Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it IS the same outfit....

Tessy
http://superkoninklijk1.web-log.nl/s...6/24/blauw.jpg

Marie Teresa
http://superkoninklijk1.web-log.nl/superkoninklijk/images/2008/06/24/blauw_2.jpg

IMO it looks better on Tessy, but Maria Teresa shoes are more elegant than Tessys

I never realized that. I thought the outfit was familiar but couldnt figure it out. I liked it better on MT simply becasue she wore it better and the necjlace etc made a difference. On Tessy, the color was too old for her and it did look old for her

I meant an entirely new creation of the same outfit. For example Tessy bought the same outfit but in a much smaller size.

Or Tessy could be wearing MT's outfit but obviously had it adjusted to her size just like what the ladies in the Dutch familt do, we remeber Maxima & Mabel wearing QB's dresses:D

Or Tessy could be wearing MT's outfit but obviously had it adjusted to her size just like what the ladies in the Dutch families do, we remeber Maxima & Mabel wearing QB's dresses:D

I thought it was lovely when Mabel wore Queen Beatrix engagement dress. I believe that Martha Louise also wear her mother's red engagement dress. They weren't recycling the dresses; they were wearing them as a sentimental gesture.

What dress did Maxima wear that was worn by Queen Beatrix?

Or Tessy could be wearing MT's outfit but obviously had it adjusted to her size just like what the ladies in the Dutch familt do, we remeber Maxima & Mabel wearing QB's dresses:D

I only know of Mabel wearing QB's dress so i'll speak of that.The difference is that Mabel's and QB bodies were more similar so the alterations would be few if any at all. However MT's body is significantly much larger than Tessy, much alteration would be needed. Hence, I believe if it would be easier to purchase the same outfit in a smaller size than to carry out such alterations.

Wow. I can see someone from a diffrent house wearing the same dress, or even recycling, but it seems odd that after all of the comparissons that she has gotten to Mary, that Marie would wear the same dress, which (in my opinion) was worn better by Mary.

the purple is a nicer colour than the silver/grey and it would have really suited Mary as well

Good Lord, how on earth did i miss this!!!!!:eek::eek::bang: Well imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I just don't know if this was a smart thing to do. But then i didn't notice, so who else didn't???

^true, but why would she choose to do it when everyone is comparing her to Mary? Does she like it, or simply not care?

Probably Marie is a natural woman to whom does not care about comparisons or forums where comparing her with Mary and people are outraged just because she wears a dress just like her sister-in-law one.

Either Marie didn't care, or she thought that since her dress was in a different color, and since Mary wore a sweater over her dress, that people wouldn't notice. I will say that I like the color of Marie's dress more than the color of Mary's dress.

True, but Mary wore it as a day dress, and Marie at evening, so the colours were most appropriate the way they wore, IMO.

I think that the way Mary wore the dress is better - looks more stylish somehow. Moreover I like grey colour more than purple.

to be honest, i didn't notice the same dress, even though they wore it shortly appart in time. i think the colours are distinctive enough to consider them different ones visually. i think they both looked great in them (although i prefer marie's choice of colour, the other one looks to me a bit washed out) and i consider it quite a gesture of camaraderie that they share their wardrobe secrets, just as any other two female friends would. i think they have proven that they are different (despite the same name, similar features and wearing the same dress) in countless ocassions and i doubt a dress would make us rethink that. :)

IMHO Mary helps Marie with selecting dresses, especially from Danish designers and as they both normally chose items from a Pret-a-porter-collection, it's understandible that they might end up with pieces from the same collections. Maybe they even view the latest collections at Mary's home together.

what i can't understand is why marie keeps wearing black stockings with her dresses? they look so 80/90s!!

I like the idea of recycling dresses. The royals have to have so many outfits and they are all so expensive, a bit of thrift is to be admired more than anything else.
What a waste to pay a fortune for a dress and then put it in a cupboard. I hope we see even more of this.

I wouldn't say Marie was copying Mary. The different colors and stylings of the dresses make them seem so different.

Royals are wearing dresses with ruffles all over the place at the moment (Letizia, Maxima, Mary, Marie). I don't think Marie is copying Mary, it's just "En Vogue" to wear that sort of dresses.

Today I saw pictures of Mette-Marit attending the wedding of the Spanish crown prince and princess at www.royals.web-log.nl. Though she is wearing a jacket, her dress underneath somehow remins me of the one we have seen on Princess Mary at Isabella's baptism - there is only a colour difference. Unfortunately I was not able to link the photos to this threat, therefore hopefully you know which dresses I am talking about. What do you think? :flowers:

It seems as though they share the same stylist and the exact same fashion-sense! The coat is beautiful in both colors.

Yes they are probably the two princesses who "overlap" the most.
Gotta love Natan (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom