The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 5: June-July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i doubt about 95% of what the Sussexes say and do (and in retrospect said and did in the past), but i have no doubt that Harry loves having his own little family with his kids and wife, so can totally understand him wanting to get back quickly and hold his little girl and play with Archie.

When a family has a falling out of this magnitude it's sometimes better for the patching up to go really slowly, just leave everyone coming to terms with it in their own comfortzone.
I could well imagine Harry chatting with P.Eugenie and her family in Frogmore cottage a bit about this and that (and especially about having young kids and all the pleasuress and problems with that), and i wouldn't even be surprised if he did have a short visit from HM with him sitting in the cottage and her outside on a comfy chair, just to have seen eachother 'in the flesh' and exchange some pleasantries (at which HM is quite capable, she has dealt with so many different people over the years).
But i don't think the time for the big reconciliation has come yet..

Per

When a family has a falling out of this magnitude it's sometimes better for the patching up to go really slowly, just leave everyone coming to terms with it in their own comfortzone.
I could well imagine Harry chatting with P.Eugenie and her family in Frogmore cottage a bit about this and that (and especially about having young kids and all the pleasuress and problems with that), and i wouldn't even be surprised if he did have a short visit from HM with him sitting in the cottage and her outside on a comfy chair, just to have seen eachother 'in the flesh' and exchange some pleasantries (at which HM is quite capable, she has dealt with so many different people over the years).
But i don't think the time for the big reconciliation has come yet..

I suspect that most of the RF dont want to see him.. for the simple reason that they can't trust him.. but the queen is a very old lady. If H isn't back in the UK for another year, the next time he comes back might be for her funeral.

I suspect that most of the RF dont want to see him.. for the simple reason that they can't trust him.. but the queen is a very old lady. If H isn't back in the UK for another year, the next time he comes back might be for her funeral.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Charles becomes King before all these issues with Harry are resolved. His MO so far been to blame Charles for everything while painting the Queen as a well-intentioned who would surely have been on his side if she weren't controlled by evil courtiers. I've suspected for months that they were overselling their supposed closeness to the Queen, and they finally pushed it too far with Lilibet - not necessarily with the name itself, but misrepresenting their conversations and apparently making up a Zoom call that never happened. For whatever reason, they've clearly decided they want the public to think they're on better and more intimate terms with the Queen than they actually are.

So what happens when Charles becomes King? Will they suddenly decide they want the public to think they're Zooming with Charles every day? If he doesn't take their phone calls, will they publicly complain about it (again), or would they rather his unwillingness to deal with them remain private now that he's King and the buck stops with him? Will they blame courtiers for controlling him, with the implication that he no longer has all his faculties? When William officially steps into Charles's position, will William become their new favorite target while they cozy up to Charles because he's now in the Queen's position?

Hopefully it will be a long time before we find out!

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Charles becomes King before all these issues with Harry are resolved. His MO so far been to blame Charles for everything while painting the Queen as a well-intentioned who would surely have been on his side if she weren't controlled by evil courtiers. I've suspected for months that they were overselling their supposed closeness to the Queen, and they finally pushed it too far with Lilibet -

So what happens when Charles becomes King? Will they suddenly decide they want the public to think they're Zooming with Charles every day? If he doesn't take their phone calls, will they publicly complain about it (again), or would they rather his unwillingness to deal with them remain private now that he's King and the buck stops with him? Will they blame courtiers for controlling him, with the implication that he no longer has all his faculties? When William officially steps into Charles's position, will William become their new favorite target while they cozy up to Charles because he's now in the Queen's position?

That's a very good point. I think that they made up this thing that they were best friends with the Queen because she IS the queen and they want to claim closeness iwth the "Top lady". They also hinted at it with Philip but I dont believe they were. I somehow feel that Philip just kept his distance from them... In fact I am sure he would not appreciate the Lillibet name.. at ALL or if they had called hte baby Philippa after him....

But I think that the queen while she probably retains loving feeling for her grandson and will always TRY to reconcile with him, is not going to be soft with him...
All the same, the woman is 95 and recently bereaved. If there was any genuine repentance on Harry's part, it would be good if they could make up..

Last edited:
8 -10 days makes a huge difference with a newborn. That’s literally one quarter of her life so far. No one wishes to be away from a newborn; that’s just nature.

What woudl he do if he had to work for a living like most people?

What woudl he do if he had to work for a living like most people?
If he was Swedish he'd take the 10 paternal workdays off right after the birth of Lily and then, given that she was born in June, him and Meghan would juggle the parental leave and their respective holidays making it possible for both to spend much of the summer together with their kids.

Are we really pointing the finger at a father wanting to get home to his wife and kids as soon as possible?

Last edited:
If he was Swedish he'd take the 10 paternal workdays off right after the birth of Lily and then, given that she was born in June, him and Meghan would juggle the parental leave and their respective holidays making it possible for both to spend much of the summer together with their kids.

But he's not Swedish. And lots of people in the world have to be away from children due to needing to work and earn their bread... so I dont think that his staying in the UK for a few days for his mother's memorial is so terrible. Lilly wont know he's not there, and he can zoom.. and Meghan has plenty of help....
if he HAD been allowed to do the HIHO, and had been serious about earning a professional income, he would have had to travel a lot for work (assuming covid didn't happen).. and he would have probably found that it wasn't that easy to take little kids back and forth, and better for them to be left at home with Nanny or Meghan...

Last edited:
Are we really pointing the finger at a father wanting to get home to his wife and kids as soon as possible?

It seems that the answer to this question is Yes, we do seem to point the finger at a dad who likes to be with his family.

Had never thought that would be a fault in a dad, but i seem to be wrong

:lol:

so I dont think that his staying in the UK for a few days for his mother's memorial is so terrible. Lilly wont know he's not there, and he can zoom.. and Meghan has plenty of help....
That's what you think. Harry, apparently, doesn't agree with you and wanted to get home to those most important to him once that statue was unveiled. If so, good for him.

It seems that the answer to this question is Yes, we do seem to point the finger at a dad who likes to be with his family.

[emoji38]
[emoji2371]

Last edited:

:lol:

Its not a fault... but he has a very elderly grandmother whom he has hurt, and it would be nice if he had taken a day or 2 extra to try and mend fences with her. Having said that, its possible the queen is happy to just have a quick chat with him, at present and that he knows he is not likely to be able to mend the fences wihtout making a change in his attitude that he isn't willing to make.

I've been wondering about the formal aspects of the Sussexes and King Charles. They have been thrashing the monarchy at every step, claiming that everything about it was old, racist, mean to Meghan personally, etc. But they cling to their titles. I'm not waiting eagerly to see the moment King Charles receives homage from the blood royal. Harry should go second and with all we've seen from him, I can't possibly imagine him doing it sincerely. As Meghan would say, it's a spectacle for the world. But if these aspects of a coronation are supposed to be treated lightly, that's basically making a mockery of the whole ceremony. Further cheapening of the monarchy.

I can't imagine what solution would be found. Because banning the first member of this family married to a biracial woman and not treat him the way another son is treated as it would be twisted isn't much of a solution either.

Its not a fault... but he has a very elderly grandmother whom he has hurt, and it would be nice if he had taken a day or 2 extra to try and mend fences with her. Having said that, its possible the queen is happy to just have a quick chat with him, at present and that he knows he is not likely to be able to mend the fences wihtout making a change in his attitude that he isn't willing to make.

Exactly. It’s not a fault.

OTOH- as you said- maybe there’s nothing that can be done at this time anyway.

Exactly. It’s not a fault.

OTOH- as you said- maybe there’s nothing that can be done at this time anyway.

No. I just find it a fault for a son, brother, grandson and cousin to behave the way Harry did. I see the situation as different to the situation of a regular son, brother, grandson and cousin who is also a father but has no significant problems with his birth family.

Of course, I don't think anything can be done at this point. I also think that nothing can be done at all if Harry stays in his mindset of "poor me, poor Meg, our poor children! If you apologize, we'll forgive you because that's just who we are". So it's fine with me that he left.

No. I just find it a fault for a son, brother, grandson and cousin to behave the way Harry did. I see the situation as different to the situation of a regular son, brother, grandson and cousin who is also a father but has no significant problems with his birth family.

Agreed. I find that a fault too. It’s certainly not a positive character trait IMO to behave the way he has- repeatedly.

Of course, I don't think anything can be done at this point. I also think that nothing can be done at all if Harry stays in his mindset of "poor me, poor Meg, our poor children! If you apologize, we'll forgive you because that's just who we are". So it's fine with me that he left.

In one sense yes it is probably just as well that he left.. but his grandmother is very old. I wish He had at least tried to make up with her, because she is old and life is uncertain. But I dont think Harry thinks he has done anything wrong.. in his mind his family are the bad guys... so while he pretended to be friendly with the queen that was all for show... and he is not likely to reach a point where he can sincerely feel sorry and make things up with his father or grandmother or William...

Personally i doubt about 95% of what the Sussexes say and do (and in retrospect said and did in the past), but i have no doubt that Harry loves having his own little family with his kids and wife, so can totally understand him wanting to get back quickly and hold his little girl and play with Archie.

I understand that too, but I am not sure that's what Harry is doing. Or not the sole reason, at least.

I think Harry has come to realize that his actions have caused considerable resentment in the UK, and so he has chosen to flee back to the US as quickly as possible to avoid any repercussions.

(And yes, flee rather than return).

In one sense yes it is probably just as well that he left.. but his grandmother is very old. I wish He had at least tried to make up with her, because she is old and life is uncertain. But I dont think Harry thinks he has done anything wrong.. in his mind his family are the bad guys... so while he pretended to be friendly with the queen that was all for show... and he is not likely to reach a point where he can sincerely feel sorry and make things up with his father or grandmother or William...
I'm not sure how he can make up with his grandmother when he isn't sorry because he thinks he's totally in the right. Yes, he said he'd work on repairing the relationship with his family but mere days after the interview, Gayle claimed that his conversations with his father and brother had been "unproductive". IOW, Harry expected everyone to apologize and him and Meghan to graciously forgive. When it didn't happen - IOW, Charles and William didn't admit that the institution was racist, - he went mad. We all know what happened later.

The Queen is in the unique position of being the head of the institution Harry blames for all his problems. The mother who, according to him, screwed over Charles' life so he screwed over Harry's. I see no way of genuine making up unless Harry changes his convictions - which is unlikely to happen overnight. Talking about the children isn't making up, it's small talk. The elephant stays in the room.

Honestly, I prefer this to Harry pretending regret that he doesn't feel. It would be patronizing and insincere.

What is the point if saying sorry when you don't mean it. The Queen would certainly know the difference.

Well I doubt any true reconciliation will happen unless they all admit their mistakes and sincerely apologize to each other. If neither side is willing to budge then nothing will ever happen.

All I see is Harry needs to apologize, and he does. But so do the royals as I don't think any side's hands are clean. So they put on their game faces and put their feelings to the side to honor their mother. But their egos and feelings are still dominating.

As for Harry seeing his grandmother -- do we know he didn't? Between leaving the reception and being spotted at the airport the next day, we have no idea what Harry did.

I too am curious or actually perplexed as to the public attitude of The Sussex's towards both the Queen and Charles. Its seems VERY short sighted to Me.
The Queen is 95, sadly how many more years does She have ? Harry and Meghan seem to have thrown ALL their eggs into the QEll basket, while they have insulted, insinuated things and outright condemned Charles on multiple occasions. How will that work out in the Future for them and their aims ? When Charles lll is in charge of ALL.
The hurt, pain and frustration that Charles feels could be very deep, and being only human, he might not be so forgiving and willing to be very conciliatory down the road. I'm truly just surprised that The Sussex's keep going down that route. Basically The Queen is wonderful and Charles is not.
Especially, since it was the Queen that had the ultimate say of NO over the HIHO Proposal.
I wonder now, if there will be a softening in their public airing of grievances against the Family-Firm. I hope so, I guess we will know once Summer passes if Harry and Meghan will reevaluate the wisdom of these broadsides.

SLV said:
What is the point if saying sorry when you don't mean it. The Queen would certainly know the difference.
There is certainly no point for an apology if Harry intends to keep up the public war. I doubt that Omid would be saying these thing without Harry's blessing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ories-Harrys-mental-health-author-claims.html

Regardless, my guess is that Harry did spend some time with the Queen before he left. He was physically close by and the Queen wants to maintain a loving relationship with her grandson.

I too am curious or actually perplexed as to the public attitude of The Sussex's towards both the Queen and Charles. Its seems VERY short sighted to Me.
The Queen is 95, sadly how many more years does She have ? Harry and Meghan seem to have thrown ALL their eggs into the QEll basket, while they have insulted, insinuated things and outright condemned Charles on multiple occasions. How will that work out in the Future for them and their aims ? When Charles lll is in charge of ALL.
The hurt, pain and frustration that Charles feels could be very deep, and being only human, he might not be so forgiving and willing to be very conciliatory down the road. I'm truly just surprised that The Sussex's keep going down that route. Basically The Queen is wonderful and Charles is not.
Especially, since it was the Queen that had the ultimate say of NO over the HIHO Proposal.
I wonder now, if there will be a softening in their public airing of grievances against the Family-Firm. I hope so, I guess we will know once Summer passes if Harry and Meghan will reevaluate the wisdom of these broadsides.

I think Harry truly has a lot of anger against his father, which long predated Meghan. The problem is that Harry doesn't seem to be working towards resolution but is intent on revenge. Harry knows that he will continue to be invited to main events and is truly hoping that eventually, Charles will break down, apologize and give him everything he says he wants. On some level he is very secure about Charles's love and knows he will be forgiven, even if it is never forgotten.

I also think that Harry's admiration for the Queen is very genuine but he is furious about losing his military appointments. I think he is also hurt that the royal family is continuing without him. I am afraid that even if there is a reconciliation, he is going to have serious regrets.

I hope his family understands that Harry is deeply unhappy. He could not be holding onto this type of anger if he and Meghan truly had the happy life they claim to have. They love each other, but they are bringing out the worst in each other.

There is certainly no point for an apology if Harry intends to keep up the public war. I doubt that Omid would be saying these thing without Harry's blessing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ories-Harrys-mental-health-author-claims.html

I don't understand that particular complaint. Harry and Meghan themselves confirmed that they felt they were "surviving not thriving" on the Africa tour and that no one asked if they were okay. For which they got a lot of criticism because they were visiting some extremely destitute, vulnerable people who really were in constant survival mode. Of course the papers were going to write about William's response, whether or not anyone "planted" it.

It could be that someone who worked at KP did tell the DM that William was worried about Harry's mental health as a response- because Harry himself had just said so, and then right after they announced they were taking a long mental health break, from which they never returned - which they themselves claim is partly because of their severe mental health problems.

Or there's also the high probability it was made up by a "source" that knows absolutely nothing but the Sussexes themselves handed all the newspapers free rein to run with "fears for Harry" articles. And that's only increased in the last 2 years where Harry can't stop talking about how terrible his life was in the BRF and this point in time in particular. Every single paper has run "BRF very worried about Harry's mental health" pieces in the last couple of months for obvious reasons.

*Harry* was the brother that told the press that he and William really weren't in a good place, and he's the one that has talked about his family in a negative way constantly - on camera. It clearly wasn't "just brothers going in a different direction" it was a lot more than that which the Sussexes have also openly said and demonstrated with their actions.

And it's very "pot calling the kettle black" to talk about planting stories when everyone knows Scobie only puts out there what the Sussexes want him to.

It's a rather bold approach from a Sussex mouthpiece. I'd think that Harry's mental health is a topic they'd rather avoid, after all the comments Harry himself made about it. An "OK, let's talk about this!" which might well be the reaction of a considerable part of the public isn't exactly what might be beneficial to Harry and Meghan.

I can't see where the big surprise is that "worried about Harry's mental health" stories are appearing all over. Harry is the one that has specifically demonstrated that he's *not* in a good place mentally and has many issues to work on, resolve and come to grips with. His refusal to take responsibility for anything that has gone wrong is a clear cut example of there being something seriously wrong with the man. I'd be surprised more if there was anyone in Harry's family that *wasn't* worried about him.

He's back home in California now and with being on paternity leave, he has all the time in the world to sort himself out. Nobody else is going to do it for him. I just hope he does it quietly and privately.

Here’s more about today’s WellChild Awards at Kew Gardens:

** dm article: Prince Harry says 'I could not be prouder to be here' as he delights sick children with surprise WellChild Awards appearance..**
Back like he never left! Well done Haz!
For all that has been seen and done, Harry has never looked happier than he was on this trip. It gives a good example of all the things he had taken from him in an act of spite IMHO. The BRF has been the biggest loser and, with this trip, many have a reminder and are not impressed.

I doubt that Omid would be saying these thing without Harry's blessing.

Wow. If William planted those stories, he shouldn't have, but I'm sure he was worried about Harry's mental health. Anyone would have been. And Harry himself has subsequently told the world all about his mental health issues, including things like substance abuse that weren't known before. I remember people wondering about his revisionist history where Meghan, not William, deserved all the credit for encouraging him to seek treatment. I guess this was why, if Harry actually believes William did that.

I also think that Harry's admiration for the Queen is very genuine but he is furious about losing his military appointments. I think he is also hurt that the royal family is continuing without him. I am afraid that even if there is a reconciliation, he is going to have serious regrets.

I never understood why Harry thought either of them would keep any royal appointments after formally finalizing their decision to no longer be working royals. Of course he'd no longer be representing the Queen in any official capacity, including that one. From his reaction, it seems like this wasn't explained to him beforehand, but I find it impossible to believe that no one tried. I find myself saying that a lot about him.

It is hard to 'plant a story' that was already made public knowledge by the 'victim' himself. Harry himself - as part of launching the Heads Together campaign - already acknowledged that he struggled and had sought counseling/therapy on William's advice. And just like the BRF stated after the Oprah interview, their response after the South Africa interview was 'we knew they struggled but not that it was this bad; and we feel for them' (or something along those lines); so, it was clearly in response to what Harry (and Meghan) themselves wanted to share with the world.

Scobie does them no favours with comments like this: ‘Meghan came in driven and ready to work and that immediately ruffled feathers. She’s a woman well into her 30s: I think she’s proven to herself and the people she’s worked with up until that point that she knows what she’s doing.‘ She was certainly not someone who was going to change herself just to please the people around her." They blatantly contradict Meghan's accounts of her being so sweet and helpless, with no one giving her princessy lessons and no one willing to help her. She claimed she knew nothing about the RF, yet her mouthpiece claims that she knows what she's doing. I don't know anything about your business and I need all the help I can get but let me show how it should be done isn't a good look on anybody. And Meghan's unwillingness to make changes, aka admit any rules that she didn't like isn't indicative of a team player.

I'm not surprised by the confirmation that this was indeed the case since I've long thought so. But I'm stunned it came from a staunch friend of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom