Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 17: June 2020 - July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if it is a new dress or not but this color is much improved.
She looked like Big Bird from Sesame Street in the first yellow dress

I really like this outfit. But I don’t get walking around with the jacket draped over her shoulders. Either put it on or take it off imo.

I really like this outfit. But I don’t get walking around with the jacket draped over her shoulders. Either put it on or take it off imo.

No, I don’t either. The outfit looks better with hat somehow. I bet she’s enjoying herself, getting her jewels and hats back out the last two days.

I absolutely adore this look on her. The jacket draped is very Jackie O when she was young and Maxima has done quite often. It is her. I appreciate her hair in place with stunning hat also. JMO

Defiantly looks better with a hat ,given that most of North Western Europe is have a mini heatwave in mid September the jacket could have been left at home.

A really nice look on Queen Máxima today.

I immediately thought Queen Maxima had an outfit from the 1950’s on! The hat, gloves and purse really added to that era. I did see the pictures of her wearing the outfit on other occasions and those pictures did not look retro to me.

I noticed Queen Maxima has been wearing gloves. It will be interesting to see if she follows Britain’s Queen Elizabeth’s own rule of wearing gloves a lot. If I remember correctly Queen Elizabeth stated it was because she shook hands with so many people it helped prevent her from getting an illness. With Covid and Flu season it is not a bad idea.

Maybe A new fad is reintroduced!

The orange dress:

Much better with the color change. The yellow version screamed Big Bird. While still not a huge fan of the ruffles, it looks way better in the orange.

And wow she didn't disappoint in hair and accessories. Love the brooch :flowers:

Today:

The outfit is fantastic. I even like the coat on the shoulders, it works for her.

Thank you thank you thank you Max for the hat. I am in hat heaven with you today. Been too long. Stunning hat and hair, perfect for the look today.

Maxima just oozes a retro vibe. And even the cape effect goes with that.

I immediately thought Queen Maxima had an outfit from the 1950’s on! The hat, gloves and purse really added to that era. I did see the pictures of her wearing the outfit on other occasions and those pictures did not look retro to me.

I noticed Queen Maxima has been wearing gloves. It will be interesting to see if she follows Britain’s Queen Elizabeth’s own rule of wearing gloves a lot. If I remember correctly Queen Elizabeth stated it was because she shook hands with so many people it helped prevent her from getting an illness. With Covid and Flu season it is not a bad idea.

Maybe A new fad is reintroduced!

While I'm not a fan of Máxima's gloves (she has been wearing one glove (and holding the other one - and shaking hands with her bear hand!) for a long time at more official events), it does make sense to wear them (both!) these days as I do think it at least slightly reduces the risk of catching contagious diseases such as Covid.

Well, its certainly in bright colour for the Netherlands! Not sure if I like it or not. She is, however, wearing my favourite hat.

I love Maxima in. big hats .. but I so badly wish Natan would drop off the planet

Queen Máxima during the virtial meeting AVVN-conferentie ‘G7 Partnership for Women’s Digital Financial Inclusion in Africa’ at the 75th General Assembly of the United Nations (UNGA), as United Nations Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA), in her office at palace Huis ten Bosch in The Hague.

https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...herlands-shutterstock-editorial-10786879f.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...herlands-shutterstock-editorial-10786879b.jpg

Queen Máxima at an online working visit to the municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjLGEMXX0AEObby?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Máxima opened the annual breast cancer month during a meeting on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Breast Cancer Association Netherlands today:

** photos **

Like the color of this dress, but for me to much fabric. Nice to see her wearing a mask.

Like the color of this dress, but for me to much fabric. Nice to see her wearing a mask.

Wow yes, lovely colour but it looks odd as you say with too much material. Hate the hat but always do when its this style. I’ve decided I love big hats. I thought the mask was photoshopped on at first.

Wow she changed twice today? I love the pink hat not the orange. Both dresses are nice and she looks lovely.

The orange/bronze/gold dress Máxima has worn this afternoon is a recycled dress by Mattijs van Bergen:

** October 2014 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom