Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental instability also could mean that she -in the age of an adult- isnt aware of her status and the obligations of the family she blongs too. Dont forget, she isnt a pure privat person but member of a ruling family. Everything she do can being a big problem for peace and stability in the region even she hasnt a ruling position within the family. Being not aware of her own position can create a big mess to a country and between states on political basis.

Think about other royal family members worldwide. They also have to be aware of their status to the society. For instance the wifes of Prince Harry and Prince William. Both involved in royal obligations even the family no longer ruling the country. The ladies can not easily break out into the life of a common person (even both were before marry a prince) just everytime they want. Or can you imagine the queen of UK to tell the world: sorry, I cant meet the prime minister of x-state today because I prefer to go swimming instead.

Sheikha Latifa can only win against herself if she succeeds in gaining personal freedom as part of her social role only. Being adult in her case means giving up personal wishes to the good of society first. That's what her ancestors did and what made them paramount reigning sheikhs.

According to her video, Latifa knows very well who she is, who her father is, who her mother is and who are her siblings. She also knows her position at the society.
Latifa could work for the good of the whole world and women's issues very well too, if she would live outside Dubai. In fact, much better than in Dubai. She doesn't have to live in Dubai to work in benefit of the people of Dubai. The world has changed and Latifa doesn't have to do the same way her ancestors did.

Many royal and business families have unruly members to deal with. It can be done in civilised ways and by developing acceptable exit strategies.

Maybe the visit from Mrs. Robinson might be the first step looking for acceptable exit strategies.

Latifa could work for the good of the whole world and women's issues very well too, if she would live outside Dubai. In fact, much better than in Dubai. She doesn't have to live in Dubai to work in benefit of the people of Dubai. The world has changed and Latifa doesn't have to do the same way her ancestors did.

Sheikha Fatima said one day: you might be able to change the skyline of a city completely within some years. But it need at least 100 years and more to change the view of people. So dont forget the people of the region here. Currently it doesnt working the way you told.

According to her video, Latifa knows very well who she is, who her father is, who her mother is and who are her siblings. She also knows her position at the society.

But even she knows it she still dreaming of being a common person. Would it working to edit your past really???

Same as a common adult person who dreaming her whole life being a princess or queen one day and miss a normal and happy life someone could have.

Last edited:
Mental instability also could mean that she -in the age of an adult- isnt aware of her status and the obligations of the family she blongs too. Dont forget, she isnt a pure privat person but member of a ruling family. Everything she do can being a big problem for peace and stability in the region even she hasnt a ruling position within the family. Being not aware of her own position can create a big mess to a country and between states on political basis.

Think about other royal family members worldwide. They also have to be aware of their status to the society. For instance the wifes of Prince Harry and Prince William. Both involved in royal obligations even the family no longer ruling the country. The ladies can not easily break out into the life of a common person (even both were before marry a prince) just everytime they want. Or can you imagine the queen of UK to tell the world: sorry, I cant meet the prime minister of x-state today because I prefer to go swimming instead.

Sheikha Latifa can only win against herself if she succeeds in gaining personal freedom as part of her social role only. Being adult in her case means giving up personal wishes to the good of society first. That's what her ancestors did and what made them paramount reigning sheikhs.

But Latifa, like Shamsa never had and probabiy never wanted an official role. She says in the video that she sants freedom even if that means flippin burgers! And in other monarchies you can adept the level of Public activities.

Anyway the whole PR stunt with Mrs. Robinson has gone a-Wall. Her twitter is blockets and the buzz about Latifas fate seems to be more discusses now then this spring when she first was kidnapped.

Mrs. Robin is referring to Princess Haya in the interview as the One who invited her. Seems like she tok a step to save her husband from this PR disaster for Dubai that Latifa is and the **** just hit the fan thanks to Mrs. Robinson.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-willing-pawn-of-uae-over-visit-with-princess

Last edited:
Ken Roth, executive director of HRW (Human Rights Watch) said he had an email correspondence with Robinson after he learned she had visited Princess Latifa. He sent her a link to reporting on the case by HRW.
“Mary Robinson said in the BBC interview that Princess Latifa is ‘a troubled young woman’, though I would be troubled too if I had tried to escape a gilded prison and was kidnapped back into it,” said Roth.
“I’m not sure that Mary Robinson during such a short visit would be capable of discerning the difference. A brief interview in the presence of the family that allegedly kidnapped her, after who knows what treatment she had been subjected to during the past nine months of incommunicado detention, is no way to find out.”
Radha Stirling, the chief executive of the Detained in Dubai group, said listeners to the interview with Robinson would have been “astonished at the extent to which Ms Robinson appeared to be reciting almost verbatim from Dubai’s script”.
Aisha Ali-Khan, a UK-based rights campaigner, also criticised Robinson, saying: “It seems clear to me that Robinson has been used as a willing pawn in the PR battle between the UAE ruling family and the rest of the world.”
Mary Robinson labelled a 'willing pawn' over visit with UAE princess _ World news _ The Guardian

Press statement from Guernica Group
Press Statement: Concern and Disappointment Expressed Over UAE Visit by Mary Robinson
With respect to Mrs. Robinson, this does not answer the pertinent questions in respect of this situation and is quite disappointing to see a person of Mrs. Robinson’s stature brushing over what are very serious complaints. This is not a private family matter, there are credible allegations that a number of individuals were unlawfully attacked in international waters, were unlawfully abducted, handcuffed, beaten and detained incommunicado for a lengthy period of time. Mrs. Robinson fails to address this point at all.
Further, it does not answer the questions raised surrounding her treatment that gave rise to escape attempt in the first instance, it does not answer the questions asked surrounding the boarding of the yacht the Nostromo, nor does it answer the questions raised concerning the treatment of those that should to assist Sheikha Latifa.
The reality of the matter is that a young woman, one who made the most serious of allegations against her own family, so serious that she felt that she had no other option but to organise a covert escape out of the country, has not been heard from or seen for a period of 9-months after being detained on a boat near the coast of India.
No explanation has been provided from either the Government of the UAE or the Government of India as to why a yacht in international waters, sailing under the flag of the United States, was boarded by armed forces and its occupants detained and beaten.
No explanation has been provided as to why a number of those on the boat were imprisoned and tortured.
No explanation has been provided as to why Sheikha Latifa has been hidden from view for 9-months, and even now, is prevented from speaking to anyone.
The statement
Press Statement: Concern and Disappointment Expressed Over UAE Visit by Mary Robinson _ London, UK _ The Guernica Group

Last edited:
This is not a private family matter, there are credible allegations that a number of individuals were unlawfully attacked in international waters, were unlawfully abducted, handcuffed, beaten and detained incommunicado for a lengthy period of time. Mrs. Robinson fails to address this point

Its a complicated situation not easily to understood. There was a big demand of 300 milion dollars and 30 million dollars right away before Sheikha Latifa was taken off the boat. The circumstances of the plot need to be examined. Did Sheikha Latifa planned her escape or was she just a part of a plan of escape with someone in the backround who just want to take benefits of a young woman troubled with her situation and family origin?

Currently it is like Al khandae posted before:
:previous:
and how we know that really what happen i mean we don't have any proves as we don't have any about her metal issues as her relatives claim,so don't get me wrong i am not taking anyone side i just said WE DON'T KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPEN OR WHAT THE THRUT IS,as much as the story of the running princess is facinating WE DON'T HAVE ANY PROVE OF IT OR THE PLANS TO ESPACE ONLY WHAT MEDIA SAID AND SOME OF PPL TALK WHOS ARE ACCUSED BY HER FAMILY OF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SHEIKHA...where is the thruth? WE DON'T KNOW

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Latifa, like Shamsa never had and probabiy never wanted an official role. She says in the video that she sants freedom even if that means flippin burgers!

Well, even without any official role, she still remains a family member of a ruling family in a very sensitive environment. Her efforts for freedom being an ordinary person are understandable, but this desire cant achieve by escape. Its based on failure to think that her matter is being solved just with getting outside the country. An escape of a family member of a ruling family always leads to diplomatic problems. Her private affairs are slipping across the political arena, and for one person like her often it's not the best way to achieve personal goals. For the involved parties it is even harder to impossible now to find a proper, good and acceptable exit because of public attention.

Last edited:
Its a complicated situation not easily to understood. There was a big demand of 300 milion dollars and 30 million dollars right away before Sheikha Latifa was taken off the boat. The circumstances of the plot need to be examined. Did Sheikha Latifa planned her escape or was she just a part of a plan of escape with someone in the backround who just want to take benefits of a young woman troubled with her situation and family origin?
No evidence for such demand of money has been shared publicly nor with the relevant UN and human rights authorities looking after this case, whose questions were left unanswered so far.

As Tiina Jauhiainen said at an TV-interview, and she has said also many other times to the finnish press: That claim about some kind of ransom is totally unfounded. If Jaubert would have done that, why would they have released Jaubert two days before when Tiina Jauhiainen was released, and let Jaubert and his staff leave Dubai, if he would have wanted millions of ransom?

No evidence for such demand of money has been shared publicly nor with the relevant UN and human rights authorities looking after this case, whose questions were left unanswered so far.

Who is responsible to examine the evidence for the demand of money in this matter? The UN, the human right groups or is it a task of the investigating authorities of the country?

As Tiina Jauhiainen said at an TV-interview, and she has said also many other times to the finnish press: That claim about some kind of ransom is totally unfounded. If Jaubert would have done that, why would they have released Jaubert two days before when Tiina Jauhiainen was released, and let Jaubert and his staff leave Dubai, if he would have wanted millions of ransom?

Maybe not Jaubert or his staff nor Tiina but someone else took action in that case staying in the dark. But all that is just speculation. As a said before: an examination of the whole case is needed, and at the end of all that mess I hope for an acceptable solution in the interest of Sheikha Latifa.

Last edited:
As a said before: an examination of the whole case is needed.

Exactly so let a doctor that is not on the UAE payroll examine Latifa, let the FBI (US flagged ship) and Interpol/Europol take over the investigation after that Latifa is taken to a neutral country for some real rehabilitation/relaxation.

Latifas human rights and well being first. Then her alleges illness and claimed randsom.

Exactly so let a doctor that is not on the UAE payroll examine Latifa, let the FBI (US flagged ship) and Interpol/Europol take over the investigation after that Latifa is taken to a neutral country ....

As you represent it: her case isnt just that of a private person which makes it more complicated. Its close to a political matter which cant be solved like a pure family issue.

Maybe I'm wrong: But if we consider it a private matter, its also not us who are able to decide about the medical care of Sheikha Latifa.

By the way: Do you know if FBI and Interpol investigate the matter?

Last edited:
As you represent it: her case isnt just that of a private person which makes it more complicated. Its close to a political matter which cant be solved like a pure family issue.

By the way: Do you know if FBI and Interpol investigate the matter?

Hervé mentioned in some interview that he has been in contact with the FBI. Crime against law of the seas, piracy etc. should be the charges against the attackers of Nostromo. (Not a lawyer myself).

The case is simple on paper. A women seeking political asylum on international waters. So her father is rich and famous. Still she´s and adult seeking asylum on international water. The Indian coastguard not helping the FBI investigation etc. is another more political question.

Hervé mentioned in some interview that he has been in contact with the FBI. Crime against law of the seas, piracy etc. should be the charges against the attackers of Nostromo. (Not a lawyer myself).

Thank you so much for the information. No idea what has to happen in case of crime in international waters. So we can be sure FBI is involved to investigate the case, right?

The case is simple on paper. A women seeking political asylum on international waters. So her father is rich and famous. Still she´s and adult seeking asylum on international water. The Indian coastguard not helping the FBI investigation etc. is another more political question.

But just simple on paper...because Sheikha Latifa isnt just an adult woman from nowhere seeking asylum abroad. As you said: more of a political question.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the information. No idea what has to happen in case of crime in international waters. So we can be sure FBI is involved to investigate the case, right?

But just simple on paper...because Sheikha Latifa isnt just an adult woman from nowhere seeking asylum abroad. As you said: more of a political question.

But It will not lead to anything unless the government of India is cooperating as they are pointed out as sucpects. Hervé even memorized the hull numer of the ships from the Indian Coast guard.

In an interview with the BBC yesterday, Mrs Robinson described Latifa as "a troubled young woman". Those comments led to criticism from a number of human rights campaigners.

However, in a statement issued this morning, Mrs Robinson said: "I am dismayed at some of the media comments on my visit. I would like to say I undertook the visit and made an assessment, not a judgement, based on personal witness, in good faith and to the best of my ability. On my arrival in Dubai I received extensive briefings and it was clear to me that Princess Haya had particular concern for the welfare of Sheikha Latifa whom she described as troubled and quite vulnerable.“

More to read here: https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1228/1019336-mary-robinson-sheikha-latifa/

But It will not lead to anything unless the government of India is cooperating as they are pointed out as sucpects. Hervé even memorized the hull numer of the ships from the Indian Coast guard.

As we know so far the indian and emirati coast guard worked together in that case following the presumption of a kidnapping and trying to cross borders illegally of some suspects.

Last edited:
...Princess Haya had particular concern for the welfare of Sheikha Latifa whom she described as troubled and quite vulnerable.“

Propbably PH witch seems like a likeable person understood the PR disaster that Latifa is for UAE on day 1. She takes her under her wings so that she doesn´t haft to be beaten and sleep on a bloody shitty madrass in a dark room for three more years. (Source: Latifas video).

Latfia is druged and lives somewhere in the Palace with PH and her children. (Source Mary Robinson BBC interview).

After the documentary on BBC on dec 6th the presassure mounts and PH contacts Mrs. Robinson. She knows that pictures of Latifa alive will blow some steam of. Notice that PH and her children are not on the Mary Robinson pictures. We only know by MR that they (PH+children) were on that lunch.

Mary Robinson interview in BBC raises more question then answears and the **** hits the famous fan. And here we are now.

Propbably PH witch seems like a likeable person understood the PR disaster that Latifa is for UAE on day 1. She takes her under her wings..

It seems to be a good progress in that case because HRH PH might have the power to find an acceptable solution in the interest of her step-daughter.

Last edited:
I listened to the whole radio interview to Mary Robinson and understood the following:
- she was primarily interested in speaking of her book on climate change;
- she was asked about Latifa, answered, then quickly tried to bring back the subject of climate change and said she had given her book to Latifa (hilarious, in this context)
- the interviewer struggled to bring her back to Latifa's topic
- she was brought in as friend of Princess Haya
- she then communicated to other friends in the UN and human rights organisations

It is interesting that official and formal enquiries were left without response while friends and informal channels were brought in, then made public.
Why?

Radha Stirling -- the CEO of UK-based advocacy group Detained in Dubai -- accused Robinson's account of being too similar to the emirate's official position.
She said Robinson, the former president of Ireland, "appeared to be reciting almost verbatim from Dubai's script."
Stirling questioned why Robinson made no reference to Sheikha Latifa's previous claim that she was tortured and detained for three years following a previous failed attempt to leave the UAE in 2002 as a teenager.
She also said Robinson failed to question the raid of Sheikha Latifa's boat in international waters amid her second escape attempt earlier this year.
"Sheikha Latifa phoned me on the night of her abduction, pleading for my help," Stirling said.
"Given what she has conveyed to me, this meeting in no way satisfies me that she is free from the abuse that she told me she had suffered for years."
Sheikha Latifa_ Mary Robinson accused of 'backing' Dubai - CNN

And let's not forget Latifa's sister, Shamsa, kidnapped in the UK.
No mention of her in Mary Robinson's accounts either

I listened to the whole radio interview to Mary Robinson and understood the following:
- she was asked about Latifa, answered, then quickly tried to bring back the subject of climate change and said she had given her book to Latifa (hilarious, in this context)
- she was brought in as friend of Princess Haya
- she then communicated to other friends in the UN and human rights organisations

It is interesting that official and formal enquiries were left without response while friends and informal channels were brought in, then made public.
Why?

Also she will be back i march 2019 to the UAE bookfair. (And to visit Latifa if there´s time) :ermm:

Also she will be back i march 2019 to the UAE bookfair. (And to visit Latifa if there´s time) :ermm:

You are right. I noticed this also. A complicated case necessary to look at each side of the story.

Last edited:
A summary from last weeks UN metting in Geneva on Latifa among others:

Guernica 37 have previously filed a Petition of Complaint to the UN Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearance, who, having deemed the complaint to be admissible, have communicated the position to both the Governments of India, and the UAE, inviting their response. However, it has thus far been met with silence, and therefore ignorance on the part of those Governments, both of whom seek to take an active part in the work of the United Nations and who claim to have a commitment to human rights.
The hearing of 14 September 2018 enabled the Working Group to be provided with an update as to the current position, including the submission of new information concerning Sheikha Latifa’s disappearance.
Despite the silence from the Indian and Emirati authorities, the matter remains open and ongoing, with both the UN Working Group, and Guernica 37 in conjunction with Detained in Dubai as her appointed legal representatives, actively investigating the matter.
At the conclusion of the closed-door session, further information was provided to the Working Group on the circumstances of the abduction and the fate and whereabouts of Sheikha Latifa that is expected to be communicated to the two Respondent States within the coming days."

United Nations considers next actions to find missing Princess... - Detained In Dubai

I bring back the above message as explanatory of the international authorities officially looking at Latifa's case, who have not received a response from neither Dubai nor India so far.

I add that all parties involved in the attempted escape and travelling on board the yacht carried regular entry documents to India, including Latifa. This has been publicly confirmed by those interviewed by BBC for the recent documentary on the case.

Some recent comments seemed uninformed on the above, circulated the wrong information, were misleading for any reader and I wish to help filling gaps on key topics and reinstating facts.
I hope that this helps

I add that all parties involved in the attempted escape and travelling on board the yacht carried regular entry documents to India, including Latifa.

Indeed this an interesting point you mentioned because in her video she said that she wasnt able to own traveling documents prevented by her family. Any information available about where her regular entry documents come from?

Last edited:
Visa documents for any country can only be released by the country itself, via its official channels. In case of India, visa application has to be filed online at this link: www.indiavisaonline.gov.in
This website includes all the relevant and official information on visas to India that you may need

I add that all parties involved in the attempted escape and travelling on board the yacht carried regular entry documents to India, including Latifa.

Visa documents for any country can only be released by the country itself, via its official channels. In case of India, visa application has to be filed online at this link: www.indiavisaonline.gov.in
This website includes all the relevant and official information on visas to India that you may need

I know...but she need a passport first and she said that her family prevented her owning a passport for traveling. UAE nationals visiting India need a valid passport and E-Visa before arrival in India. Those persons arriving without valid passport and a valid visa will not be allowed entry the country because visa application cannot be done after arriving in India. Also there are special regulations for arriving India via seaports. Means no passport no regular entry documents and therefore no regular entry possible.

Last edited:
I know...but she need a passport first and she said that her family prevented her owning a passport for traveling. No passport means no regular entry documents.
I would suggest that you go through the recent bbc documentary as well as 60 minutes Australia, plus all links and posts of this thread of discussion to acquire knowledge of essential facts, as your questions clearly show that this would help.

I would suggest that you go through the recent bbc documentary as well as 60 minutes Australia, plus all links and posts of this thread of discussion to acquire knowledge of essential facts, as your questions clearly show that this would help.

Well, that is not an answer of the question I had. Where did she get the valid entry documents needed to travel to India? I asked because you stated that she owned regular entry documents for India while Sheikha Latifa said in her video she wasnt allowed to own passport for traveling.

Last edited:
Well, that is not an answer of the question I had. Where did she get the valid entry documents needed to travel to India?

I did answer as I told you where to find the answer to this and other questions that you asked. That's the best help I can provide to fill the many information gaps. It is now your choice to decide whether to go through the information or not.

I did answer as I told you where to find the answer to this and other questions that you asked. That's the best help I can provide to fill the many information gaps. It is now your choice to decide whether to go through the information or not.

Let me reword the question: any information available how she got back her passport which her family never gave her to prevent her travelling, according to her former video statement? Didnt find any informations about it in the posts and links here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom