Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 21: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Máxima looked great in Natan at the D-Day commemoration in France today, June 6:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** March 2023 **

Queen Maxima looks great here from hat to shoes. She gives me a 1950s retro look with tones of Balenciaga lines
And then, there are those dessert plate buttons demanding attention. Overall, one of Maxima's top looks for 2024.

Believe me, here in our little Royal Forums judges of fashion panel we set the bar really low for her out of desperation to look good in any picture.

Here she looks regal in royal blue.

Asides from the buttons it was a very elegant appearance by Queen Máxima in Normandy.

About the bad hair: the blog modekoninginmaxima says that the Queen - knowing her difficult hair- likes to 'rest' her hair before it needs to be styled morer elaborately. And with the diplomatic dinner, D-Day and a photosession within 2 days, perhaps that was the reason.

I like this Natan outfit for the photosession actually. It looks appropriate for the occassion.

It really is a great suit and colour. And nice to see her with less make-up too. I wish she wore more of (the toned down) designs of Iversen. If we forget the cheese-dress she always looks good in them.

And today, June 10, Queen Maxima looked great in red (Natan) during a welcome ceremony by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp:

** Full view ** gallery ** June 2022 **

Love it. I like this headpiece better too. The whole outfit looks so much better for it imo.

Usually, she (and Camilla) look amazing in the large hats, but the red one from 2022 is an exception.

A nice look by Claes Iversen for Máxima when arriving in Atlanta, Georgia for a working visit yesterday, June 9:

** Full view **
She wore peach to visit Atlanta?

*groans*
And today, June 10, Queen Maxima looked great in red (Natan) during a welcome ceremony by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp:

** Full view ** gallery ** June 2022 **
The red outfit is very snazzy and improved with headpiece but it’s truly Maxima when I thought the fringe of the (state?) flag behind her was part of her dress! ;)

I would say the Iversen outfit is mauve and not peach coloured. But what is the problem with wearing peach in Atlanta?

-
The Queen must have done a deep cleaning of her closet. The red hairpiece is from 2002 and was worn on Prinsjesdag.

I would say the Iversen outfit is mauve and not peach coloured. But what is the problem with wearing peach in Atlanta?

-
The Queen must have done a deep cleaning of her closet. The red hairpiece is from 2002 and was worn on Prinsjesdag.
I guess it would be seen as 'flag clothing' (not sure if that's the right term - I am referring to the practice to wear clothes resembling the national colors - a custom which Máxima, like other royals, is no stranger too) as Georgia is the 'peach state'.

Really like this hair piece - much better combination with the dress than the large hat.

Ah, I have never heard of a peach state, thanks!

I tend to prefer hats over hair pieces. But this outfit already looks very 'mother of the bride'-ish as it is, so the last thing it needed was a hat. Nice to see that the Queen dressed up like a Queen, even when this is only a working visit. She looks good in it. The head piece apparently was made by Philip Tracey.

I tend to prefer hats over hair pieces. But this outfit already looks very 'mother of the bride'-ish as it is, so the last thing it needed was a hat. Nice to see that the Queen dressed up like a Queen, even when this is only a working visit. She looks good in it. The head piece apparently was made by Philip Tracey.
I thought the Philip Tracey head piece worked much nicer than the hat worn in June 2022.

The ‘Peach State’ because of the fruit, not the color. It’s the first thing anyone tends to associate with Georgia. Maybe a nice little gesture, but also corny to the point of wearing a windmill or a tulip to the Netherlands.

The milliner is Treacy, not Tracey.

Last edited:
I have to say, Queen Maxima came to shine like a star with her wardrobe. All the news are gushing on her looks. She looks out of a fashion magazine cover in every picture.

I have liked her recent outfits, right back to the summer photo shoot. She seems to have favoured stronger lines in her outfits and more monotone colours, which I think works well for her.

It should not work, but yet, it does. Well done to Maxima to wearing this dress so well.
I love the white outfit. Very elegant.

Savannah really is a lovely city. Looks very nice in the background.

The dress is a repeat, she wore it before on the island of Saba during the Caribean tour of the Pss of Orange. The dress is Natan. It doesn't look that bad from a distance and the silhouette works from afar too. But on closer inspection it is clear the craftmanship is lacking, as often is the case with his designs.

And on top of it the seams have been altered to lengthen the dress, as has been happening to more outfits of HM lately. The original seam can however still be seen in the fabric. The hat has been worn many times before. The loose hair is a nice try but not as succesfull as other hairdo's this trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom