The Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla, 6 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this the last time we will see the three Kent Siblings in a big public event? I'm in tears.

Ps: loved seeing Prince Albert and Princess Charlene singing at the top of their lungs.

The fragility of Prince Michael did make me emotional. It’s that thing when you realise that people are proper old. Old age isn’t what it was but when people begin to get frail now that is it. Elizabeth and Philip really did have excellent health.

Take away memory of today will be the music, Charlotte and how emotional Charles was. It to be honest the music.

Definitely, it was surreal to hear these wonderful pieces of music magnificently played and sung in Westminster Abbey. It was like hearing music throughout history from Coronation Anthem for George II to Charles III. I would definitely recommend classical music listeners checking these musical pieces out

Last edited:
Totally agree. It was a beautiful and thoughtful ceremony.

[....]on TV and the internet is about Charles and the people of the UK. And Catherine and Charlote's flower tiaras are the trend on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I[.....] on them and all on TV and the internet is about Charles and the people of the UK. And Catherine and Charlote's flower tiaras are the trend on the internet.

A fabulous celebration of all that is British! I think Charlotte may be the star of the show today ❤️

Last edited by a moderator:
2,036 people in the forum right now. Did we broke the record for a crowning?

A fabulous celebration of all that is British! I think Charlotte may be the star of the show today ❤️

She’s adorable. I love her little up do. The flower tiaras/headpieces really worked well. Sophie, Catherine, and Charlotte looked great.

The height of the moment! God Save the King and everyone singing! The Princess Royale hat blocking Harry's face is priceless ;)

Who is the lady in a magenta pink outfit seated behind Carl Gustav and Victoria? I wondered if it was the Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein but didn’t think she’d be seated in front of other reigning monarchs.

Edit: I’ve just seen that it is indeed the Hereditary Princess, odd seating order.
The Liechtensteins are there as a representatives of the ruling prince and should be seated according to the longevity of his reign.

The King with the Imperial State Crown and God Save The King sung in two verses

Last edited:
Theresa May, as always, gave the deepest curtsey.

I can hear the roar now outside.

The height of the moment! God Save the King and everyone singing! The Princess Royale hat blocking Harry's face is priceless ;)

I loved hearing God Save the King. Wonderful moment.

Lol- yes, her feather and hat did block him.

The Archbishop looks so happy and relieved.

The music selection has been so overwhelmingly beautiful that it could cleanse the dirtiest soul.

What a beautiful ceremony, can't believe I was worried about tiaras being worn, if anything we needed more ROBES!

Long live the British Monarchy and God Save King Charles III. What a great day to be a staunch Christian monarchist.

Will we see the likes of it again? I hope so, but if not: May God bless everyone who made it possible.

I hope not. This was a majestic and grand ceremony. It was a good mix of modern and traditional.

I think that will be the last coronation. The Church of England is likely to be disestablished in the next decades and, with disestablishment, the coronation will be discontinued.

It is an interesting ceremony embedded into an Anglican service, but the anoiting and coronation look out of synch with contemporary times. You can also see it was rather uncomfortable for the King and Queen and for most everyone else involved.

Just my opinion of course.

There’s the gold carriage!

Is the curly-haired page next to George Lord Oliver Cholmondeley? He looks a lot like the Marchioness, but it's probably a coincidence if not so.

A Moment to really remember, an amazing day in the history of my country

It's such a shame that the rain is still coming down and we won't get open carriages for the rest of the royal family.

Wonderful and the Abbey bells, sadly its pouring rain!

It doesn't look like it's pouring - just lightly coming down, sort of similar to the weather we've had here in the Pacific Northwest this week.

The route is far too short for the size of the parade. Those at the front are already a third of the way along The Mall.

Last edited:
OMG, the coach is being held by leather straps. I thought the announcer was kidding about this

I'm following it through BBC world for the last 3 hours. They totally missed entrance of all foreign royals and they didn't show almost none of them inside, except some glances from far. Strange

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

That was amazing! Even my kids stayed up to watch it. The music was breathtaking, ceremony was solemn and beautiful. It was emotional, and....I'M LOST FOR WORDS!

I'm following it through BBC world for the last 3 hours. They totally missed entrance of all foreign royals and they didn't show almost none of them inside, except some glances from far. Strange

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Sadly for BBC is totally normal. They don’t care for foreign royals, differently from many other TVs around the world.

Also, I think some shots/frames were quite unimpressive. The King being crowned was totally covered by the Archbishop. Same for Camilla, taken from the side by miracle.

Back
Top Bottom