Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 19: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The queen looks nice but the outfit looks more suited to an Arrival Ceremony than Day2.

Funny you should say that. This was the Day 1 Arrival outfit when they went to India on a state visit in 2018 or 2019!

Queen Máxima in New Delhi, India, today, August 29, wearing her newest Altuzarra dress again:

** Pic ** gallery ** June 2022 **

Last edited:
I would like to organize a big bonfire and burn all fascinators.
What a horrorful things. Away with them! Seldom a lady looks good with such a silly thing. Last week we saw poor Elisabeth of Belgium with a fascinator as well. It did nothing for her.

Then I would organize another bonfire and burn sunglasses. I really dislike royal ladies in formal gear with hat and then sunglasses. (Princess Anne even wears sports sunglasses...). Away with them! Use a wide brimmed hat to give shade to the eyes.

I absolutely agree. Most silly fascinators look like flying saucers stuck to their foreheads with crazy flowers or feathers growing on top. Give me a Jackie Kennedy Pill Box sitting at rear of head or proper brimmed hat any day. Don't actually mind sunglasses as now that I have had cataract surgery, they are a must on sunny days, per Ophthalmologist. Shade areas really doesn't matter as you will still be looking out into bright sunny areas. So, one never really knows what is happening to another's eyes, even at a younger age.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima in New Delhi, India, today, August 29, wearing her newest Altuzarra dress again:

The earrings and 'hairstyle' do nothing for the appearance today.

Queen Maxima has arrived in San Francisco today, looking good in black and white:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

It's really, really hot in the Bay Area right now. It was 106F at my house in the South Bay, and 115 at a friend's just a few miles further south. I hope she brought warm weather clothes and not fall-ish fashion. It's still over 90 degrees at 10pm.

That is an attractive look, albeit uncharacteristically low key for Maxima.

Its actually not bad and the hair looks like a hairbrush was packed for the visit ;)

Its actually not bad and the hair looks like a hairbrush was packed for the visit ;)

Lets hope the hairdresser and the hairbrush stay close to the Queen through the trip. ?

Great dress, good to see it out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Maxima start the second day as make a visit to The University of California at Berkeley

A really lovely appearance by the queen and one of Nathan's nicer contributions.

It’s Natan without an h.

I can't imagine anything made for each other like Maxima and Texas. ? Is she wearing a hat trying to forestall the cowgirl one?

Queen Máxima in Houston today, September 9:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And during a pre-recorded message for the Egypt International Cooperation Forum today, September 9:

Last edited:
No Natan, aren't we lucky ;). According to modekoninginmaxima the dress is by Michael Kors and it was worn before during a G20 summit in Argentina. I like the strong colours and the clean lines.

No Natan, aren't we lucky ;). According to modekoninginmaxima the dress is by Michael Kors and it was worn before during a G20 summit in Argentina. I like the strong colours and the clean lines.

And hair up! Seems to be more of trend lately for her but she looks so much better

Really nice hairstyle and colours on the dress,don't like the slit on the dress or the clunky plastic earrings.

The Queen has worn Tom Ford, Michael Kors and I feel these USA designers have more clean and crisp lines than some European alternatives.

Of course House of Natan has clean and crisp lines as well but the intentions do not always translate in reality. Often because of the choice of certain materials or just poor adjustment or strangely poor technique (seams, dents) for a Maison du Haute Couture which House of Natan pretends to be.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima at the symposium 'Young in the 21st century' in Utrecht today, September 14, re-wearing a Natan dress:

** gallery ** September 2019 **

Last edited:
Hor-ri-ble. The convincing proof that hanging hair and a hat are a no-no.

The look is let down as so often by the lack of hairstyle and looks quite silly with the hat.

Of course House of Natan has clean and crisp lines as well but the intentions do not always translate in reality. Often because of the choice of certain materials or just poor adjustment or strangely poor technique (seams, dents) for a Maison du Haute Couture which House of Natan pretends to be.

This is a pretty accurate description of Natan indeed. Though he has created several great outfits for the Queen, even those are often suffering from ugly seams, bad & unflattering cut/shape, wrinkly and/or 'heavy' material etc.

muriel said:
I think this is the dress that Maxima wore to Ascot in 2019.

I think the Ascot dress is slightly different. It does not have the grey/ dark blue undertones that this one has. But they clearly belong to the same line of dresses by Natan. Not his worst outfit though it was best worn during the state visit to Portugal (scroll down in link below)

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/koningin-maxima-aanwezig-bij-hbsc-symposium/.

It feels that the Queen has been recycling for the most part since Covid started. We rarely get to see a new outfit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom