The Future of the British Monarchy 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlotte and Louis are currently third and fourth in line respectively. They will most likely be bumped up to second and third when their father becomes King and will retain those positions until George has children of his own, which might still take 20 years from now. Even if George had two kids, Charlotte for example would still be 4th in line when William is King. So, if 7th in line is your cutoff point for deciding who should be a full-time working royal or not, then Charlotte at least has to be raised to take on royal duties.

I am personally against the situation that happened for example in Spain where Infanta Elena was a working royal for a large part of her adult life while her father was the King and was then removed from any official royal duty when her brother ascended the throne. I don't think that is fair because a person in that situation couldn't really have an alternate private career when he or she was younger and then had to find a career when he or she was already middle-aged. Accordingly, I wouldn't like that to happen to Charlotte or Louis. They should either be half in, half out, or totally out from the beginning, or, if they are in, stay in for the rest of their lives, even when they get lower in the line of succession (like Princess Anne for example).
It is a balancing act, I agree with you regarding being side lined later on in favour of others when there could have been a career path.
The fact that the York sisters never officially took part in Royal duties does make you wonder if this was already Charles's influence on the future of the monarchy with the LQ.

There is a gap starting to appear between the generations, who will fill this gap until the Wales children are of age, but what if they wish an alternative career, possibly the military, not a problem in itself but reduces the manpower for royal duties.

IMO , going forward ,William will continue his fathers work of reducing the patronages and the working royals.

I
Charlotte and Louis are currently third and fourth in line respectively. They will most likely be bumped up to second and third when their father becomes King and will retain those positions until George has children of his own, which might still take 20 years from now. Even if George had two kids, Charlotte for example would still be 4th in line when William is King. So, if 7th in line is your cutoff point for deciding who should be a full-time working royal or not, then Charlotte at least has to be raised to take on royal duties.

I am personally against the situation that happened for example in Spain where Infanta Elena was a working royal for a large part of her adult life while her father was the King and was then removed from any official royal duty when her brother ascended the throne. I don't think that is fair because a person in that situation couldn't really have an alternate private career when he or she was younger and then had to find a career when he or she was already middle-aged. Accordingly, I wouldn't like that to happen to Charlotte or Louis. They should either be half in, half out, or totally out from the beginning, or, if they are in, stay in for the rest of their lives, even when they get lower in the line of succession (like Princess Anne for example).
I agree with the not cutting off half way in life. However, I dont think it should be about the exact place in line but more about whether they are children of the (future) monarch or not. If they want to keep more than the direct line as working royalsm the logical thing to do is to keep the children of any monarch involved but not their grandchildren (unless these children either need to be removed or decide to temove themselves). So, yes to Charlotte and Louis and no to Louise and James (except for the occassional/few times a year larger family duty).

Back
Top Bottom