The Duchess of Edinburgh's Fashion and Style, Part 1: March 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The style, colour and fit are all lovely, but the v-neck ruffle thing is a bit dated. I think they should have left that off.

I agree, the V-neck ruffle does not really add to the design, IMO.

I think the color is lovely, but I don't like the Little House on the Prairie ruffle on the bodice. The silhouette of the dress is very pretty aside from that.

The colour is nice on the duchess just not keen on the old-fashioned design.

The colour is nice on the duchess just not keen on the old-fashioned design.

I agree with you. The color is great and even the actual cut of dress suits Sophie. The ruffles around neck and the large V to waist reminds me of design we all wore in 1950s when I was in High School. One they really didn't need to resurrect. JMO

Funny how everyone here agree she should have shed the ruffles on the bodice to achieve a more flattering and less dated look? I wonder why whoever helped her choose the outfit didn’t have the same idea.

The Duchess of Edinburgh during the rainy Royal Windsor Horse Show today, May 12:

** Full view **

Very very pretty skirt, and the jacket too !

The Duchess of Edinburgh looked lovely and elegant in a repeated Suzannah London coat dress at the Not Forgotten Association Annual Garden Party today, May 16:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

That's a really very elegant appearance by the duchess!

The top part is really nice but the pants are not and don't really do anything.

Well, they do produce an Escher-esque optical illusion!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Edinburgh visiting Berkshire College of Agriculture today, May 18:

** Full view **

Its not bad and perfectly fine for the Campus event.

A nice comfortable look. Walking around a campus I think this is a nice comfy shoe. I noticed since QE passed a lot of Royals are wearing wedge heeled shoes. The King must not mined too much in the change in the attire of the Royal Ladies. Relaxed look. Maybe Camilla had some influence with rules.

:previous: I think the sheer age of HLM ensured there would be changes to the "Royal Dress Code" so to speak. Pants suits and a more realistic approach to casual engagements just such as Sophie is wearing were inevitable. Just so long as all "Millinery Required" occasions remain. It sets the standard that encourages every other woman to indulge their personal style with wit and elegance at church, Ascot, etc.

Love love love these looks, but I find it hilarious to see Sophie wearing wedges for two engagements in a row. Queen Lizzy would have never believed it. :lol:

The duchess looked lovely during the visit but her hair always looks nicer when styled back and more professional looking.

The duchess looked lovely during the visit but her hair always looks nicer when styled back and more professional looking.

I agree - she's much more elegant when her hair is back or up.

I like the full length of the first two outfits. Very flattering. Agree her hair looks more elegant when up or styled off her shoulders.

I can't open Look 1 or Look 2 but the rest are all really lovely outfits and nice near hairstyles too.

Some very attractive looks from Sophie. Her hair is very nicely styled in the latter pics and some interesting jewellery.

Really lovely and both the dress and hairstyle are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom