of costs.

I never knew much about that family and never heard of that beautiful castle. Thanks to all for the information. I checked it on the internet and it is just 3 hours car drive away from where I live, but still too far to go for a visit.
It belongs to the family de Ligne, but you can visit and rent it.

Château de Belœil - Le Versailles belge

I guess many families who own castles but are not rich enough to maintain the upkeep themselves, are renting it for various purposes, which is a good idea IMO.

Back
Top Bottom