Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And, although I know this isn’t the fashion thread, they look perfectly clad for Wimbledon..
I hope we will get quite a few royals from both the British and other royal families this year. I’d love to see Charlene accompany Albert - he usually tries to attend each year.
Yes in the past we used to see numerous royals in the Royal Box at Wimbledon!

No royals in the Royal Box on Day 1. A dark day in Wimbledon history… The old Duke of Kent always attended the opening day.
I gather Lord Frederick Windsor was there, but the pic I saw suggests he wasn’t sat in the Royal Box. Yes, I miss seeing the Duke of Kent.

In the absence of any royals in the Royal Box (again) on Day 2 , here’s a nice gallery of previous appearances. I had forgotten George and Charlotte were both at Wimbledon last year, hope we see them this.

Hooray! A our first royal in the Royal Box!! I’m really hoping we see a member of the British Royal Family for Murray’s final appearance at Wimbledon.
My thoughts too!

The weather is awful at Wimbledon today, but there'll be play under the roof at Centre Court, so we may see some of the Royals anyway. The Middletons were there yesterday.

Nice to see the Prince and his cousin at Wimbledon today.

Princess Beatrice & Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Lady Sarah and Daniel Chatto are attending Wimbledon Day 9 (today).

Even though Edo is British, I wonder if he has an affinity for the Italian players. Since they chose to attend on a day where both Sinner and Paolini (Italy's #1 man and #1woman) would both be playing on centre court.
I am thinking it is more to do with when they are invited into the royal box, having said that it is usually into the second week that they attend.

Lovely to see Beatrice and Edo at Wimbledon today. I was hoping we’d see more of the younger royals attending this week.

Even though Edo is British, I wonder if he has an affinity for the Italian players. Since they chose to attend on a day where both Sinner and Paolini (Italy's #1 man and #1woman) would both be playing on centre court.
I think it's a coincidence, but I've thought about that as well. In any case, I'm sure they enjoyed themselves: an amazing win from Paolini, and Sinner-Medvedev was a great match (unfortunately, it wasn't Jannik's best day)

Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi from yesterday.
Both of them are really enjoying the match!
PPE Agency

Queen Camilla visits Wimbledon today

Maybe his affinity has to do with his Italian roots. He is the son of Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, member of a formerly titled noble family whose ancestral seat is Villa Mapelli Mozzi in the Bergamo province of Italy.

I am sure his Italian background is why miss whirley asked the question in the first place :flowers:

It’s lovely to see Queen Camilla at Wimbledon this year. She has visited previously and seems quite keen on tennis, unlike Queen Elizabeth.

It’s lovely to see Queen Camilla at Wimbledon this year. She has visited previously and seems quite keen on tennis, unlike Queen Elizabeth.
I'd love to see fellow sporting enthusiasts such as Albert and Charlene in attendance or Infanta Elena of Spain ,in the past we'd see numerous foreign royals at Wimbledon

Back
Top Bottom