Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying to be up there, and not be 400+ miles away it makes sense to have visited his grandmother at Balmoral. But :ermm:

The Cambridges have apparently flown home from Aberdeen on Logainair, the plane they should have flown on to start with ;);) There are no new photos DailyMail has just recycled last weeks one. :flowers:

I just saw some pics. Kate appears to still be wearing the green coat and updo that she wore to church on Sunday so I think they may have left on Sunday afternoon.

The early 90’s video of the Queen, Queen Mother, Princess of Wales and other members of the royal family at the annual Ghillies Ball at Balmoral Castle. The only documentary where The Queen freely speak about royal life. I often wonder if The Queen still dance at these balls?

The early 90’s video of the Queen, Queen Mother, Princess of Wales and other members of the royal family at the annual Ghillies Ball at Balmoral Castle. The only documentary where The Queen freely speak about royal life. I often wonder if The Queen still dance at these balls?

That's a cute video, it was nice seeing the RF dancing. I wish they'd also dance with the other public people who were at the event.

That's a cute video, it was nice seeing the RF dancing. I wish they'd also dance with the other public people who were at the event.

They do. The ball are for their neighbors and for those who work and live on the estate. There are stories from people who danced with the royals at this ball. It’s just not a ball we hear a lot about. The royal family really don’t talk about it and you don’t see anything on the royal website about it either.

I just saw some pics. Kate appears to still be wearing the green coat and updo that she wore to church on Sunday so I think they may have left on Sunday afternoon.

The photo posted was from Monday according to the Mirror.

Harry, Meghan and Archie are going to Balmoral next week, Richard Eden is reporting.

And it will Meghan’s first time there, he is saying.

:previous: Nice to hear. It's back to school week next week which would mean the Cambridge and Phillips/Tindall cousins won't be there, so Archie can have some peaceful alone time with his parents and great-grandparents :D

Meghans 1st visit to Balmoral ,I hope the weather is nice for the Sussex Visit.

Hoping they'll be staying with Charles & Camilla, if it's true.

They stayed with Charles and Camilla at the Castle of Mey last year. I also thought they stayed with then at Birkhall. I think this is that they are actually staying at Balmoral Castle and not at Birkhall, which they haven't done before.

H.M.The queen looking very lovely in her plum coloured outfit for todays Sunday Church Service.

Neither one of the royal's in the queen's Bentley is wearing seat belts - the driver is the only one with a seat belt.

Prince Charles on the other hand is wearing one...

I always thought the bentley had lap belts rather than across the shoulder belts?
I’m sure they are plenty safe

I always thought the bentley had lap belts rather than across the shoulder belts?
I’m sure they are plenty safe

Anyone know who is with Prince Charles in the car?

Possibly his protection officer. He will have had the longer drive from Birkhall rather than simply from Balmoral. He could also be a cousin ... from either the Bowes Lyons or Philip's side. They often also stay with the Queen and Philip at this time. It isn't just the 'royal family' who visit but all of the Queen's and Philip's families who can be invited.

Anyone know who is with Prince Charles in the car?

Camilla was not in the car. Perhaps she has returned to England, to spend a little time with her grandchildren before they return to school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry rarely goes up to Balmoral. I think the last confirmed time was in 2016 and before that was 2012.

Maybe they are just focusing on their upcoming tour.

Although Emily's latest scoops have not been much in terms of truth so who knows.

I prefer a wait and see about the report of them not going to Balmoral. It is possible they may go and this is yet another made up story.

So, it’s out that The Queen will be entertaining PM Johnson this weekend at Balmoral. So the Sussex snub headline is pure nonsense. Even if the PM wasn’t going, the Sussexes wouldn’t snub The Queen’s invite over the ridiculous idea that Archie is far too young to fly. Obviously that’s not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think it would be nice for the Sussexes to eventually visit Balmoral during the summer but I understand it’s not everybody’s cup of tea.

Harry rarely goes up to Balmoral. I think the last confirmed time was in 2016 and before that was 2012.

Maybe they are just focusing on their upcoming tour.

Although Emily's latest scoops have not been much in terms of truth so who knows.

I imagine they see the Queen a lot already since they live so close to her at Windsor.

So, it’s out that The Queen will be entertaining PM Johnson this weekend at Balmoral. So the Sussex snub headline is pure nonsense. Even if the PM wasn’t going, the Sussexes wouldn’t snub The Queen’s invite over the ridiculous idea that Archie is far too young to fly. Obviously that’s not true.

Various members of the family are typically present when the PM visits, so that would not be an impediment to the Sussex family visiting. Also, whilst the PM may only be there for the weekend, one would assume the Sussex family would stay for longer, and on days that do not have to include the weekend.

So, it’s out that The Queen will be entertaining PM Johnson this weekend at Balmoral.
Maybe he can bring his youngest brother so the queen can help them make peace :whistling:

Hehehe. That was a thought that went through my mind too. I'm sure Mr. Johnson will have an enjoyable weekend in Scotland and will be treated as an honored guest by HM, The Queen. She could write a textbook on being diplomatic. :D

for all we know they may have already been there for a few days and back again, there are never any official announcements when family visit. The bottom line is we do not know and everything else is guess work.

for all we know they may have already been there for a few days and back again, there are never any official announcements when family visit. The bottom line is we do not know and everything else is guess work.

Quite right.

However, some of the press is reporting that the Sussex' don't need to visit Balmoral as they live on the Windsor estate and see the Queen often. To me, this is just a bit of Sussex spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom