Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earliest a wedding will take place will be July. Oh yes you are welcome Yennie and you are sweet too for constantly posting news and photographs of the Royal Family.

Does anyone know where Princess Madeleine and Jonas are on holiday and Prince Carl Philip and Emma?

BTW Happy New Year to everyone here!

Last edited:
I'm getting giddy with excitement at the prospect of an imminent engagement.:flowers:

You are not the only one, Alisa!:D

An official announcement for a royal wedding would be a great way to begin this year!!!

Well, I for one hope there is no engagement coming up. Of course I want Victoria to be happy, but I don't think Daniel is the guy for her.

I'll be glad when something, anything is announced. :rolleyes:

Why on earth should Victoria abdicate? :ohmy:
Daniel is not a criminal, hasn't got a terrible past, isn't connected with 'suspicious' people, so why would Victoria abdicate in order to marry him? :ermm:

mixer2002de said:
Maybe because he would fell uncomfortable as prince consort?
I dont think she should abdicate because of him. Imo he better get use to the whole thing or find a new girlfriend :)
But I dont think he couldnt learn to live with it, I´m sure he will learn just like so may other prince consorts and princesses have done!

I don't think Daniel would mind being in is wife's shadow if they marry.

Daniel is the perfect price consort. He has been trained for nearly 5 years now, he does notmind being number two, is not interested in the limelight and surely he loves his girl,,, all his bodytalk tells that. Let us give them all the blessing there is:flowers:

Upcoming engagement

Since most of the posters (me too) seem to expect an engagement soon (I count on mid or end of January!) we could start to speculate about what f.i. Victoria will wear or whether she will put up her hair or keep it long and open. I´m sure she will NOT wear a pantsuit because as she´s the crownprincess she will come along a bit more conservative. Maybe the dress will have the swedish colours or so. And what about the engagement-ring. How will it look like?

Perhaphs one will come about February or March?

Gita said:
Perhaphs one will come about February or March?
I think IF there'll be an engagement this year the Royal House will announce it after the big birthdaycelebrations of King Harald in Norway in late February.
So in March or April...

No matter what one thinks of Daniel, I personally think it's better to explain why we like or don't like someone so much. We all have different taste and preferences... Victoria may think Daniel is drop-dead-gorgeous, while others don't.

Engagement-wise, my personal guess or hunch is that nothing will happen until next autumn/winter. But hey, they may surprise us all and do it when we least expect it! Maybe Danne popped the question in Italy recently! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have the couple been dating?

I think they been dating for 5 years? I'm not sure.

Maybe Westling is to scared to ask Gustav for Victoria's hand... Just a thought.

Daniel and Victoria first met in 2002. They are dating for about four and a half years.

I hope they get married in a future, it seems he doesn't want to "shine" on public, he's letting Victoria to do that, she will be Queen. They look good together, and I hope soon we have an announcement. Following the example of Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, and Norway, I think Daniel could be a good prince consort.

:)

I would want to wish them all the best - they would make a great couple and I hope that it will be announced soon.

Happy new year to all.

sugar

How would everyone feel if Victoria never got married? Would you see it as shirking her duty to produce an heir for Sweden, or would you see it her choosing to devote herself entirely to Sweden? I really don't see it as a bad thing if she doesn't get married (to Daniel anyway). I'd also like to see Carl Philip as heir presumptive (if not heir apparent) one day. I still think it was wrong to enact equal primogeniture retroactively.

btsnyder said:
How would everyone feel if Victoria never got married? Would you see it as shirking her duty to produce an heir for Sweden, or would you see it her choosing to devote herself entirely to Sweden? I really don't see it as a bad thing if she doesn't get married (to Daniel anyway). I'd also like to see Carl Philip as heir presumptive (if not heir apparent) one day. I still think it was wrong to enact equal primogeniture retroactively.

I wouldnt be surprised if Victoria never marries. thats not a shirking of duties. Its far better for Sweden if the throne goes to CP and his kids than if Queen Victoria were to be unhappily married and possibly divorced. Victoria should only marry if and when she meets the right person, not to produce an heir.

pollyemma said:
I wouldnt be surprised if Victoria never marries. thats not a shirking of duties. Its far better for Sweden if the throne goes to CP and his kids than if Queen Victoria were to be unhappily married and possibly divorced. Victoria should only marry if and when she meets the right person, not to produce an heir.

I agree! But I really don't get why everyone is so concerned about when or if she'll get married. I'm not totally sure I would have to check but Felipe, Philippe, Willem, and Frederik were well into their thirties when they got married, weren't they? Late thirties for Philippe and Fred I believe. Whereas Willem and Felipe were in their mid-thirties. And Charles was getting up there as well when he married Diana. I think Haakon is actually the one that has gotten married at the youngest age in recent years. I think he was 28, maybe. I fail to see the rush. But I do realize that the anticipation must be hard for Sweden as she has dated Daniel for a very longtime.

Last edited:
Aurora810 said:
I agree! But I really don't get why everyone is so concerned about when or if she'll get married. I'm not totally sure I would have to check but Felipe, Philippe, Willem, and Frederik were well into their thirties when they got married, weren't they? Late thirties for Philippe and Fred I believe. Whereas Willem and Felipe were in their mid-thirties. And Charles was getting up there as well when he married Diana. I think Haakon is actually the one that has gotten married at the youngest age in recent years. I think he was 28, maybe. I fail to see the rush. But I do realize that the anticipation must be hard for Sweden as she has dated Daniel for a very longtime.
True. But Victoria is a girl, and if she just marries in her late thirties it will be a lot harder to get children...

Women have children well into their thirties even their forties. I understand the risks of things happening and things not going right increases after 40. But look around: Letizia, Mathilde, Mary, Mette-Marit, and Maxima even Queen Rania all mid-thirties and giving birth in recent years and 3 of those just listed are about to give birth again. Victoria still has plenty of time. I think she'll marry within the next 2-4 years. And have an heir relatively quickly after getting married.

When she turns 35 and doesn't even have a possiblity of getting married that's when it seems more appropriate to worry. I just don't think her biological clock is ticking that loudly yet.

I really think that the reason this is becoming such an issue really doesn't have much to do with her age it has more to do with the length of time she's dated Daniel. People are I'm sure wondering and getting anxious for something to happen since it seems that 5 years of dating someone is plenty.

Sidenote: It would be something if her and Daniel break up after over 5 years of dating and then she quickly meets and marries someone else. Quickly being like 8-12 months. I think that would be quick considering the length of her current relationship.

I was getting a little curious about other current Queens and their ages when they married and had children. Silvia was 32 and had Victoria at age 33. So there's likely not too much pressure on Victoria at the moment at least not from her parents.

Also Queen Sonja was 31 and didn't have Martha-Louise until she was 34. Queen Beatrix and Queen Margrethe were both later twenties(28 and 27 respectively) and quickly had kids. Queen Sophia was 23 and had Elena at 24. Both Queen Elizabeth and Queen Paola were 21 and quickly had kids the following year.

Just some fun little info!!

Last edited:
Aurora810 said:
Sidenote: It would be something if her and Daniel break up after over 5 years of dating and then she quickly meets and marries someone else. Quickly being like 8-12 months. I think that would be quick considering the length of her current relationship.

that is sort of what happened with Felipe and Letizia isn't it? he had been with Eva Sannum for ages before the break up, but then he and Letizia became engaged within months of starting their relationship.

so there is a precedent.

My auntie got married at 20 but had no children as she was never able to conceive then guess what happened more than twenty years later? At the age of 42 she had twins! The twins were conceived naturally and they are both perfectly healthy so it was a shock to my auntie.

I do agree with what people are saying that in general it is unwise to have children past the age of 40 but I doubt Crown Princess Victoria is worried just yet, she has plenty of time left, like it was said her Mother had Crown Princess Victoria at 33 and Princess Madeleine was not born until Queen Silvia was 38. Who knows may be she has already been checked out medically? Not as if it is any of our business anyway.

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
that is sort of what happened with Felipe and Letizia isn't it? he had been with Eva Sannum for ages before the break up, but then he and Letizia became engaged within months of starting their relationship.

so there is a precedent.

Exactly, it can certainly happen. I've seen it happen many times just with people around me. Because what ends up going on is that the couple gets really comfortable with one another and they tend to ignore some of the problems that might exist. But at a certain point they finally realize they must not ignore the problems any longer and they evaluate their relationship and then realize they should part. Then low and behold Mr. Right or Ms. Right comes out of nowhere soon after.:wub:

I think turning 30 is possibly going to cause Victoria to evaluate some things so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Victoria and her future children

The comparison with Victoria having future children and her mother having children is a little lame. Silvia is "only" the wife of the king but Victoria has to become Queen and her husband will be Prince consort. I´m sure Victoria after a possible marriage wants to have some time to bring her children up before getting the responsibility of a reigning Queen. Both Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Margrethe of Denmark appeard not to have been good mothers what was even confirmed by Queen Margrethe.
So I wouldn´t say Victoria has that much time left to marry and rise children. In the Netherlands in my opinion Queen Beatrix still has to reign some more years until the little ones of W.A. and Maxima are in a proper age to take over. Her mother abdicated at the age of 71 so this would be in two years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom