The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 3: July 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kate’s style

Is it possible that the Princess of Wales is deliberately ‘dressing down’ in order to keep the focus on Camilla?

Personally, I think she is just very good at dressing appropriately for wherever she is visiting that day.

I love the sweater set she wore from Sezanne. It's a nice break from the pant suits she's been wearing

Personally, I think she is just very good at dressing appropriately for wherever she is visiting that day.

Agreed. Even when I don’t like a particular outfit, I cannot think of a single time in her royal life when I thought she was dressed inappropriately for the occasion. It’s a skill.

Agreed. Even when I don’t like a particular outfit, I cannot think of a single time in her royal life when I thought she was dressed inappropriately for the occasion. It’s a skill.

Agreed, I think Catherine is always dressed appropriately for the event.

Is it possible that the Princess of Wales is deliberately ‘dressing down’ in order to keep the focus on Camilla?

I don't think that is the case. Catherine was dressed appropriately for an engagement at a sports centre where she was going to play sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lovely, casual look which is really her forte.

I don't think that is the case. Catherine was dressed appropriately for an engagement at a sports centre where she was going to play sport.

Not what I meant! The last several outfits she has worn- suits, blazers, etc., have been very unshowy, suitable, but not “exciting.”

Not what I meant! The last several outfits she has worn- suits, blazers, etc., have been very unshowy, suitable, but not “exciting.”

I haven't rally known Catherine to wear showy, unsuitable or frankly particularly exxiting clothes. As regards being deferntial to Camilla, Catherine is now the second lady in the land, up from third, but I do not think the change has reign ahs impacted her style. I think we are just seeing a natural evolution of her, from a somewhat diffident Duchess to an experienced Princess of Wales.

I highly doubt it. I don't think Camilla really cares what Catherine wears- she's never been super into fashion. Besides, Catherine seems to be very happy and comfortable in her recent outfits.

I'm actually thinking that Catherine was deliberately dressing up when Elizabeth was queen.

Lovely blazer, not so keen on the trouser length, but definitely time for a hair cut.

Does she wear white to the rugby on purpose?

Definitely not a fan of her hair. It looks like lifeless extensions.

Lovely blazer, not so keen on the trouser length, but definitely time for a hair cut.

Agree that the hairstyle just doesn't work.

Agree that the hairstyle just doesn't work.

The outfit is nice but Catherine needs to do something with her hair, tied back would have looked nicer.

I hate to say but I don’t find anything to admire here. It all looks a bit sloppy. I know several of us here keep on about her hair, but it’s not a good look.

A very lovely and simple look. I absolutely love her boots. But I agree with others, her hair is too long, it needs a cut (its starting to look a bit ill-looking and frail).

I hate to say but I don’t find anything to admire here. It all looks a bit sloppy. I know several of us here keep on about her hair, but it’s not a good look.
A very lovely and simple look. I absolutely love her boots. But I agree with others, her hair is too long, it needs a cut (its starting to look a bit ill-looking and frail).
I think we have been commenting adversely about Catherine's hair since her very first official engagement. Over the years little has changed, she is still flaunting her beautiful hair.

Don't get me wrong, I like her beautiful,bountiful and bouncing hair but, I am afraid to say, she seems obsessed with her abundant locks and displays it frequently in places where a chic and elegant look would have been more appropriate. There is so much of it she is perpetually titivating it which is so distracting it is easy to lose concentration on the event. It is still such an issue that I have come to the point that I have no other option than to conclude that she is obsessed with her hair to the point of vanity.

Consider a young future queen with thick honey loose waves that we have suddenly been allowed to see as she approaches her official majority a swears an oath to her King, Country and People. I have admired her hair which was always loose in curtain in casual elegance and would hot have been at all surprised if her hair was loose for the ceremony. Instead, we saw a confident young future queen in a white trouser suit and her hair drawn back elegantly in a low ponytail.

The Princess of Wales has yet to master that talent.

Catherine's hair has been described as a security blanket (as well as part of her identity) for her, and I would have to agree. She clearly does not feel comfortable making major changes with it or wearing up it too often, and I think keeping it in good shape and trim is about the most that can be hoped for.

Anything else is about as likely as her cutting enough off to make a wig for William. ;)

Last edited:
The Princess is wearing a Burberry coat for engagements in Scotland today

I like the color of the jacket (oh how I love autumn colors!!!) but I'm not sure about the print or style. But she looks good in it. The only issue I have is...surprising surprising...her hair. It looks worse and, I'm sorry to say it like this, but it looks like a wig because of the way it was styled at the top (it looks weird as we can't see the roots).

I like the color of the jacket (oh how I love autumn colors!!!) but I'm not sure about the print or style. But she looks good in it. The only issue I have is...surprising surprising...her hair. It looks worse and, I'm sorry to say it like this, but it looks like a wig because of the way it was styled at the top (it looks weird as we can't see the roots).

I am not a fan of the fringe!

Back
Top Bottom