The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 - July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This coat is gorgeous. I love the design, don't mind that it isn't fitted and Kate most always looks beautiful in white. Only finger I can put on it is the length. Knee-length and it would've been perfect.

I think it is yet another of her endless supply of coat dresses designed to merge into the wallpaper. For Spring it is both drab and dreary. Catherine has nice knees and it would be nice if she showed them off with a knee length which would move with her.

As to the very old fashioned lace panel down the front? Whatever was her dresser thinking. She looks like she's wearing scalloped curtain. Oh how I would love to see a Spring like yellow or anything to lift the spirits.

A lot of articles seem to think it was a deliberate choice to invoke images of their wedding a month before their 10th wedding anniversary.
(..)

I also wonder if something brighter was felt inappropriate because of the National Day of Reflection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this was coat that had been ordered for the Japanese State Visit which was cancelled last year? Or for an overseas official visit that had to be postponed? It has that very elegant look for a high profile event.
I wasn't thinking specifically about the Japanese State Visit, but I had a similar theory, that it was ordered for some kind of official occasion that was cancelled or postponed due to the pandemic and she decided on wearing it on Tuesday, as it also was an official/important engagement.
(..)

I don't think a bright colour would work for the occasion at all.
Tuesday 23 March was a special day – bringing people from all backgrounds, communities, and all parts of the UK together, to reflect on the tragic loss of life we've all felt over the last year and support all those who are grieving.
Source: https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/get-involved/day-of-reflection
It would be completely out of place to wear something bright on an event meant to reflect on the tragic, tragic loss of life of so many people and support all of those who are grieving :whistling:

I wonder if this was coat that had been ordered for the Japanese State Visit which was cancelled last year? Or for an overseas official visit that had to be postponed? It has that very elegant look for a high profile event.

my first thought was this coat was ordered for formal engagement/tour and yesterday was the first time Kate has had an appropriate occasion to wear it

I still think the coat is old fashioned - and I've come to the conclusion its the length its a fraction too long

I would like to see the dress underneath - saw brief glimpses of the bottom of it

The Duchess of Cambridge visiting the vaccination centre at Westminster Abbey today, wearing an elegant Catherine Walker coat:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

what a lovely coat. what i am surprised is on using the white colour on a day which was a commemoration of the tragic deaths over the past year - i would have thought a darker colour would have been best.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 -

I like the colour choice and the accessories. A nice look from the Duchess.

Slightly surprised to see Kate isn’t sporting one of the pretty fabric masks she usually wears.

Last edited:
what a lovely coat. what i am surprised is on using the white colour on a day which was a commemoration of the tragic deaths over the past year - i would have thought a darker colour would have been best.
White can signfiy mourning.

The Duchess of Cambridge talked to teachers at a school in County Durham to mark Children's Mental Health Week wearing her Rebecca Taylor tweed jacket again:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** February 2017 **

I love the color but not the design.

Duchess of Cambridge as spoke via video call to a family whose young son had reached out to Shout 85258 for support when he was at crisis point to hear his story and the importance of in the moment text support.

https://shout.ams3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/giveusashout/media/images/Still.width-800.jpg

A beautiful blouse.

A beautiful and elegant dress.

Duchess of Cambridge talking to Jasmine Harrison on World Record for Women's Day

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev9vlpjXAAce8Jt?format=jpg&name=medium

Boden Clothing for the Duchess

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev9vHcBXYAMx_ff?format=jpg&name=large

I love the color but not the print.

The Duchess of Cambridhe visiting School21 in Stratford today, wearing a pink Max & Co coat and a matching top:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I love the coat and blouse but not the pants.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a green Zara jacket during a St Patrick's Day video message:

** Pic **

The outfit looks beautiful. I love the color.

The Duchess of Cambridge visiting Newham ambulance station today, March 18:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

The coat is beautiful but I dislike the blouse.

The Duchess of Cambridge visiting the vaccination centre at Westminster Abbey today, wearing an elegant Catherine Walker coat:

I love the outfit. Beautiful and regal.

how perfect was her outfit! The Catherine Walker coat dress absolutely showed off the necklace and the bow was very flattering also drawing your eye to her face. The hat with the light veil and gorgeous hairdo finished the look.
She appears to be the only female of the grandaughters who can walk in the super high heels they favor. Princess Anne and Camilla wore sensible heels. The others should too, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie because they really couldn't navigate in those stilettos.

Beautiful and elegant outfit on the duchess and a very polished look.

A really lovely look for Catherine.

Catherine looked very elegant today.

The Duchess looked very regal and elegant yesterday. Every inch the future Queen.

Yes, head to toe perfect. Really liked the way her hair was styled.

The Duchess of Cambridge visiting the 282 East Ham Squadron Air Training Corps today, wearing a Dolce & Gabbana coat:

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge visiting the 282 East Ham Squadron Air Training Corps today, wearing a Dolce & Gabbana coat:

Have we seen this coat previously? Seems very much a 2016-2017 vintage, when the Duchess went through her D&G phase. I think it may have been used previously at a Remembrance Sunday.

Last edited:
Have we seen this coat previously? Seems very much a 2016-2017 vintage, when the Duchess went through her D&G phase. I think it may have been used previously at a Remembrance Sunday.
Good eye muriel!:flowers:

Yes previously worn in 2017.

REPEAT Dolce & Gabbana black coat (debut 2017, 2 wears now), The Queen's silver jubilee diamond & pearl earrings (2016, 11), Mulberry 'Bayswater' black clutch (2013, 60+), Tod's black pumps (2017, 16)

Really nice look today on the duchess and lovely to see that coat again.

The Duchess of Cambridge at Manor Farm in Little Stainton, Durham, today, April 27, wearing a TROY x Brora Fair Isle jumper:

** Full view ** Upper part **

For a second visit she changed her jacket, see here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom