The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Samantha is hardly likely to do that. The vast majority of her case was what was in Finding Freedom. She has only 14 days to present what would then be a very sparse amended case. And she faces, if Meghan wishes it, paying Meghan’s costs as well as her own. Still, that’s what you get when you sue and present a weak case.

Last edited:
Article about donations to the charity and salaries involved

Harry and Meghan's charity received $13m from two anonymous donors.

Excerpt:

Archewell Foundation received $10 million from one unknown individual donor and $3 million from another, alongside $4,470 in public donations.

The organization has never asked the public for donations, and it operates on the basis of making partnerships and investing “millions of dollars across the non-profit space for sustainable programs and campaigns”...

...the non-profit spent $163,085 on salaries, which the Duke and Duchess do not take.

James Holt, the chief executive of the foundation, was listed as working for an hour a week and received a $59,846 salary as well as $3,832 in other benefits...

In a nonprofit, or the ones I knew while working in government, you assign yourself a salary just line for any other staff member. Main reason is to contribute toward your future social security retirement funds if they retire about age 62, 65 or 67. Plus, the salary deducts the costs associated with a group medical insurance, which I hope they have for their team and themselves.

If H&M don't give themselves a paycheck that means they live off their personal private accounts or investments if any. Hollywood celebrities tend to invest in properties for flipping or resale as a source of income when they no longer work in TV, movies etc.

Samantha is hardly likely to do that. The vast majority of her case was what was in Finding Freedom. She has only 14 days to present what would then be a very sparse amended case. And she faces, if Meghan wishes it, paying Meghan’s costs as well as her own. Still, that’s what you get when you sue and present a weak case.

In my opinion they are birds of a feather.

Samantha can still appeal on the interview, not on the book.
But it’s fair. As much as I have an opinion on Meghan, Samantha had no ground to sue for the book, no matter the involvement Meghan had in the writing.

She can't appeal anything. What she can do is amend the three claims that were dismissed without prejudice. The case is done. What she is trying to do now is not pay Meghan's lawyer fees because if those are also dismissed with prejudice, then Meghan's request for Samantha to pay all fees is with merit.

In the case papers, the judge legally let Samantha know she had 14 days to amend with more information to help her case but warned that the likelihood that it will go in her favor was slim to none.

Article about donations to the charity and salaries involved

Harry and Meghan's charity received $13m from two anonymous donors.

Excerpt:

Archewell Foundation received $10 million from one unknown individual donor and $3 million from another, alongside $4,470 in public donations.

The organization has never asked the public for donations, and it operates on the basis of making partnerships and investing “millions of dollars across the non-profit space for sustainable programs and campaigns”...

...the non-profit spent $163,085 on salaries, which the Duke and Duchess do not take.

James Holt, the chief executive of the foundation, was listed as working for an hour a week and received a $59,846 salary as well as $3,832 in other benefits...

In a nonprofit, or the ones I knew while working in government, you assign yourself a salary just line for any other staff member. Main reason is to contribute toward your future social security retirement funds if they retire about age 62, 65 or 67. Plus, the salary deducts the costs associated with a group medical insurance, which I hope they have for their team and themselves.

If H&M don't give themselves a paycheck that means they live off their personal private accounts or investments if any. Hollywood celebrities tend to invest in properties for flipping or resale as a source of income when they no longer work in TV, movies etc.

That's a pretty high hourly rate: (assuming he is allowed 2 weeks vacation) that would be an hourly rate of 1196.92 USD (59,846/50); including benefits it ends up at an hourly rate of 1273.56 USD (63678/50) --> without vacation it would be: 1150.88 USD and 1224.58 USD respectively.

And apparently running Archewell doesn't require much time: the two benefactors spend about 50 hours a year as does the CEO. In addition, they've less than twice the salary of their CEO left for any other personnel, so even if they would receive only a tenth of their boss's salary that would equate to roughly 900 hours a year (i.e., 112 days - so, one employee for about 2 days and 2 hours a week).

Last edited:
How has this really become a thing. So silly. The 1 hour is just a placeholder, not the actual amount of time they spent working. This is pretty standard in tax forms like this. The tabloid press making it something it is not is not surprising, but basic research will explain this. But I don't expect them to actually explain. No clicks and drama in that. It is just lazy.

At least the Telegraph didn't pretend to not understand it in their write up...

Apart from the April Fools ‘joke’ which I spotted immediately I saw the date of publication something a bit more serious…

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1753582/royal-family-live-prince-harry-meghan-markle-earthquake

A statement on the couple's Archewell website shared: "With support from The Archewell Foundation, Humanity Crew’s mental health professionals in Turkey, in addition to helping aid workers on the ground, are able to continue their work providing psychological aid to alleviate trauma and shock; training local responders on providing mental health support; running support groups with adolescents; serving families through counselling; and working with non-governmental organizations to ensure culturally competent interventions.

"These two beloved organizations are committed to supporting communities in the region, and The Archewell Foundation is proud to have connected and uplifted them both as they do life-changing work."

Humanity Crew expressed their gratitude to Archewell on Instagram, writing: ""We are grateful for the ongoing support of The Archewell Foundation, which has been instrumental in helping us provide critical mental health support to those affected by the recent earthquake in Turkey and Syria."

Apart from the April Fools ‘joke’ which I spotted immediately I saw the date of publication something a bit more serious…

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1753582/royal-family-live-prince-harry-meghan-markle-earthquake

A statement on the couple's Archewell website shared: "With support from The Archewell Foundation, Humanity Crew’s mental health professionals in Turkey, in addition to helping aid workers on the ground, are able to continue their work providing psychological aid to alleviate trauma and shock; training local responders on providing mental health support; running support groups with adolescents; serving families through counselling; and working with non-governmental organizations to ensure culturally competent interventions.

"These two beloved organizations are committed to supporting communities in the region, and The Archewell Foundation is proud to have connected and uplifted them both as they do life-changing work."

Humanity Crew expressed their gratitude to Archewell on Instagram, writing: ""We are grateful for the ongoing support of The Archewell Foundation, which has been instrumental in helping us provide critical mental health support to those affected by the recent earthquake in Turkey and Syria."

It riles me when they say “support”. What does it mean? Did they donate? Did they organize anything at all? Or did they just rent their name? Which is perfectly acceptable, but more clarity would be so welcomed!

Did they do something more substantial - you know, like involving themselves in the clearing of the debris and plans for rebuilding?

It riles me when they say “support”. What does it mean? Did they donate? Did they organize anything at all? Or did they just rent their name? Which is perfectly acceptable, but more clarity would be so welcomed!

Did they do something more substantial - you know, like involving themselves in the clearing of the debris and plans for rebuilding?

I suppose it doesn't take a lot to rile you up then ?

But on a serious note, although I'd personally venture to say it sort of goes without saying that their support has been financial, I don't really see what difference it would make for them to elaborate the exact ways in which they've supported. Especially not so long as the organisation is vocally praising said support:

Well it would turn that thread, and the life of some of its members, far less exciting isn't it ?

Indeed! The fact that members here actually believed such a bogas article worries me. It was clear to see that article was complete satire, yet there are those who thought there was truth.

I understand that the concept of April Fools may not translate to a lot of the TRF members (I myself think it's a stupid thing), but the fact there are those who blindly follow whatever the media prints, without questioning, actually justifies exactly what Harry and Meghan have highlighted about the toxicity of media. I just implore our members to reason and to question if what they read is truth, half-truth or complete lies

Didn't the Sun also have Harry's April Fool during lockdown? One with him pushing a trolley full of toilet paper rolls (that was April Fools, right?).

So no game about Harry, but apparently there's a spoof book of Spare titled “Spare Us! A Harrody” which will be available in the U.K. on 5 April. It's written by*Bruno Vincent, his other books include best-seller “Five on Brexit Island." (Is it just me or there's a lot of "best-seller" books I've never heard before? Is it that easy to get "best-seller" title now?)

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...y-spare-book-parody-spare-us-harrody-hachette

Anyway, even though this game is an April joke, it's actually a good business idea if the Sussexes are interested to venture on it. It will be a hit, fast. If they're in every-publicity-is-good-publicity territory, even simple online game where the players throw darts at Harry animated character will quickly become a hit. Because the Sussexes do attract such a weird crowd; their haters are as toxic/obsessed with them just as their cult-like fans. I mean, a video of Meghan got millions hits just in a day because the hater crowd flocked into it just to give a thumb down (rather ironic, isn't it?). But a click is a click and in the current time where the clicks means money and money is what the Sussexes want, why not seize the opportunity, right?

Indeed! The fact that members here actually believed such a bogas article worries me. It was clear to see that article was complete satire, yet there are those who thought there was truth.

I understand that the concept of April Fools may not translate to a lot of the TRF members (I myself think it's a stupid thing), but the fact there are those who blindly follow whatever the media prints, without questioning, actually justifies exactly what Harry and Meghan have highlighted about the toxicity of media. I just implore our members to reason and to question if what they read is truth, half-truth or complete lies

Fortunately, I don't think you need to worry... I didn't see anyone 'actually believing' it. Most people immediately referenced April Fools day in one way or another and the first one to respond expressed serious doubts... Nobody started discussing how this was a new low for H&M - which would have happened if they had been convinced this was true.

Last edited:
Actually kind of telling how these papers can write just about anything and people will believe it. Today was April Fools and yet it didn't matter. ?

I think naive or gullible people always existed and will exist always. As are people who doubt everything.

For me the most unbelievable stories about the two were actually from their own documentary, book, interviews

Proving media harassment by using footage from Harry Potter premiere, a Katie Price event and such? We all would have ridiculed 'the media' if they had done that.
The todger talk, the fight scene with 'Willy': again, we would have totally talked down 'the media' if they had brought that up.

I didn't fall for this one either; i did for that other one about the Coronatian :lol: , but that's for another thread :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom