The Duchess of Gloucester Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I almost cried when I saw her using that masterpiece of a tiara again!

Lovely to see the Indian tiara on the Duchess, such an interesting piece! I can't place the pendant of the necklace, does anybody know more?

It's an amazing piece. Fit for a Queen regnant. I hope it can always be in the Crown Collection or be carefully looked after in some way. It seems the pieces she has are unusual and historic. Quite a serious responsibility to look after this with all the other things passed on from the previous generation.

Last edited:
Lovely to see the Indian tiara on the Duchess, such an interesting piece! I can't place the pendant of the necklace, does anybody know more?
The necklace looks very old. To me, who knows nothing really about jewels, it looks more 18th or 19th century 'old rose cut' which is the biz. I can't stand seeing modern Diamonds at the auction Houses or wherever that look like they've been cut and polished to within an inch of their lives and probably lost half their weight or nearly in the process. They all look like crystal to me :nonono:. The old cuts allow you to see the stone better - they won't tell you that on Bond Street! 😜

Last edited:
Wow! So excited to see this beautiful tiara. It looks fabulous on her.

The Duchess looked fantastic, and her jewels, especially the unique tiara were the highlight of this occasion for me.

It looks like she is using diamond floral elements as buttons on her clothing.

The Duchess of Gloucester also wore some diamond clips on her back during the banquet.

Attachments

• duchess of gloucester.png
    duchess of gloucester.png
    689.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom