Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 6: November 2019 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of that motif on Letizia's dress but it would have been a lovely dress otherwise.

Minus the bow the dress was lovely but as always I felt the look was missing something a bracelet or bangle could have been worn.Sometimes Letizia misses the the mark.

First time she hasn't worn Felipe Varela and a new outfit at the PoA Awards - she felt the mood of the country and recycled a much worn dress. I think it suited the toned down event due to Covid

Minus the bow the dress was lovely but as always I felt the look was missing something a bracelet or bangle could have been worn.Sometimes Letizia misses the the mark.

I agree, although I love the shade of blue. Letizia will probably never be a strong lover of jewelry [shame] as I am sure that there is plenty she could chose from in the Royal vaults. Even if she did not like the style or outdated look, I am sure she could have the stones altered to things she and her daughters [in future] would enjoy wearing. JMO

Letizia will probably never be a strong lover of jewelry [shame] as I am sure that there is plenty she could chose from in the Royal vaults.

I actually think Letizia is not averse to using royal; jewellery for events she considers them to be appropriate.

> She has done well when on state visits to other monarchies, like Japan and the UK, where she has dug deep into Sofia's jewel casket to find earrings for day use.

> She has also not been shy in using the diamond bracelets from the jewels intended for Queen's.

> I think she is just very conscience of the political and economic environment in Spain, and wants the focus to be on their work, rather than on jewellery.

> I think the has potential, and in time, expect to see quite a lot of bling on her.

i like her dress (not my favourite from her collection of POA awards though) but leonor and sofia's ensembles are... odd.

No, no that slit is way to high and terribly inappropriate for a Queen.

The lady in the autumnal foliage suit looks very chic and elegant. The pattern works!

The slit on the dress didn't look right and an up do hairstyle would have looked much nicer.

There is nothing inappropriate about the slit. Its a side one and not that high.

Hopefully she doesnt start dressing like the lady in folliage until she is Sofia's age.

The dress was simple and elegant. But I agree she needed an updo for it.:flowers:

She wore it back in 2018. The hairstyle and earrings were better last time.

https://www.regalfille.com/2020/11/queen-letizia-armani-dress-journalism-award/

Nothing inappropriate if you're some tart C list Hollywood actress or IG model.
But for a Queen a slit that high looks tacky and trashy.
On pictures and video when she walks it looks cringeworthy.

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2020/11/king-felipe-and-queen-letizia-presented.html?m=1

We do live in 2020, and not in the 1950s. I know the dress has a slit, but is it really that daring a slit? I have not been able to ascertain that form the pictures I have seen so far.

What I have seen does not shout "some tart C list Hollywood actress or IG model" or "tacky and trashy"

Thank you Muriel for your comments. I agree with you. The slit is not that daring nor does it call out “tacky and trash” or some “tart C list Hollywood actress or IG model”. I have seen many royals for generations wear extremely low cut dresses that have raised my eyebrows. I have not seen any comments about current Royals wearing low cut dresses.
Are people playing Royal favorite and make comments on Royals they do not like? Are people making unnecessary comments because they are locked in their homes because of Covid and have nothing better to do then make rude comment? Why can a person just say they don’t care for a dress because the slit is high, the print is not flattering, the color is wrong without calling people names, etc. This is getting worse on many sites. What a shame.

The dress is by Armani, much better quality than Letizia usually wears. I don't think the slit adds anything to the design so I could do without it.

We do live in 2020, and not in the 1950s. I know the dress has a slit, but is it really that daring a slit? I have not been able to ascertain that form the pictures I have seen so far.

What I have seen does not shout "some tart C list Hollywood actress or IG model" or "tacky and trashy"
We all know that Letizia and lots of royal women have shown that they can wear contemporary, stylish, and modern styles while retaining modesty and decorum.

However a mid thigh slit where one can see the Queen's untanned mid thigh is plain and simply tacky and inappropriate. Periodt.

We all know that Letizia and lots of royal women have shown that they can wear contemporary, stylish, and modern styles while retaining modesty and decorum.

However a mid thigh slit where one can see the Queen's untanned mid thigh is plain and simply tacky and inappropriate. Periodt.

I guess it is down to one's perspective, I suspect we are a lot more relaxed about these things in Europe.

Yes it was a really nice look and colour combination on the queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom