State Visit from Iceland to Denmark: October 8-9, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, she did not curtsey, just made a (very) slight bow to Frederik.

I was referring to when she arrived in Denmark by boat/ship where she curtseyed to the King and Queen

How lovely that Princess Benedikte is also present. What order is she wearing? A lower Icelandic order?
Yes, she is wearing the Order of the Falcon, but the sash is worn incorrectly

So, it's the same as Frederik and Mary but incorrectly worn...

Just looked it up on Wikipedia and the order was issued by royal decree in 1921 by Benedikte's grandfather King Christian X - who was also king of Iceland until 17 June 1944 (1 1/2 months after Benedikte was born!).

Day 2 has started:

** rex gallery ** gtresnews gallery **

And the return event:

** gtresnews gallery **

This may be an odd comment , but I cannot recall any entrance to an evening affair where , even before Frederick became King , he and Mary entered arm in arm . Even on her first State dinner before their wedding they processed side by side , not actually touching . It was just something that struck me about their entrance to the Icelandic Dinner .

A big for the King. Always nice to see the special connection with Greenland.

Today the President of Iceland spoke on meeting Queen Magrethe
"- I was very pleasantly surprised! She is a great female role model for me, said Halla Tómasdóttir, who also described the meeting as a highlight of the state visit, but she quickly added that everything had been great.
- It has honestly been like an adventure for me to be here, said the Icelandic president with a huge smile."

A nice BT video of the gala dinner.

Notice the persons standing behind the Regent Couple and the Icelandic First Couple. They are all-round servants if you like to the DRF. Usually with a military background and often applying for a position at the court after completing conscription. The women in the red tunic was IIRC a conscript in the Guards Hussars.
She and the men, notice that she can opt for a skirt, all wear the gala uniform on the occasion. Red tunic = løber = runner = junior servant. Green tunic = jæger = hunter = senior servant.

Back
Top Bottom