The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect outfit for the occasion, and I love the fact that she wears her sapphire engagement ring EVERYWHERE. She must be so proud of it. :D

I really hope the people who think the ring is a copy and the real one is in a safe are correct. Wearing it for the activities she was doing today is in my opinion about as irresponsible as it gets. One of these days, she is going to pull a stunt like that and she will end up losing it. It will serve her right if they never find it.

I really hope the people who think the ring is a copy and the real one is in a safe are correct. Wearing it for the activities she was doing today is in my opinion about as irresponsible as it gets. One of these days, she is going to pull a stunt like that and she will end up losing it. It will serve her right if they never find it.

I could see her damaging it if not careful, but losing a stone that large would be pretty hard. A 12 carat sapphire would be easy to spot.

I love sapphires but have never been a fan of that ring. Its not the most attractive IMO and pretty impractical. But its the style of the 80s when it was made.

The complaint used to be she wore her hair down too much. lol These days- I think she nicely mixes up wearing her hair down and in up dos. It doesn’t seem like there’s one extreme or the other.

Yes, I agree. My dad used to quote to me “ You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. Kate’s approach to her hair style is a good mix and enjoyably unpredictable for a particular type of engagement.
I also echo the comment that the skinny jeans are not always the best fashion choice for some her official appearances but perfect for this type of engagement .

Perfect outfit for the occasion, and I love the fact that she wears her sapphire engagement ring EVERYWHERE.

I could see her damaging it if not careful, but losing a stone that large would be pretty hard. A 12 carat sapphire would be easy to spot.

I really hope the people who think the ring is a copy and the real one is in a safe are correct. Wearing it for the activities she was doing today is in my opinion about as irresponsible as it gets. One of these days, she is going to pull a stunt like that and she will end up losing it.

Pray why would Catherine not wear the ring all the time? Is that not what engagement rings are for?

It will serve her right if they never find it.

Really? Where did that come from?

I don't get it. Most married women I know wear their rings all the time. While the ring is very princessy, it's not like Catherine's going around with a kings ransom on her finger.

The ring is a rather ordinary catalogue sapphire cluster whose value is intrinsic not actual. I therefore fail to see why Catherine should be flashing a fake or the ring kept in a safe.

I don't get it. Most married women I know wear their rings all the time. While the ring is very princessy, it's not like Catherine's going around with a kings ransom on her finger.

The ring is a rather ordinary catalogue sapphire cluster whose value is intrinsic not actual. I therefore fail to see why Catherine should be flashing a fake or the ring kept in a safe.

Can I also add that it’s been altered to fit her finger?! So it’s very unlikely to fall off.

There’s literally nothing wrong with Catherine wearing it on a day like yesterday. I only ever take mine off when I’m around water.

:previous:As well being fitted to her finger, I'm sure it is regularly checked by a jeweler to be sure the stones are secure as well. That ring is something people look for on her finger. It would be weird not to wear it.

Last edited:
My mom has been using her engagement ring and wedding ring for 32 years. She never takes them off, unless the doctor says so for some medical check up or something. She doesn't take them off even with water.

There's no need for Catherine to take the ring off when doing some outdoor engagement. Rings, especially with good material, have a long durability.

So sue me! I think it is totally irresponsible and stupid to wear a ring that is supposedly worth something in the region of half a million dollars plus when you are going to be shearing sheep.

So sue me! I think it is totally irresponsible and stupid to wear a ring that is supposedly worth something in the region of half a million dollars plus when you are going to be shearing sheep.

Now that is a response and a half! ?

I used to spend a lot of time on jewelry and gemstone forums, and my observation is that when it comes to engagement and wedding rings there are two extremes of wearers.There are the people who take off their rings every time they wash their hands, or go to bed, or go swimming, or gardening or vacuum the floor, etc., with the end result that they actually very seldom wear their rings, except when they are going out to dinner. I tend to be that kind of wearer. The other kind sees their rings as extensions of themselves and wear them for everything--swimming in the ocean, emptying the garbage, gardening, etc. Where someone falls on that spectrum is very individual. Clearly the Duchess of Cambridge falls more on the wear-it-everwhere end of the spectrum, at least in public. It's possible she sees it as part of her DoC uniform. Whatever the case may be, it is no one's business but her own, and it certainly isn't irresponsible.

I wear my engagement and wedding rings nearly all the time. But never when swimming or doing outdoor labor. I’ve known too many people who lost their rings that way. I’m not entirely sure a photo opp sheep shearing is likely to cause trouble. I somehow doubt that’s the full manual labor experience that the pros get, kwim?

I have always thought it quite touching that she chooses to wear her engagement ring at all times. I find nothing irresponsible about this and quite a ‘healthy’ attitude towards precious jewellery which is to be enjoyed and to enhance your mood.

White with black trim for Kate at the Garter today. She has the Collingwood pearl earrings on.

Last edited:
I really don’t like it, too clinical for me. Also don’t like the false peplum created by the extra material on the sides.

Not a fan...disliking the peplum and it needs to be about 2 inches longer.

Does she have something similar in grey? it looks a bit familiar to me. The black lines/embellishments on the chest-waist are odd and I would prefer without it (even though it would look very plain). The whole coat especially the collar are something cute/girly while these black lines are so sporty to me (remind me these streamlines (?) on these sport outfits). Nice to see that old black hat again anyway (funny that I used to hate that and now the more I see it, I think I like it more and more......).

Edit: I just realise there is false peplum (thanks posters above!), I hope she will not be very into it as the peplums from her outfits recently aren't very flattering.

Last edited:
I'm not liking this one at all, which is odd for me, because I usually really like Catherine Walker+Duchess of Cambridge. It's the combination of the collar, the black piping, the peplum, and the gathered shoulders. Put all together it's a bit much, and doesn't seem as sleek and sophisticated as I would expect for an event like the Garter Service.

Don't like todays outfit on the duchess who normally excels at these events.

This is a miss for me.

I like this a lot and think the length is fine.

She looks lovely. My only nitpik is I'd like an extra 2 inches on hem. I think the proportions would be better if the skirt covered the knees.

I quite like this on her...it's nice and somewhat simple. No need to try and out do the Queens there. IIRC she's worn this before.

LaRae

I am not a fan of her coat dresses to be honest but this one I'd give it to her. It looks nice on her. She looked well-put

Not a fan of this.. too 'graphic', and the proportions are off.. and the skirt would be better if it were two inches longer.

I like the style & the shorter length on her - suits her age & she has the legs for it. I'm not keen on the white (ivory would be better) & the black trim looks a bit amateurish.

Too short, and for some reason I am getting a juvenile vibe. Not quite sure why, but my first thought was that it looked like a dress for a little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom