The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 6: March-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't see what all the fuss is about. She paid for the privilage of using this hospital and if she chose to have a bed provided from Clarence House, instead of one dozens of people had (not) slept in, good for her. If she had asked for a reduction in the fee because she was providing her own linen, bed and meals, I could see there might be something to complain about but....

We should show this article and it's writer the contempt they deserve!

Lets hope her new wardrobe looks nice and apporiate and not a waste of money.

Again the ´ Daily Mail´, again Richard Kay...

Is Camilla becoming just a little to grand?

Is Camilla becoming just a little too grand? | the Daily Mail

I only decided to post this article because i´m so upset after reading this gossip :bang: , that you should share it with me...and maybe calm down me a bit, please...
Okay, we know the Daily Mail and we know Kay, but this is a negativ highlight again.
In every sentences he wrote you can read his thoughts that he wants to tell us that Camilla has not the right to behave like a Royal, and not the right to be a Royal.
All his arguments he told us to answer his question in the headline with a´ yes´ are without any meaning.
She eats healthy food and is to grand?
She gives instructions to her staff and is therefor to grand?
She likes to support her husband and is to grand?
I can not bear it anymore! :sick:

sirhon11234 said:
Lets hope her new wardrobe looks nice and apporiate and not a waste of money.
So far, the Duchess looked great in all Robinson/Valentine designs, i don´t know why it should change. And so it will never be a waste of money!:flowers:

A leopard won't change his spots and I'm afraid Richard will always be Richard.

I think he's still grasping for another meal ticket.

One of the main points to remember milla Ca, is that Camillas friends/close circle have never been known to speak out or make any derogatory statements or comments. Unlike Kay, they know Camilla.

With regards to any possible funeral, although it is known that civil servants do meet to discuss such things, I would find it strange if they needed to have 'in depth' discussions on plans that have been agreed on (in the main) a long time ago. As for the comment that 'the Queen does not think it appropriate', who is the senior figure, which courtiers. Remember, they had no plans for Di, it hadn't been discussed and that was before the divorce!

Kay is fond of saying that Camilla only had one smart dress, where does he get this from, even before the wedding we saw Camilla in more than one smart outfit, I wonder how many hunt or polo balls he was invited to, to state this, how many times did he see her going to the bank, her solicitor, 3 hour lunches with friends?

Even his hospital story is a pathetic attempt to make her seem 'demanding'. The majority of people I know who have been into hospital (private or NHS) have complained about the food and had their relatives provide things they actually eat! Hospitals are not like a restaurant, where you can leave if you don't like what is on the menu!

He lost his meal ticket when Di died, all he is doing is clinging on by his grimy fingertips.

Last edited:
There are rumours on the "British Royal Message Board" that Sara Parker-Bowles is expecting. Has anyone here heard anything?

wymanda said:
There are rumours on the "British Royal Message Board" that Sara Parker-Bowles is expecting. Has anyone here heard anything?

Just to be pedantic, Sara has kept her own name and is known as Sara Buys, not Sara Parker-Bowles.

Charlotte1 said:
Just to be pedantic, Sara has kept her own name and is known as Sara Buys, not Sara Parker-Bowles.

Thanks. That's interesting to know.

There is an article in the Daily Mail which has a photo of the couple, who are listed as the Parker-Bowles.

Sara may prefer to be known as Buys but the press has their own idea of course!

Suonymona said:
There is an article in the Daily Mail which has a photo of the couple, who are listed as the Parker-Bowles.

Errr no. The online version of the Daily Mail refers to them as

Camilla's son, Tom Parker Bowles, has confirmed that his wife, fashion journalist Sara Buys, is three months pregnant with their first child.

Under the picture they are listed as Tom and Sarah ( incorrect spelling of her name) no surname.

Royal couple to become grandparents

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to become grandparents.
Tom Parker Bowles, Camilla's son, confirmed to the Mail on Sunday newspaper that he and fashion journalist wife Sarah Buys are expecting their first child.

Congratulations to them all!:flowers:

Wonderful news!
Congratulations to the parents and grandparents in spe!:flowers:

Laura Lopez

Isn't Laura Lopez pregnant too ?
She looked very pregnant to me on the pic when she visited her mother at the hospital

rominet09 said:
Isn't Laura Lopez pregnant too ?
She looked very pregnant to me on the pic when she visited her mother at the hospital
There has not been any announcement regarding Laura, I think it was just a gust of wind billowed out her top.:flowers:

I am very happy for parents and the grandparents. And the baby will be born in the year of pig just like Camilla. Congratulations and can't wait to see the unborn baby!

Suonymona said:

To my mind she may chose to be "Buys" professionally but her married name is Parker-Bowles & that will be the name of her child.

milla Ca said:
A quote from this article about the hospital food Camilla did not want to eat:
" the kitchen is presided over by a chef who was trained by Jamie Oliver." -

LOL! That made my day. I'd prefer my own cooking (or that of my own chef if I had one) anytime to that of a "chef trained by Jamie".... Really, Jamie may be a public success but he simply is not a superior chef. And all who have a bit of knowledge of cooking know that - so probably Tom Parker-Bowles as well. No wonder his mother decided to bring her own.

BTW - I'm glad to read that noone is planning Camilla's funeral. So much for the cancer-rumours....

Last edited:
love_cc said:
I am very happy for parents and the grandparents. And the baby will be born in the year of pig just like Camilla. Congratulations and can't wait to see the unborn baby!
A description of 'year of the pig' people.

The Year of the Pig

Seems to describe some of the Camilla we all know. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Royal couple to become grandparents

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to become grandparents.
Tom Parker Bowles, Camilla's son, confirmed to the Mail on Sunday newspaper that he and fashion journalist wife Sarah Buys are expecting their first child.

Congratulations to them all!:flowers:

such good news! i'm sure camilla must be thrilled.

wymanda said:
To my mind she may chose to be "Buys" professionally but her married name is Parker-Bowles & that will be the name of her child.
Oh Wymanda, you're opening a can of worms with those of us who kept our maiden name when we married! Not everyone takes their huband's name. Especially if that name has some notoriety attached to it . Also, in the US when a woman has a child, the child automatically has the woman's last name unless she indicates something different when filling out the birth certificate.

scooter said:
Not everyone takes their huband's name. Especially if that name has some notoriety attached to it . Also, in the US when a woman has a child, the child automatically has the woman's last name unless she indicates something different when filling out the birth certificate.
Here in the UK, a child automatically takes the name of the father if the parents are married or if unmarried, with the fathers permission. AFAIK, the only time Sarah uses her maiden name, is when she is doing her job, Tom is a well known food writer, so there is no notoriety there. :wacko:

Skydragon said:
Here in the UK, a child automatically takes the name of the father if the parents are married or if unmarried, with the fathers permission. AFAIK, the only time Sarah uses her maiden name, is when she is doing her job, Tom is a well known food writer, so there is no notoriety there. :wacko:

She meant prominence, surely....:flowers:

Tom and Sarah are married and their surname is Parker Bowles. Surely the child will have the same name.
What´s the problem?

scooter said:
Oh Wymanda, you're opening a can of worms with those of us who kept our maiden name when we married! Not everyone takes their huband's name. Especially if that name has some notoriety attached to it . Also, in the US when a woman has a child, the child automatically has the woman's last name unless she indicates something different when filling out the birth certificate.

I seriously don't think Sarah will intentionally leave Tom's name off the birth certificate as father of her child.

Do you seriously believe that scooter or are you raising an hypothetical situation?

These are great news! Camilla a grandma :flowers:! I bet it will be a boy.

Everywhere in the news Charles is named as grandpa. Ok, he will be very happy, too. And somehow it is his grandchild. But, what´s with APB? He is forgotten by the press.

hornsen said:
These are great news! Camilla a grandma :flowers:! I bet it will be a boy.

Everywhere in the news Charles is named as grandpa. Ok, he will be very happy, too. And somehow it is his grandchild. But, what´s with APB? He is forgotten by the press.

Charles is Tom's godfather and stepfather, of course he must be thrilled. But Tom's father is Andrew, and I hope he will be a true loving grand-father for the baby.

ysbel said:
I seriously don't think Sarah will intentionally leave Tom's name off the birth certificate as father of her child.

Do you seriously believe that scooter or are you raising an hypothetical situation?
Oh, I wasn't suggestiong anything of the kind. When I had my daughter 4 years ago, My legal name was Ms. K and my husband is Mr. N the baby was automatically Baby K until I filled out the birth certificate and put her down as Baby N using K for the middle name. In the US when you get married they ask on the license what name you are planning to use. And it's still not a legal change until you change your Social Security and passport. As to the other, notority was a poor choice. Perhaps I should have said instantly identifed?

By the way, just to be clear I think it's great for the whole family!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom