Royals at the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
casareal has changed the agenda to Felipe only, the original plan was that both King and Queen will attend.

It remains interesting how much Mary (and the rest of her family) are seen supporting the Australian team over the years. I am quite sure that in the Netherlands it would not go over well if Máxima would do the same for the Argentinian team, she is expected to fully support the Dutch team (as she does!).

casareal has changed the agenda to Felipe only, the original plan was that both King and Queen will attend.
But I can still see both the King and Queen listed on casareal. I only read it in spanish. Did you perhaps read it in english?

It remains interesting how much Mary (and the rest of her family) are seen supporting the Australian team over the years. I am quite sure that in the Netherlands it would not go over well if Máxima would do the same for the Argentinian team, she is expected to fully support the Dutch team (as she does!).
Mary always makes sure to stress that she supports Denmark before anyone else but I also think most Danes understand that it's only natural to retain a lot of love for your native country.

Yesterday her right foot seemed a little swollen, she is not fully recovered and perhaps she preferred to focus on the ceremony.

Last edited:
King Frederik and Queen Mary at the Opening Ceremonies - What a great photo!

Friendship, solidarity and fair play are the foundations of the Olympic spirit, which in the coming weeks gather nations from across the globe for the world's largest sporting and sporting event.

The strong community felt at the Olympic Games has always meant something special to both of us, just as experiencing the Olympic atmosphere together again evokes wonderful memories.

We are now ready at the Seine for the big opening ceremony, where in a little while we will wish our Danish athletes all possible good luck at the Olympic Games in Paris 🇩🇰

Here she is :) - Queen Máxima at the opening ceremony this evening:

** gettyimages gallery ** anp gallery **
As was announced... So, no surprises there. It's more of a surprise that their eldest daughters aren't with them as they were supposed to join the king as well for the next few days. Maybe they only got tickets for 2?

King Frederik and Queen Mary at the Opening Ceremonies - What a great photo!

Friendship, solidarity and fair play are the foundations of the Olympic spirit, which in the coming weeks gather nations from across the globe for the world's largest sporting and sporting event.

The strong community felt at the Olympic Games has always meant something special to both of us, just as experiencing the Olympic atmosphere together again evokes wonderful memories.

We are now ready at the Seine for the big opening ceremony, where in a little while we will wish our Danish athletes all possible good luck at the Olympic Games in Paris 🇩🇰

Love, love, LOVE that picture of them!

Mary always makes sure to stress that she supports Denmark before anyone else but I also think most Danes understand that it's only natural to retain a lot of love for your native country.

Indeed. And the Aussie athletes also look out for her and Frederik. Love how Frederik has taken them as his second team.
Once an Aussie...

Looks like they had a great time

Indeed. And the Aussie athletes also look out for her and Frederik. Love how Frederik has taken them as his second team.
Once an Aussie...

Looks like they had a great time
Love these! Yes, the Australian athletes were excited to see them and it seems like Mary and Frederik took the time to take photos and chat with them. Glad they got some royal support!

This morning Grand Duchess Maria Teresa shared some photos from yesterday, including a private photo together with Queen Mathilde and Queen Letizia:

Today, July 27, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde watched hockey and visited the Olympic village:

** rex gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Amalia-Catharina and Alexia visited the Olympic village, watched hockey and the Women's Cycling Road Individual Time Trial:

** anp gallery 1 ** anp gallery 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, Princess Anne and husband Tim attended the Men Semi-Final match South Africa vs France of the Rugby Sevens competitions today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima, the Princess of Orange and Princess Alexia met with athletes from Team Netherlands in the Athletes' Villages this morning.
(..)

More photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved seeing all the royals at the Opening Ceremonies cheering on the athletes....even under the constant rain.

Loved seeing the royals from Netherlands and Belgium attending events today and meeting with athletes. The Danish royals met with Danish athletes yesterday and even gave the Australian athletes some royal support by stopping by to visit them and take photos. The Spanish royals held a reception for the athletes on Thursday at the Spanish embassy too. All very supportive!! Plus attending the more official events at the invitation of the IOC and the French President!

I know it is not a competition of who is the best royal at the games...that's just silly....but the European royals have showed out for their teams so far and the games just started.

The Best Royal was Princess Ann , at the British Embassy she supported the British Olympic team as she was herself at Montreal in 1976.
She did not attend the Louvre Dinner and the Opening of the Game.
I thought she did attend the Louvre dinner but not the Opening Ceremony?

If anything, Maxima is incredibly hard working. If she is not there, it means she has a very very good reason to not be. She was dealing with her sister's mental illness, her father declining health, many personal challenges including her own illnesses while still showing up and smiling and being energetic. She could have burnt out just like Princess Charlene did a few years ago and no one knew nor extended any kindness to her until it was publicly known and acknowledged by the court. Therefore, I would reserve judgment.
I don’t think anyone judges her… It’s just that both she and the Dutch Royal Court sometimes seems to forget that she is the Queen Consort of Netherlands and not the private citizen Mrs Maxima Nassau-Zorreguieta.

Everyone will understand and sympathize with her if there is illness or other personal difficulties involved, but then the court better announces it, so people knows what they should have patience with and sympathize with.

Last edited:
The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía are in Paris to support the Spanish Olympic Team at the Paris Olympic Games.

Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg in Official inauguration of the Maison du Luxembourg.

Photos from the inauguration of the Luxembourg House:

Last edited:
The Dutch Royals met Finland's president Alexander Stubb and his wife Suzanne Innes-Stubb at the Women's Cycling Road Individual Time Trial.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

The Stubb-couple must be one of the most sporty (and impressive) heads of state couples in the whole olympics, both take part in triathlons, he also in Ironman, on top of that he speaks six languages, she five, and both has very impressive educations and careers😀

Back
Top Bottom