The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord:eek:

Waist up it’s good, but those trousers ruin the whole thing. Horrible!
Only someone 2 meters tall and rail thin could make this work and even then I’d hate the floor sweepers.

The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 -

I haven’t really liked any of her fashion choices this Ascot but this is particularly unflattering. Agree that the hat conflicts with the rest of the outfit, but Sophie is short waisted and the wide belt coupled with a wide legged trouser is not a good a look for her. That’s where a lot of the issues lie.

Last edited:
Oh lord:eek:

Waist up it’s good, but those trousers ruin the whole thing. Horrible!
Only someone 2 meters tall and rail thin could make this work and even then I’d hate the floor sweepers.

Exactly! This could look very different on a model (and perhaps that's how she saw it) but on Sophie, the crotch is near her knees so it makes her legs look short & dumpy.

Dear Lord thats one of Sophie's worst outfits I honestly don't know where to start!

Day 1 ...curtains head to toe, an unfortunate choice.

Appearance 2 The pantsuit....Absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen her wear. It needs to be burned at the stake.

Appearance 3 LOVE the dress..the hat..not so much.

LaRae

Last edited:
I don't like the jumpsuit look at all, and she needs a better bra. But I adore her shoes.

I like everything except the horrid shoes. I don't mind wedges but those are ruined by the ribbon ties. Those ties don't flatter anyone. Leave them for ballerinas in toe shoes.

I agree. The ballerina ties are a bit distracting IMO. Otherwise a great summer look for Sophie. ?

I might be the odd one out here, but I think this look from Sophie is a little mismatched. I like the pieces of clothing individually but not together as one outfit.

I might be the odd one out here, but I think this look from Sophie is a little mismatched. I like the pieces of clothing individually but not together as one outfit.

Although the jacket is a good colour match I am not sure of the style working with the skirt.

Sophie in Forfar, Scotland, today, July 1, wearing a Gabriela Hearst dress:

** Full view ** Dress **

Last edited:
Sophie looks great, although I am not sure I like the shoes, pretty as they are, with this outfit. The color seems a bit strong for the soft pastels of the rest of the ensemble.

I like the dress but it could have been better without the jacket. And maybe another pair of shoes too.

Not mad about the jacket it doesn't do anything for the dress which is far nicer.

Totally agree about the mismatch of jacket and dress. It is a very attractive dress. Have we seen it before as I seem to recall the pretty trim?

Sophie looks great, although I am not sure I like the shoes, pretty as they are, with this outfit. The color seems a bit strong for the soft pastels of the rest of the ensemble.

She is a lovely woman. And, usually, looks put together. The shoes, handbag and jacket have no relationship to one another.

Sophie on day 2 in Scotland today, July 2, wearing her blue Victoria Beckham combination and a Loewe coat again:

** Full view ** September 2018 **

Last edited:
Not the best look for the blue and the lovely jacket .. they don't look great together and I really don't like the shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom