Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't hear anything about the possibility UK's State Visit could be cancelled, the visit has been announced already. Gibraltar has to make some noise every year, I doubt there will be any problem with the visit to UK, I really think this visit is good for them now with the brexit, in Spain also live a lot of brits so both countries are not interested in having a bad relation between them.

About Willem-Alexander b-day, I've read the dinner with royalty will be on April 29th, if the dinner is that day Felipe and Letizia are not going to attend for sure or I think so, it's Sofía's 10th birthday. King Harald b-day, I have doubts for two reasons, the dinner is in May and that month is Sofía's communion and maybe Queen Letizia's cooperation trip to Senegal.

Japan's tiara: I vote for Ansorena Princess.

Nevertheless, Queen Sofia hasn't worn her ruby tiara in an official event for quite some time now, has she ? If she is going to leave one of her tiaras to one of her daughters, I'd say the rubies are a likely candidate. One of the infantas may also inherit the Mellerio shell, but that is speculative.
Yes, one of her children will finally inherit this jewel. As the rubies have no long family history, there is the possibility that they'll go to one of her daughters. Not to forget that they make a gorgeous necklace as well, so they can be worn by women without tiara events as well.

But I don't think that Queen Sofia will share them during her lifetime, so it seems very unlikely that Queen Letizia will wear them today. So here we are back on topic: I'm looking forward to tonight and I hope to see Princess Masako with her pearl sunburst parure tonight as well. Let's also hope that some of the Mikasa and Takamado Princesses will be seen as well.

If I have place a bet for Queen Letizia, the floral tiara seems the safest bet. But if I felt like gambling, I'd place my money on the Mellerio shell tiara.

I stand on my bet for the Mellerio Shell on Letizia for the State Dinner in Japan ;)

I stand on my bet for the Mellerio Shell on Letizia for the State Dinner in Japan ;)
It would be perfect, imo. It's not so ostentatious as to completely overshadow the empress. It's got pearls, which fits well with Japanese culture. Also the shell motive always reminded me of a wave motive as well. Shells and waves, what's a better compliment to a country surrounded by the sea? I only don't understand why Letizia has worn it only once before. It makes me think that she's not too fond of the shell tiara.

:previous: All those are my reasons as well. Plus the fact it's the most "historical" of the small Spanish tiaras, so befitting for a monarchy-monarchy visit and still as you say discreet enough out of respect for the empress. It's such a fitting tiara for this visit that I will be genuinely disappointed if she misses the occasion to wear it again at the dinner. Not that I should complain if she wears the Loop or the Cartier Pearl, but I doubt it.

Anyway, we'll see it tomorrow.

:previous: No big surprises then :lol:
Actually, it's the best choice for that particular dress, any of her pearl tiaras would have not matched it quite as well. And there is the fact that the empress wears no tiara, so one of the small tiaras was the safest guess. I still feel a bit down because I wanted so bad to see the Mellerio Shell again and some pearls, but oh well. She looks very beautiful though.

The earrings are not her usual ones, if that's something :D
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pOpT8XkAAFglc.jpg:large

Actually, it's the best choice for that particular dress, any of her pearl tiaras would have not matched it quite as well. And there is the fact that the empress wears no tiara, so one of the small tiaras was the safest guess. I still feel a bit down because I wanted so bad to see the Mellerio Shell again and some pearls, but oh well. She looks very beautiful though.

Yes no suprises, but im already happy she wore a Tiara, and i think the Floral was the perfect choice with the whole look, ( Dress,sash) I think the earrings are new, and i think she wore a bracelet on the left arm.. We will see later

The gown is screaming for a necklace. Pity that she didn't wear one. But it seems she dislikes them as she almost never wears one.

Last edited:
So shortly after the stunning appearance of 'La Buena', the big fleur-de-lys tiara, it might have been too much to ask for one of the pearl tiaras. It's a bit boring to always see the floral tiara, though I have to admit that it's a very, very beautiful tiara, and it looked perfect with that gown and earrings.

So, what's up next? I it the birthday gala in Norway? Or is there another tiara event in between?

So, what's up next? I it the birthday gala in Norway? Or is there another tiara event in between?

There are also the birthday celebrations of King Willem-Alexander but it not clear if there will be a tiara-Event. Then the birthday celebrations in Norway and the State Visit to the UK with 2 tiara Events.

Its confirmed that Harald's birthday will be a tiara event?

:previous: No, it's not really confirmed, nor do I think that there will be an official confirmation. But when you look at how their 70th birthday was celebrated, and how the other Scandinavian monarchs celebrated their round birthday, I assume that there will be one tiara event. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

:previous: No, it's not really confirmed, nor do I think that there will be an official confirmation. But when you look at how their 70th birthday was celebrated, and how the other Scandinavian monarchs celebrated their round birthday, I assume that there will be one tiara event. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

There was also a tiara Event for their jouint 60birthday celebrations and their Silver Wedding etc. Every big celebration in Norway had at last one white tie Event and i guess the Ball at the Palace will be a tiara affair. I only hope that they will allow photographers inside like for the 70th birthday celebrations and not keep it private like at the Jubilee celebrations last year where only a small number of pics where released.

Go to post 34/35 in the 80th birthday thread where I describe past celebrations in Norway in detail.

Black/white tie dinners/performances during milestone celebrations in Norway under King Harald V:

Silver Wedding Anniversary in 1993:
August 28: White tie gala dinner and dance at the Royal Palace with tiaras/orders. (photographers alloved inside and NRK were allowed to film the
procession and some of the dance)

August 29: White tie gala dinner at Akershus Castle with tiaras/orders. (photographers alloved inside and brodcasted live by NRK)

60th Birthdays in 1997:
June 20: Black tie gala dinner at Stiftsgården.
(photographers alloved inside and NRK were allowed to film some of it)

June 21: White tie gala performance at Olavshallen with tiaras/orders, followed by a white tie gala dinner at Erkebispegården with tiaras/orders.
(photographers alloved inside and brodcasted live by NRK)

70th Birthday of King Harald V in 2007:
February 21: Black tie gala dinner with entertainment at Akershus Castle in the evening.
(photographers alloved inside and brodcasted live by NRK1)

February 23: Black tie gala concert at Oslo City Hall in the evening.
(photographers alloved inside and brodcasted live by TV2) Later in the evening, a private black tie dinner at Skaugum.

February 24: White tie gala dinner/ball at the Royal Palace with tiaras/orders.
(photographers alloved inside and NRK/TV2 were allowed to film the
procession and some of the dance)

70th birthday of Queen Sonja in 2007:
July 4: Black tie dinner at Flor og Fjære restaurant in Stavanger.
(private, but photographers alloved to take pictures outside)

25 years (Silver Jubilee) as King and Queen in 2016:
January 16: Private black tie dinner at Skaugum.

January 17: Private black tie dinner at the Royal Palace in the evening.

Both these dinners were completely private and paid for by the king personally. Only close family members were present with the exception of Queen Margrethe, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia.

The official gala performance on January 17 was not a black white tie event, because it took place quite early (4:00 p.m.) It was broadcast later in the evening by NRK1.

80th Birthday Celebrations:
As I wrote in post 49 in the 80th birthday thread, the highly reliable royal expert Kjell Arne Totland has said on television that he has heard that the official dinner at the Opera House on May 10 will be white tie with tiaras, orders and everything, which I doubt, since there will be a gala dinner at the Palace the day before.

As I wrote in post 45 in the 80th birthday thread, the Royal Court's Communications Manager Marianne Hagen informed on live television on February 21 that it will be held a gala dinner at the royal palace on May 9 with foreign guests present.

She used the word gala dinner and not the word festmiddag (celebration dinner), and therefore (if nothing has changed) I'm pretty sure there will be both tiaras and orders. Why? Because that has been the case with all galla diners at the palace. And if there is a gala dinner, then I'm pretty sure that photographers will be allowed inside.

Last edited:
I know it won't be for a month but nevertheless, here are my guesses for Harald's birthday:

Sonja: Josephine's diamond tiara
Metre Marit: amethyst tiara
Martha: wedding tiara
Silvia: sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara
Madeleine: wedding tiara
Margrethe: floral tiara
Mary: diamond tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Mathilde: wolfers tiara
Maxima: Mellerio ruby tiara
Letizia: new tiara
Anne Marie: wedding tiara
Maria Teresa: scroll tiara
Stephanie: Adelaide sapphire tiara
Sophie: wedding tiara

I made these guesses bases on the tiaras they wore at his 70th birthday. I assume most would not wear the same tiaras last time. http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehuset2/files/8/2/3/8ca164db31e2578bac99785ce511e5092993f389e8/8238ca164db31e2578bac99785ce511e5092993f389e8.jpg

Last edited:
I could be missing some but here are some potential tiara events in 2018:

Felipe's 50th birthday, January
Frederik's 50th birthday, May
Harald and Sonja's wedding anniversary, August
Charles's 70th birthday, November

Although the only tiara event likely to happen is Harald and Sonja's anniversary.

Although the only tiara event likely to happen is Harald and Sonja's anniversary.

I don't know how likely it is Harald and Sonja's anniversary will be a tiara event, maybe we have to wait and see how big their 80th birthday celebrations will be. But it seems that we are having two tiara events this year, and with the 25th Jubilee as King and Queen last year, it is possible that they choose to keep the anniversary celebrations more low key, or celebrate it in private.

Confirmation from Sweden, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will attend both days. So my Tiara guesses for (hopefully) two tiara events

Q. Silvia. Leuchtenberg Parure& Connaught Tiara ( i still hope for the ruby tiara or the braganza)

CP Victoria. Baden Fringe & Amethyst ( i also could imagine the Connaught)

P. Sofia. Wedding Tiara & 4 Button

I guess None of these Events will be a Tiara Event. the spanish royals never celebrate birthdays ( maybe some official pictues with Tiara/sash and so will FINALLY published ) Prince Frederik is just the heir, so maybe a party with long dresses. I dont expect any celebrations for the 50th wedding anniversary ( for several reasons) I guess Charles bday will be celebrated similiar like his 60th birthday, long dresses..

Last edited:
I could imagine the Dutch court will release a few oficial pictures of King Willem Alexander, Maybe they will also publish a picture of Queen Maxima with a Tiara. I think she will wear the Sapphire or Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara.

Confirmation From Denmark the Queen, Mary and Frederik on both days. Prince Joachim & Princess Marie will attend just on 10th may .
my Guesses.
Q. Margrethe, Pearl Poire & Aigrette
CP Mary. New Tiara and Midnight Tiara
P. Marie Wedding Tiara

Confirmation from Sweden, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will attend both days. So my Tiara guesses for (hopefully) two tiara events

Q. Silvia. Leuchtenberg Parure& Connaught Tiara ( i still hope for the ruby tiara or the braganza)

CP Victoria. Baden Fringe & Amethyst ( i also could imagine the Connaught)

P. Sofia. Wedding Tiara & 4 Button

The Gala dinner on May 9 will be a white-tie tiara event, but the May 10 dinner will probably be black tie with no tiaras.

The Gala dinner on May 9 will be a white-tie tiara event, but the May 10 dinner will probably be black tie with no tiaras.

I think that is a fair guess, too bad. But nice to see such extensive celebrations anyway.

Q Sonja - Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara
CP Mette-Marit - Pearl and Diamond Tiara
P Märtha Louise - Amethyst Tiara
P Astrid - Turquoise Tiara
Q Silvia - Leuchtenberg parure
CP Victoria - Connaught Tiara
P Sofia - Four button tiara - so hard, she has surprised us very much lately.
Q Margrethe - Aigrette tiara
CP Mary - New tiara

Who knows? Maybe the Norwegian ladies surprise us and introduces us to some new pieces? Maybe something from late Princess Raghild's collections, it would be a nice tribute to her and and to remember her on such an evening.

Last edited:
Queen Sonja
my wish: Queen Maud's diamond tiara
likely. THe emeralds or the Desiree tiara

Crown Mette-Marit:
wish: Queen maud's diamond and perarl tiara in full setting
likely: the diamond bandeau or if we are lucky the amethysts

Princess Märtha Louise:
wish: the star wars tiara
likely. her 18th birthday gift tiara

Pricness Astrid:
the turqioses

The star wars tiara would be very interesting on Princess Märtha Louise. She's the one person who might be able to make it work! And she seems more keen on experimenting with tiaras than CP Mette-Marit. If we are lucky, one of the two will wear the small version of the pearl tiara again.

The absolute stunner would be to see either the pink tourmaline parure of Countess Estelle (some reports say that it's now with the NRF, others say it's with the SRF). Or one of the late Princess Ragnhild's tiaras.

My guesses for Luxembourg national day gala:

Maria Teresa: large floral tiara
Stephanie: amethyst tiara
Claire: Aquamarine tiara
Alexandra: Adelaide tiara

I hope for some surprises, like Maria Teresa in the Empire tiara, and Stephanie in her wedding tiara or the aquamarine tiara.

Last edited:
I don't know why but there is something about the empire which just looks wrong in MT. Looking at photos, often looks like a bad photo shop.

Not sure we will see the Lannoy tiara on Stephanie. It's her families piece. Unlike Diana who wore her family as a lighter option to the lovers knot, Stephanie has options in the royal vaults. Do hope to see her change it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom