The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really lovely combination and very chic on the Princess today.

I’m not a fan of bows, but she does look good in that suit.

Perfect color choice for visiting Harvard.

Gorgeous outfit. Furthermore I don't see the purpose of a British princess to carry a Chanel bag while visiting the USA

Does there have to be a purpose? If you mean she should fly the flag for UK designers, she does this in most of her choices. I don’t see the necessity of slavishly following this mantra. Surely she’s allowed to carry such a gorgeous bag because she wants to.

Of course she is allowed to carry what she wants. Just a little strange. Furthermore no need to.make a fuss

Of course she is allowed to carry what she wants. Just a little strange. Furthermore no need to.make a fuss

I don't see how it's strange that she's using a Chanel purse on her US trip unless you think she should be patronizing either a British or American designer. In which case I'd say, no one cares overmuch about her wardrobe, other than people here.

Also, responding politely to a comment you made is not "making a fuss."

I’m not a fan of bows, but she does look good in that suit.

Agreed. Bows at the neck are not my fave. But she looks great.

The purse nicely complements her outfit too.

I like the green Burbury dress Catherine wore to Boston's City Hall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the blush pink of the blouse with its ***** bow as it softens the entire effect of the darker pantsuit and gives a very elegant and professional finish. Apart from wearing heels to the basketball and having a weird moment with her earrings upon arrival at the airport, she is doing well. Having considered her choice of jewellery to arrive in I came to the conclusion that her ears were the best place for a pair of her most beautiful earrings to ensure they did not get misplaced in the luggage.

Oh come on . . . the forum asterisks the proper word for Catherine's meow bow!

Having considered her choice of jewellery to arrive in I came to the conclusion that her ears were the best place for a pair of her most beautiful earrings to ensure they did not get misplaced in the luggage.

!

That’s brilliant. I will take this unique view into consideration for all future state visit arrivals!

Amazing look, except for the bow. Great colour!

Having considered her choice of jewellery to arrive in I came to the conclusion that her ears were the best place for a pair of her most beautiful earrings to ensure they did not get misplaced in the luggage.

Or she just liked the idea of wearing sapphire and diamond earrings with her blue suit. :flowers:

Look number 2 yesterday, while visiting Boston Pier Park:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

Gosh it looks cold on the waterfront. That’s a beautiful coat. I like brown for a winter colour especially when teemed with red or amber. Sensible Catherine wore gloves. William resorts to hands in pockets?

I love this shade of brown on Catherine, especially with the orange dress underneath. She should wear brown more often as it really suits her.

The Princess is well wrapped up against the winter chill ,the brown coat is really lovely.

Gosh it looks cold on the waterfront. That’s a beautiful coat. I like brown for a winter colour especially when teemed with red or amber. Sensible Catherine wore gloves. William resorts to hands in pockets?

I think that’s one of the few pics of Catherine I’ve seen where she visibly looks cold.

Outfit is great.

Nice safe dresses and pants that Kate wears. I just wish she would ditch the Peter Pan collars. The dress hounds tooth dress would have looked nice with out it.

The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 -

Today’s dress looks fabulous on her. Classy, elegant.

Catherine’s clothes have just been lovely on this trip.

I really like her wardrobe this tour- simple, uncluttered and elegant with some lovely accessories.

Re previous comment: I think the collar of the hound tooth dress is more pointed, so not strictly a Peter Pan collar, but I know what you mean!

Catherine has the kind of neck that can carry off those high, fitted collars, but I tend to agree, I'm not really a huge fan of them. Aside from that, this dress is lovely. I've liked most of her choices this time around.

Hats, scarves,gloves and boots, someone should have told them it is cold in Boston. Think it was just 32 degrees and with at wind chill much colder. Her chocolate brown coat is gorgeous but with its big open slit, certainly not warm. Of all of the dozens of coats she owns there must have been another warmer one.
I am also not a fan of those collars in today’s dress. The edging and intricacies of the dress is intriguing. Somehow, her ultra high heels of which I am never a fan on anyone, seem out of place in her daytime outfits.

I love the dress she wore today at Harvard. As usual, she is an epitome of grace! She looks classy, elegant and professional at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom