Royals at UEFA Euro 2024 in Germany: June 14 – July 14, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sorry but King Frederik does not look as a King !

why? is it the tie?
I think this is standard for him for football games.

I think it's a more lay back nature of the Danes, having followed the DRF for decades now. The Danish Football team appreciated their support and thanked them.

Looked like a king or not, he looked like a happy dad with his daughter.

why? is it the tie?
I think this is standard for him for football games.

I think it's a more lay back nature of the Danes, having followed the DRF for decades now. The Danish Football team appreciated their support and thanked them.

Looked like a king or not, he looked like a happy dad with his daughter.
What exactly is "look like a king" supposed to be? A tie does not a King or heir make tbh. It is not about wardrobe, it is about a presence, aura and confidence which IMO Frederik has in spades, no tie needed. Smdh. He looked just fine at the game and happy to be there with his daughter.

Well, the national teams may have ended the game in a tie, but it seems King Frederik came out on top of the fashion contest. lol :clap::wub::clap:

From the article
With his modern royal look, our king won the style contest against Prince William.

Even though Denmark's football team had to settle for a draw against England, it still turned out to be a kind of Danish EC victory when King Frederik convincingly beat Prince William in the fashion match at the Frankfurt Arena.
They quote one comment
"Our king is totally relaxed and rests in himself. Likes that he is there and having fun with his youngest mouse. Cool, says a Danish royaligan".

BT also has a similar article.

The king of cool
Several of the both Danish and English followers praise our "relaxed" and "informal" king, who is called everything from "cool" and "handsome" to "popular and "modern".

Just something fun and harmless.
And on a different note, King Frederik was asked what was the best part of the game and his response was incredibly sweet

Frederik's personal highlight​

The king was asked what, for him, was the highlight of the football trip to Denmark's match in Frankfurt in Germany, where the king was in the company of his daughter Princess Josephine.
"To be present there with my daughter, answered King Frederik according to BT, and that answer is sweet"

Last edited:
Frederik was at a football game with his daughter. I suppose he could have rocked up in a jersey, jeans, and some Chuck Taylors, but he went for a nice suit coat, khakis, button-down shirt, and no tie. That means he doesn't look like a king? Should he have worn his gala uniform complete with the hat with jaunty feathers and sword? He's always been less formal than other European royals in non-official events.

I rather like that he isn't stuffy. It makes him more relatable, despite his position.

Frederik was at a football game with his daughter. I suppose he could have rocked up in a jersey, jeans, and some Chuck Taylors, but he went for a nice suit coat, khakis, button-down shirt, and no tie. That means he doesn't look like a king? Should he have worn his gala uniform complete with the hat with jaunty feathers and sword? He's always been less formal than other European royals in non-official events.

I rather like that he isn't stuffy. It makes him more relatable, despite his position.
Both he and Jospehine looked great! Totally appropriate for the event. He's always been laid back and from all the comments I've seen, the Danes love that! Hopefully the Danes continue in the tournament and we see him attending again...maybe this time with Vincent, who also plays football.

King Philippe with Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eleonore attend the game between Belgian national soccer team Red Devils and Romania in Cologne today, June 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Lovely seeing King Phillipe with his three kids. Love their scarves!

Philippe has up the bar bringing his 3 kids. 😆 But of course it's a Saturday so easier lol.
The scarfs are prefect. Belgium is up 1 to 0

Very surprised by the absence of the Dutch king from the games so far,he is the odd Royal one out at the UEFA 2024

Very surprised by the absence of the Dutch king from the games so far,he is the odd Royal one out at the UEFA 2024
We've been in the last stages of the forming of a new government these last few weeks. So he may have chosen to stay in the country and keep an eye on things. Kabinet was sworn in this morning, so he took the first possible opportunity to go to Germany this evening.

We've been in the last stages of the forming of a new government these last few weeks. So he may have chosen to stay in the country and keep an eye on things. Kabinet was sworn in this morning, so he took the first possible opportunity to go to Germany this evening.
He was also at a wedding in Germany but I am glad to finally see his attendance in Germany yesterday evening.

Yes, I've seen that other post, but your own one sounded so: "I am glad to finally see his attendance" :)

So as you haven't seen any footage either, I rather doubt he has really been there.

Yes, I've seen that other post, but your own one sounded so: "I am glad to finally see his attendance" :)

So as you haven't seen any footage either, I rather doubt he has really been there.
I believe the initial report was from me based on what the romanian sports commentators said. I have not seen them myself but I also missed seeing the BE royal family when Belgium played Romania so I thought maybe I am just missing those exact moments on tv.
Pictures are starting to come out now in Romania so if any of WA or Maxima will be amongst them I will share here, If not, I appologise for passing along incorrect reporting from the romanian commentators!!!

Its all very bizarre.
Germany is not that far from the Netherlands ,the king of Spain has attended a few matches and that's a much longer trip.

Last edited:
Maybe they are waiting to attend a match agains one of the "big teams" in footbal? Or maybe one against another Monarchy instead of republics?

After looking up the schedule of the games I think we might excuse Willem for not appearing July 2nd. It was the day of the swearing-in-ceremony of the new parliament which took place in Huis ten Bosch and it was his duty to be there. The game in Munich started at 6.00 pm, and Munich is pretty far from Den Haag.
I can well imagine that he will attend the game between the Netherlands and Turkey this coming saturday in Berlin.

Willem-Alexander typically waits for later stages of the tournament before attend a World or European Cup in football/soccer. So, I fully expect him to attend the finals or semi-finals if the Netherlands would reach that stage. Not sure about the quarter-finals. Previously, it was often prince Pieter-Christiaan, as the most sporty prince, attending matches. Not sure whether he did so far...

Back
Top Bottom