The Duchess of Sussex's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From a purely fashion response to this thread, this was my favourite look from the Duchess during the three days. That said, I fully appreciate the comments made by some here about the apparent lack of sensitivity to the culture.
I do like the print and the outfit, and she does wear it well. But this was not the place to show so much skin considering the rest of the ladies are in the tradition of covering up more for religious reasons. Megan didn't get the memo when she travels abroad, she needs to listen to advice and bring garments that are in her style but show respect to the people around her, too.

Just for a frame of reference, imagine wearing this same gown to a Middle Eastern event, to an event with Japanese royals or a visit to the Pope or any other religious leader. You can't be that tone deaf about other cultures when your brand is about respecting others with inclusivity.

The dress is from Oscar de la Renta
It looks very like the Stella McCartney wedding reception dress, although not as well-made. (This version seems to pucker across her hips).

Wonder why she didn't just wear the original dress?

It looks very like the Stella McCartney wedding reception dress, although not as well-made. (This version seems to pucker across her hips).

I agree, the dress is very similar to the Stella dress worn to the wedding reception at Frogmore House.

It does remind me of her reception dress. As to why she didn't wear the original, my guess would be that after two pregnancies the dress no longer fits the same way.

She looks very good in it, it is a lovely dress and the shoulder cut/ neckline suits her well.
Do American celebrities actually buy these dresses or does the designer lend it to them for exposure?
As they will probably only wear the dress once the latter may make more sense.

Last edited:
It does remind me of her reception dress. As to why she didn't wear the original, my guess would be that after two pregnancies the dress no longer fits the same way.
It may also be the fact that beeing one of her wedding dresses she does not want it to be associated to any other events. But she is fond of the style and so she purchased a similar one to use for this type of ocasions.

Or the reception dress is in London because wedding dresses and such are often on display. Her wedding dress has been on display before, so I can imagine some important dresses and such are kept somewhere.

It may also be the fact that beeing one of her wedding dresses she does not want it to be associated to any other events. But she is fond of the style and so she purchased a similar one to use for this type of ocasions.
That is a very likely reason too.

The cut of the dress is nice but it seems to have some construction issues. The seams along the sides are puckered

Do American celebrities actually buy these dresses or does the designer lend it to them for exposure?
I am sure celebrities and influencers like Meghan are just lent dresses.

I was looking at Meghan's attire during some businness summit in the Hamptons- dull color, baggy, wrinkled suit in desperate need of good iron.... A BIG NO!

Pants are too long, vest is too oversized, it needs to be ironed, and that color does nothing for her. In short, a big ol' fail.
I can’t think of anything good to say about the outfit. It’s just not flattering. And completely swallows her.

Some people can pull off the oversized look. I don’t really care for it, but some people can make it work. I don’t think Meghan is one of those people.

I never really comment on the fashion threads but yikes! the state of those trousers! 😲

I do not own an iron, ergo I do not wear linen.
Now, I personally love linen when it’s super hot outside and yes, it wrinkles no matter how much you iron it! I own an iron that I haven’t used in forever🤣. So I don’t have a problem with the wrinkles but the length of those pants - looks bad and also a trip hazard😬

Isn´t the fabric linnen? You can iron that all you want but the moment it is off the ironing board it starts to wrinkle again. But a great fabric for the summer temperatures of course.

I’m new here so pls be gentle with me. 🙏😂

I actually do like the look, grungy casual and billowing material on the bottom half. To me it says I don’t need to dress sexy and I find it makes her look so much more approachable. My Mum of course would reach for an iron despite everyone knowing that linen creases regardless.

Having said the above it’s also nice to see a balanced forum of opinions where people are polite to one another. I’ve been down a rabbit hole with some very negative posters of late and had to leave the social forum in the end. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom