The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be me, but I suspect that Charles does not really want either of them there, partciularly Meghan, and he knows that Meg doesn't want to come that much as it will be uncomfortable. But he would like Harry to be there and could manage a ten min conversation with him.
I think this is a possibility and you could be right.

Last edited:
They have both criticised the family and been very nasty. Trying to quantify the difference between who criticises more isn’t important because they both have said a number of outlandish things. She co-signs a lot of what he says and that says a lot.

My point was that HRH The Duchess of Sussex gets the lion's share of the blame with regards to the couple's exit in spite not giving the lion's share of the criticism. Now that it's known that only HRH The Duke of Sussex is coming, reactions I've seen include:

Good, she can't distract the ceremony (in spite of her more critical and much more vocal husband still attending)

The family doesn't want to be around her anyway (I'm still waiting for someone to give me a particular instance of HRH The Duchess of Sussex saying something negative about any member of the BRF, whereas HRH The Duke of Sussex has done so about several family members and he's still going)

She's mad it's not all about her (Her husband literally wrote the book about how it's not all about him and, once again, he's still going)

HRH The Duchess of Sussex should rightfully be criticized for her own actions, but I have to call foul when she's blame for the majority of her husband's actions.

If I was going to be treated as the Jezebel for ruining my husband's relationship with his family when those problems long preceded my entering the family, I'd stay home too.

Is it remotely possible that she fears the children would be ordered to remain in the UK? I remember that Diana was concerned about that possibility.

I have the feeling that Charles has no interest in those "American grandchildren"
He could' ve made arrangements to meeting them once in a while meanwhile but nothing so far. And I don' t see him visiting them in the US ever....

what evidence is there that he has no interest in the grandchildren? He hasn't been to the US lately because there has been 2 years or more of restrictions on travel and his eldery mother was close to the end of her life.

Is it remotely possible that she fears the children would be ordered to remain in the UK? I remember that Diana was concerned about that possibility.

That woudl be utterly ludicrous.

Of course they are too young to be invited to the ceremony. THat does nto mean that they would not be invited to see the family

They brought the children for the Jubilee last year so I don’t see why they would be worried about the children being ordered to stay in the U.K. Of course William and Harry as young children would stay because they were the eldest children of the POW, but Meghan’s children aren’t children of the POW so not comparable at all.

Last edited:
They brought the children for the Jubilee last year so I don’t see why they would be worried about the children being ordered to stay in the U.K. Of course the William and Harry as young children would stay because they were the eldest children of the POW, but Meghan’s children aren’t children of the POW so not comparable at all.

Just unbelievalbe that they would think this. If the RF wanted to hold onto the children (why would they) they would hardly have agreed to Hary and meg going to live abroad and taking Archie.

I think it is more that she knows she and her children are unwelcomed. They went to the Jubilee because they had a warmer relationship with the Queen and they wanted the kids to meet her (and seems she wanted to meet them). Probably not the case here. No harm, no foul.

Win/win situation for everyone. Harry will be in and out. Meghan will not be there to distract though I am sure they will find some way to make something about her. Isn't this what everyone wanted? Meghan to not return. Seems that wish has been granted.

My point was that HRH The Duchess of Sussex gets the lion's share of the blame with regards to the couple's exit in spite not giving the lion's share of the criticism. Now that it's known that only HRH The Duke of Sussex is coming, reactions I've seen include:

Good, she can't distract the ceremony (in spite of her more critical and much more vocal husband still attending)

The family doesn't want to be around her anyway (I'm still waiting for someone to give me a particular instance of HRH The Duchess of Sussex saying something negative about any member of the BRF, whereas HRH The Duke of Sussex has done so about several family members and he's still going)

"Catherine made her cry", which she refuses to let go of.

She's mad it's not all about her (Her husband literally wrote the book about how it's not all about him and, once again, he's still going)

HRH The Duchess of Sussex should rightfully be criticized for her own actions, but I have to call foul when she's blame for the majority of her husband's actions.

If I was going to be treated as the Jezebel for ruining my husband's relationship with his family when those problems long preceded my entering the family, I'd stay home too.

Meghan also introduced the narrative that the BRF is racist, did nothing to correct that impression for nearly three years, then had Harry point out it was a "media misinterpretation", as well as the one that they did nothing to help her when she was suicidal, or basically, ever.

Harry is responsible for all his own actions and collaboration but Meghan is not an innocent bystander.

Well, The Duchess of Sussex has her uber rich Hollywood lifestyle and public platform to lecture and educate us rubes on......solely courtesy of her association with The Royal Family. Nothing else. Nothing.

But now that their reputation has taken a big hit and is viewed as negative and hypocritical, by many formers fans..... maybe Meghan is strategizing that there is no upside for her to attend ? Very Frosty Family reception and zero role in the Events. Just a "spectator", no less.

She seems to like and need public affirmation, especially in the States, and the thought of being publicly booed and sidelined in Coronation Festivities that will have a global audience * might* have influenced her. And it will be watched and commented upon for decades too.

Besides, She probably figures She can use her reason to decline to promote "victimhood" in her next Media appearance or Book. Spin it her way, to further her narrative. That's my guess anyway. She knows The Royal Family won't comment.

The gleeful mocking that The South Park "World Wide Privacy Tour" generated, and other comedians like Jimmy Fallon, Chris Rock and Seth Meyers ridiculing them must have been very distressing. And damaging to The Brand. VERY unexpected to them.

I'm betting She figured, better to lay low and not be an object of derision.

Last edited:
I think it is more that she knows she and her children are unwelcomed. They went to the Jubilee because they had a warmer relationship with the Queen and they wanted the kids to meet her (and seems she wanted to meet them). Probably not the case here. No harm, no foul.

Win/win situation for everyone. Harry will be in and out. Meghan will not be there to distract though I am sure they will find some way to make something about her. Isn't this what everyone wanted? Meghan to not return. Seems that wish has been granted.

I respectfully disagree that "the children are unwelcome." The children made their only appearance in the UK since 2020 during the very busy Jubilee weekend and the family departed before the Jubilee celebrations had concluded. Had the children been around for another week visited the Queen at Balmoral, then it's likely more members of the family might have met them.

I mean Archie and Lili weren't invited anyways. Best decision all around.

Young children would not have been invited to the Coronation service with the exception of the Wales children. Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet are far too young to attend and have never been introduced to these types of events due to their parents' decisions.

No. The BRF would not "order" the children to be kept in the United Kingdom. Their parents have custody of them and IMHO no judge would permit them to be retained in the UK.

Last edited:

Who are the “they” you are referring to? Who is going find some way make it about her? Finally, we have clarity on whether they were coming or not because they were playing cat and mouse games as always when they were invited months ago. How were the children unwelcome? No one even saw them apart from a few family members. I highly doubt that that on the actual day, she will be brought up again.

I respectfully disagree that "the children are unwelcome." The children made their only appearance in the UK since 2020 during the very busy Jubilee weekend and the family departed before the Jubilee celebrations had concluded. Had the children been around for another week visited the Queen at Balmoral, then it's likely more members of the family might have met them.

Maybes all around. We honestly have no idea but I suspect if the Meghan and Harry felt their whole family were welcomed they would all be attending.

No. The BRF would not "order" the children to be kept in the United Kingdom. Their parents have custody of them and IMHO no judge would permit them to be retained in the UK.
post deleted. Mistake

Last edited:

The children absolutely would have been welcome. I have no doubt about that. No one is going to blame the kids for adult problems. Of course Charles would like to see his grandkids.
I’m sure other family members would too.

IDK what Meghan’s actual relationship with TQ was like in reality- but they bent over backwards publicly to constantly make the point that they were close to her. So- from that pov- not surprised she attended the jubilee. Plus- that was her first time back in the UK since they quit and whined incessantly. Her reception was probably… interesting.

And yet we had many many new briefs about how the kids were "not invited" -- doesn't sound very welcoming to me. Not that it matters now. None of them are going.

I do wonder if they will bring the kids to Germany for Invictus Games though. Now that would be interesting.

"Catherine made her cry", which she refuses to let go of.

Actually, it is the tabloid that refuse to let this story die. The story that "Meghan made Catherine cry" is one of those typical royal stories that were written based on hearsay.

Meghan went on the record to clarify what had happened. She did not discuss the details of the disagreement between her and Catherine and went out of her way to avoid any disparaging remarks. In fact she made Catherine seems very good by saying that Catherine sent her flowers and apologized.

Some posts over the last couple of pages have been leaning heavily into speculation. While a certain amount of guessing is inevitable in situations like this, no one on this forum is acquainted with any member of the British royal family, so let's keep the speculation about thoughts, feelings, motives, etc. off the thread. Further posts along those lines run the risk of being removed.

And yet we had many many new briefs about how the kids were "not invited" -- doesn't sound very welcoming to me. Not that it matters now. None of them are going.

I do wonder if they will bring the kids to Germany for Invictus Games though. Now that would be interesting.

Yes there were many briefs, however do you truly believe that other young children (under the age of 5) have been invited? Do you believe that the late Queen's youngest great-grandchildren have been invited: Lucas Tindall, August Brooksbanks, and Sienna Mapelli-Mozzi were sent invitations but Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet were excluded?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

Given their ages- this is not a surprise.

The Wales kids are older and the heir’s kids. And have exposure to big events.

I never expected the Sussex kids to attend the coronation.

Last edited:
Yes there were many briefs, however do you truly believe that other young children (under the age of 5) have been invited? Do you believe that the late Queen's youngest great-grandchildren have been invited: Lucas Tindall, August Brooksbanks, and Sienna Mapelli-Mozzi were sent invitations but Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet were excluded?

I don't know. Unlike the Sussex children, it wasn't told in various news forms how they were not invited. I never expected them at the ceremony. They are too young but it was very interesting how it was made very clear they seemed to not be wanted either. Otherwise why make it such a focus? We all know their age.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure they were both invited. The only statement issued by them prior to today reads "I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty's office regarding the coronation." That really doesn't say that they both were invited and it doesn't even really say that either of them were invited. Email correspondence does not necessarily equal an invitation and given that the statement specifies that only Harry received said email correspondence, I'm not sure we should just automatically believe that she was invited.

I can’t imagine Charles failed to invite his DIL. Since Harry is coming, I think it’s fairly reasonable to say that both were invited. Maybe not wanted, but invited nonetheless.

Seems to me like not extending an invite to her too would possibly be a good way to further alienate his son.

Plus- I’m pretty sure if Meghan wasn’t invited- they’d be screaming about it from the rooftops. We’d all know. (Unless they’re saving that for the next book.) I have difficulty believing Harry would attend under such circumstances.

Last edited:
I dont think they were welcome at the Jubilee.

ACO, Archie and Lili at The Coronation ? Why ? They aren't anywhere near old enough OR exposed to Public Places like Westminster Abbey. Lili's Baptism was in the Sussex's Backyard last month no less. Not even a Church. How intimidating for these little sheltered kids to be thrust into that. It was NEVER in the cards.
Oh, and why would..... " THEY will find someway to make it something about HER" ? Huh ? Hate to break it to you, but Meghan isn't going to get a dismissive mention OR any reference that Weekend. I'm sure its just a relief that She won't be there for nearly all. Family, Friends, Courtiers AND The Public. And actually it is Meghan and Harry that keep endlessly mulling over purported slights and grievances. Endlessly. In Interviews, Books, and Docu-series.

Harry and Meghan were invited by the Queen to visit her at Balmoral, with the children last August. The invitation was declined. We NOW know that Queen Elizabeth knew she was VERY ill, She tried right up to the end. To no avail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom