Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi: Al Nahyan dynasty: December 2004 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which sons of Sheika Fatima attended American universities/colleges? I read an article that stated all of her children have advanced education.

Also, who is the youngest of her children?

Thanks for answering my questions in advance.:)

Sheikh Abdullah is the youngest of her children.
Im not too sure who attended which university but I know a few of them attended universities in the UAE

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think any of sheikha fatima's sons went to a university in the states. alot of her grandsons are educated abroad. sheikh abdullah was suppose to attend a college in the us (forget which one) to study architecture when the gulf war broke out. he stayed in the uae to help his country. i thought i heard that he served in the forces in some capacity. don't quote me on that one however.

Sheikh Abdullah was 12 years old at the time of the Gulf War II (1990-1991). He was the Minster of Information and Culture from the time he was 18 till he became Minister of Foreign Affaires.

Last edited:
hi, i think it was an article i read regarding the sheikh abdullah info. will see if i can find. in the meantime, thanks for the correction.

:uaeflag:

As the Abu Dhabi subforum is now attracting more contributions this thread has been split. The two new threads created from it are:

Sheikh Khalifa current events and
Crown Prince Mohammed current events

Posts relating to other members of the Ruling Family should continue to be made in this thread (ie Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi).

Discussion of general Abu Dhabi wedding customs should be made in the Marriage Customs in the Non-Western World thread in Members' Corner.

Thanks for everyone's participation in giving substance to the Abu Dhabi subforum. :flowers:

Dazzling, Humera and Warren
UAE moderators

Last edited:
Turkish Foreign Minister Ali BABACAN (R) and UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan pose prior to a meeting in Ankara May 5, 2008. Zayed al-Nahyan is in the Turkish capital for talks with top officials including President Abdullah Gul and Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4
(ANP pictures)

can anyone tell me about sheikh saif bin zayed al nahyan, the uae minister of interior? Is his mother sheikha fatima and how old he is?

Spanish Foreign Affairs Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos (R) Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan (C) and European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana (L) listen to the speech President General Suleiman, the third military president of the Republic, made after his election as president of Republic by majority votes of the majority and opposition deputies in Lebanese parliament in Beirut, Lebanon, 25 May 2008.
Picture

Jun 3, 2008

President HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan today announced the death of Sheikh Nasser bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who died last night when a helicopter carrying him and his colleagues crashed into the Arabian Gulf.

Sheikh Nasser was the brother of President HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed.

WAM

Dubai Ruler mourns death of Sheikh Nasser

Last edited:
Death of Sheikh Nasser bin Zayed Al Nahyan

Thanks Paty.

Gulfnews link to the death of Sheikh Nasser here.

Was Sheikh Nasser a full brother to Sheikh Khalifa or a half brother?

Also, can someone tell me how to add an avatar?

Thanks

Last edited:
Condolences

I wish to convey my sincere condolences to the Nahyan family on the demise of Sheikh Nasser bin Zayeed al Nahyan. Surely we come from Allah and unto Him is our return.:rose2::rose2::rose2:.

Picture Posting

A reminder that copyrighted images must be posted as links unless the member has the written permission of the copyright owner to reproduce the image in the Forums.

Please note that hotlinked pictures will be deleted immediately. Hotlinking is not allowed in the Forums.

Warren
UAE moderator

Sheikh Nasser bin Zayed Al Nahyan

The death of Shk Nasser was so sad last monday.....he has young kids :closedeye

How do the Sheikhs decide whether to wear western clothes or Traditional clothes to events? Is it just a matter of choice or do certain events dictate the manner of dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom